Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

7 Signs PlayStation Vita Is a Disaster

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 171 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:03:21 PM PST
I don't know how I can be more specific than two very specific systems I also posted about. I mean, Ray got upset with all of the low 3DS sales threads I posted and banned me from the Hyrulian Honor Guard.

It's just that Sony fans are unusually sensitive to news.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:03:52 PM PST
Then by all means show the Vita's global numbers compared to the PSP's global numbers at the same point in it's life time.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:04:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 3:05:35 PM PST
I'm a huge Vita defender and I'm not even some Sony fanboy. I think it's one of the most well-built and best playing handheld devices ever conceived.

In addition, for only being out for less than a year in the states, I have a nice many games for it that I've enjoyed.

I just don't get why gamers actually want it to fail. This is a godsend for handheld gaming devices. If you support it, more games will come. If you buy into the doom and gloom, developers will hold back. That's how it works.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:05:09 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Not specific enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:05:30 PM PST
Yes, it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:05:40 PM PST
JWK says:
It's not even close to an analogous situation. New iPhone's get released every (roughly) 1.5 years. Handheld gaming consoles do not. So, yes both the PSP/Vita and the mini/iPhone5 have 7 year gaps. But that's were the similarities end.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:05:49 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Why? He is comparing current PSP sales with current Vita sales.
Why would hystorical numbers matter?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:06:33 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Gimme threads. Links. Sources to your not trolling.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:07:06 PM PST
I think the Vita is one of the most well built handheld devices ever made and I've had mine long before some of the most passionate Sony defenders here. Over a year now (First Edition Bundle, February 15th, 2012.) I also have a nice library of many games for it that I have enjoyed.

I just don't see these gamers that want it to fail. Can you point them out for me?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:07:36 PM PST
He pointed out a device in the same family that was seven years older than the current model. it is analogous.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:08:41 PM PST
Because you keep saying it is only in Japan. That is why global numbers are relevant.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:10:20 PM PST
I see many posts on Neogaf, Youtube, etc. of people just wishing for its failure.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:10:31 PM PST
JWK says:
It's not analogous when a console's life cycle is seven years and a phone's life cycle is 15 months. He's talking about a direct predecessor that has software still in development and an obsolete product with an incredibly short lifespan. The specific example he used is ridiculous; no, it's not analogous.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:11:10 PM PST
I.Flores says:
So you're saying the PSP is currently outselling the Vita in regions other than Japan?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:12:31 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I think its disingenuous for you to act like some unbiased 3rd party when clearly you get a kick out of riling up fanboys of all types, especially Sony and Nintendo. Maybe you don't want these systems to fail, but you sure enjoy making fanboys think you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:18:03 PM PST
I swear, nobody else on VGF is requested to post threads from over two years ago. Unreasonable demands much?

Here are a couple of negative Nintendo articles from 2011:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd__ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx34Z7RGO8D6YTZ&displayType=tagsDetail

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd__ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx2MLW6ZQLV9D17&displayType=tagsDetail

And recently:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx318YR7YEFDTDZ

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:18:37 PM PST
No, I am asking for the global numbers for both systems which you are strangely reluctant to provide.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:19:40 PM PST
He was highlighting how the Vita is being outsold by an earlier and less sophisticated product. You may not like it and you have every right not to like it but it is analogous.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:19:51 PM PST
I understand the correlation, but you have to admit that it is a poor analogy given the frequency of new phone releases.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:21:00 PM PST
Dude, I post articles and news. It is not my fault that Sony fanthings tend to get most defensive. I mean, over on NeoGAF we can actually have discussions about the industry (including the negative news) without people getting upset or launching accusations of trolling.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:21:39 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Why should I?
You're the one that's disagreeing with my "PSP is currently outselling the Vita only in Japan" comment.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:21:50 PM PST
Poor? Sure, I can buy that but the writer still has a point about the Vita sales. I mean, when the 3DS was being outsold by the PSP we had users right here in VGF laughing about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:22:19 PM PST
You should because you are arguing against the point. I am asking you to back up your claims by showing the global sales numbers for both systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:26:52 PM PST
Sorry but what doesn't get console fanboys riled up? I mean seriously you might say that their favored console controller batteries aren't great and they're about to start a holy war on you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:28:10 PM PST
Oh, and here is where a Nintendo fan reached his breaking point with me because of all the anti-Nintendo articles I posted at the time:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdMsgID=Mx2W3TRGAFO5R2S&cdMsgNo=3&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx41II4RY4XQB#Mx2W3TRGAFO5R2S
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  171
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions