Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hideo Kojima on Sony's PS4 plans

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2013 8:56:27 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.edge-online.com/news/hideo-kojima-on-sonys-ps4-plans/

Hideo Kojima on Sony's PS4 plans

Hideo Kojima has described PS4 as a logical evolution of the PlayStation platform and welcomed its social aspects, but stressed the importance of quality software for the next-gen console.

Speaking to us after the launch of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Kojima said that he was too busy to actually watch Sony's PlayStation Meeting, but when we described it to him, he responded: "Of course, I know what the hardware is, but I want to see how other companies are using it. First of all, I think that's great, but it's nothing special; you could see it coming. It's the logical evolution of the platform and I think it has to head in that direction, hearing what you said is not surprising."

"Honestly, I think all of that is good and great," he continued. "Social aspects, the multidevice direction: that's correct, that's the way to go. But just because it has these features doesn't mean it's going to be a success. What will really determine whether or not it sells is what titles will be available for the platform. And unfortunately, even though I am friends with Mark Cerny, he's never told me what other studios are working on. I even ate a meal with him recently and he didn't tell me anything."

You can read the full interview in the next issue of Edge magazine.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 9:01:19 AM PST
new Tron says:
Thinking about a Metal Gear game on PS4 makes me salivate.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 9:10:46 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
Metal Gear Solid should be an exclusive again. No more being limited by the competitions hardware.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 9:12:13 AM PST
new Tron says:
I disagree. Metal Gear Solid is too awesome to be limited to one set of hardware. As many people as possible should have the option to play it.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 9:13:50 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
His name IS Fidel....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 9:46:24 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
MGS4 would have been seriously set back if it had released on 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 9:56:38 AM PST
new Tron says:
So? I played the completely gimped version of Bayonetta on the PS3 and loved the hell out of it.

Plus, spec wise, it seems the Nextbox and the PS4 will be awfully close to one another. I don't think minor hardware differences are going to make a whole lot of difference next gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 10:17:39 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
Im just trolling. hehehe

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 12:10:35 PM PST
I. Flores says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:49:38 PM PST
then they should purchase the console in which it is exclusive to. There, problem solved

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:52:18 PM PST
i played brutal legend and it was glitchly as heck with long load times. Yea I enjoyed it, but would have enjoyed it a lot more if neither of those two problems didnt exist!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:52:29 PM PST
DVvM says:
I think more the problem would be that it would have to come on about 5 DVDs in order to fit in all the video. In terms of practical horsepower, the PS3 and the 360 were really largely indistinguishable. It's just that dual-layer BDs held a little more than 5 times more data than DVD-9s held.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:54:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 8:56:00 PM PST
so you think Sony has better developers (in terms of graphics) than MS? I say that because PS3 had/has many more games that look way better than most Xbox games..that be Exclusives (lol..I know right) or multiplats.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:57:11 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'd enjoy this forum a lot more if you never posted here ever again, but I guess you can't win 'em all.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:58:51 PM PST
you enjoyed better if you actually had a PS3

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 9:00:40 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
If you actually played video games and didn't act like a colossal chode all the time people would probably take you seriously. Probably.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 9:05:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 9:05:49 PM PST
whats your PSN? I bet I play more than you even with the limited time I have. lmao

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 9:14:13 PM PST
Nothing like an urination tournament over time and achievements within a virtual realm! /sarcasm

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 9:42:34 PM PST
Nextbox came out with specs?

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 5:00:16 AM PDT
Gameresq says:
"But just because it has these features doesn't mean it's going to be a success. What will really determine whether or not it sells is what titles will be available for the platform."

I hope Sony executives are paying attention.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 5:28:46 AM PDT
new Tron says:
That's a fantastic solution for a fanboy who doesn't play video games, but not always an ideal solution for a gamer.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 8:32:18 AM PDT
so a gamer not fanboy (as you put it) wont purchase a system to play a game (that he really wants ) thats not on his preferred system? Therefore foregoing playing the game altogether...sounds like a fanboy

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 8:35:28 AM PDT
new Tron says:
Your attempts to deflect the subject are in vain.

My point is that only fanboys are pro-exclusivity. Real gamers want as many people as possible to play as many games as possible, and console exclusivity is a barrier to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 8:42:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 8:42:32 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Edge fails on their hit-count-boosting troll headline. Hideo Kojima called the PS4 "nothing special," and they just glossed right over it.

This is a shameful display of even-handed journalism and keeping things in context, and it's an embarrassment to the sensationalist online game-reporting industry that is the VGF's lifeblood.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 10:04:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 10:04:38 AM PDT
We all know hardware manufactures such as MS , Sony, and Nintendo only build hardware so you can have many options to play all of the games available. Not!

They want you to use their hardware and buy software exclusively for the hardware. Thus making them more money, its fact, its life, deal with. Im not whining that Halo or Gears are not on PS3 or that SM Bros is not on the PS3 or Xbox. I have all three.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Got a Wii U,now what? 4 1 minute ago
OT: Have You Ever Walked Out of a Movie? Slept Through One? 119 8 minutes ago
Am I the only person left who hasn't played Deus EX HR? 21 11 minutes ago
OT: Her bewbs may not be much to write home about, but she gives one great Amazon Monkeybar 9123 37 minutes ago
Anybody seen FOGE lately? 11 1 hour ago
Dishonored GOTY $14.99 @ Gamestop 4 2 hours ago
OT - New research supports male and female attraction genes cause a person to be attracted to a specific gender 38 2 hours ago
For DVs: Choose the next sleeper hit! 14 2 hours ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 28th June 2014. Xbox One Price Cut Failure. PS4 Domination Continues.... 50 2 hours ago
First Impressions: Breaking Out With Siesta Fiesta 15 2 hours ago
Longest time you've spent on one game... 115 3 hours ago
Give me one upcoming 2014/2015 game that, despite the hype, will not review and/or sell well 77 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Mar 9, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions