Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Obligitory Borderlands 2 Impression/Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2012 5:00:08 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
We all knew this was coming. So here it is. I know a few of us will be going out for a midnight release so please give us your thoughts for us poor saps who won't be able to play it until after work/school/etc. on Tuesday. Spoilers should probably be avoided. I guess. I mean it isn't exactly a plot heavy game but some of us may like to be surprised.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:09:38 PM PDT
M. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 5:30:07 PM PDT
Peter Faden says:
That was the AMC original program, only loosely based on the book which was only loosely based on the video game. Get it straight man!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 6:53:33 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
Wasn't the video game loosely based off the toy line, like Transformers was a cartoon based off a toy line?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 6:54:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2012 6:55:14 PM PDT
I never heard about that before. I don't think so.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 7:06:42 PM PDT
Peter Faden says:
Yeah, but the toy was based on a painting, as represented in a post card. Marcus Kincade is thought to have been the original inspiration for the Mona Lisa....it's all there in the DaVinci Code. I'm surprised more people dont know about this.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 7:08:56 PM PDT
WTF are you guys talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 7:12:45 PM PDT
Peter Faden says:
Right now? I was having a conversation about tacos after having eaten a pair of them. You?

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 9:30:24 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
Just a heads up™, it looks like Steam has finished preloading.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:13:53 PM PDT
Scratchy says:
Just picked it up and watched the opening scene it was frigging awesome. Can't wait to look for my golden guns.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 11:22:03 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I started off playing Salvador giving up valuable sleeping time to try it out. Gunzerking was pretty fun with my assault rifle in the primary hand and my explosive shotgun in the other. Seems a little counter-intuitive to me to have buttons mapped the way they are during it, the regular button fires the primary (right hand) button and the off-hand is controlled with the right mouse.

I'm not sure if all explosive rounds are different or just the shotguns, but the rounds were slow. Slow enough to be tracked by eyesight. I'm definitely a fan of the pistols that explode when you reload them. One caveat though, it seems like the damage is dependent upon the amount of rounds left in the clip and reloading prematurely uses up that entire clip. You can't "reload" a full gun, sadly and have to fire at least one round.

Needless to say, it's a blast. I can't wait for my 360 copy tomorrow (yes I have both 360 and PC) so I can co-op and try another character. Now I need to wake up for work in about 5 hours so that's all from me tonight.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 11:30:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:31:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 11:37:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:31:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 1:06:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 8:42:44 AM PDT
WizardPlus says:
-The opening scene is great.
-The visuals had a massive overhaul! Looks fantastic
-Using Gunzerker... Pretty fun duel wielding, but you gotta upgrade it.
-Character customization is dope!
-The preorder Golden Guns are worthless and crap stats
-There's a signup for the 'Shift' gearbox network, that will be used for ingame prizes in the future. It's under the 'Extras' tab in the main menu. It gave me additional golden keys... after i signed up and in addition to my premier pack, it said I had 5 golden keys.
-Played for 3 hrs and I'm at level 6... It's pretty addictive and feels fresh and like a brand new game.
-Totally worth the day 1 price tag.

EDIT:
-The game's cover is embossed w/ metallic ink and raised... On a heavy card stock paper. It looks slick as hell

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 1:30:19 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
wish they changed the looting part and made it more like Elder Scrolls style looting, where i can take what I want from the dead body and leave what I don't want. would be great if the items didn't disappear untill you left the area so i can come back for it when i'm not full anymore.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 3:21:05 AM PDT
I'm jealous of everyone that has played it already. :D

On a positive note, I get to play after work.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 5:27:19 AM PDT
I've only done the first few quests, but combat seems to flow good. Like stated earlier, autoloot is not an option(not toggable to off) so if you run over something that isn't a weapon you will pick it up. I'm hoping that his gets patched. My PC dumped me to a black screen in game but all I needed to do to fix that was add an exception to my firewall software for the game. So far, fun game. Will try to get some more time in this afternoon.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 5:29:01 AM PDT
1#Pen Name says:
I have to go to work.......BLAAAAAAW!!!!1

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 5:40:32 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
It is killing me to be stuck here at work. I show my copy is already out for delivery. Going to be a long, long day.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 6:07:38 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
Now I'm stuck here at work too only having gotten my Gunzerker to 5, but that's fine since I'm going to be trying another character on another system tonight. Someone will have to tell us where the NPC they made for Michael Mamaril is.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 6:14:26 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
I played for 15 minutes before work. Big mistake. Going to be the loooooongest daaaaaayyyy eveeeerrrrrr.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 6:14:51 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
even if its out for delivery, it still might get to your doorstep between 2-4.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 6:22:30 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Thats where Im at. i want to go home early today but I dont know if the game will be there. Shipments usually get here between 3 and 6. So excite!

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 6:33:49 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
Picked it up at midnight, had to get to bed though so I didn't play yet. This is going to be the longest work day ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 6:34:22 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
Yeah I know... weird that it showed out for delivery at 12:12 am though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 66 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Bayonetta 2 NA Official Release Date 1 1 minute ago
OT: This is the story, of a lovely thread, with 10,000 very lovely posts. All of them had words of fun, like the last one, the first one with downvotes! 8578 4 minutes ago
Super Smash Brothers Appreciation Thread 170 17 minutes ago
Diablo 2.1 patch tomorrow! 133 19 minutes ago
OT: Whats the Point of Storm Trooper Armor? 42 34 minutes ago
Nintendo just announced a New 3DS 83 36 minutes ago
VGF Theory: Flores, Cinema Fan, Dougie(and his alts) actually work for Microsoft. 1 40 minutes ago
Madden 15 Thread 61 1 hour ago
Xbox 360 2 1 hour ago
I Now Own a Playstation 4! 18 2 hours ago
i don't want to live anymore - dark souls advice thread 89 2 hours ago
Just picked up a mint Xbox 360 MW2 Console w/ 250GB HDD and 3 controllers for $10 25 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  1638
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions