Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hitman Absolution reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 6:20:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 6:22:14 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Reception for Hitman Absolution has been mainly mixed to positive, garnering an early meta-score of 83 and 81 on the PS3 and Xbox 360, respectively.

The Telegraph gave the game 2/5 saying "Despite the fact that Absolution is a hugely disappointing entry into the canon, Hitman is still a fabulous series"[30]

The Financialpost gave the game a 7.5/10[31]

Eurogamer.net gave the game a 7/10 saying "Agent 47 doesn't begin Hitman: Absolution with amnesia, but the six years that have passed since we last took control of him in Blood Money do seem to have dulled his creators' recollections of what made him so popular in the first place"[32]

IBTimes gave the game a 5/10 saying "An unremarkable, derivative clone of a game that's barely a shadow of what Hitman used to be".

Venturebeat gave the game a 7.5/10 saying "It's not very Hitman-ish".[33]

Videogamer gave the game a 5/10 saying "The problem with Absolution is that its new custodians from the Kane and Lynch team seem to have fundamentally misunderstood what made Hitman great."[34]

Game Informer gave the game a score of 8.75 out of 10 praising the gameplay, which they stated as being head and shoulders above games of a similar style.[35]

PlayStation Official Magazine awarded the game a 9 out of 10, stating that it captures a level of tension that stealth games haven't achieved in years while still feeling contemporary.[36]

Official Xbox Magazine UK also gave the game a 9.0 out of 10, offering praise for the gameplay options the game provides and dialogue.[37]

However,

PC Gamer only awarded 62%, (intially, this has however been fixed due to some technical issues. The correct score is a 66%)[38], criticizing the checkpoint system and deviation from the format of the previous Hitman games.

IGN gave it 9.0 out of 10;

Giant Bomb gave it a 4 out of 5 possible stars.

Forbes Magazine gave it an 8 out of 10, praising the gameplay but criticizing the "Attack of the Saints" mission as out of place, misogynistic, and juvenile.[39]

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:29:00 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Seems most of the people who didn't rate it as highly were huge fans of the series and didn't feel this game measured up. Those who loved the game treated it as a new game and rated it on its own merits rather than compare it to previous Hitman games.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:29:54 AM PST
R. TypO says:
They should lose Agent 47 and make Hitman: Dexter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:30:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 6:31:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
That's what I'm noticing too. I've only played Blood Money, and although I enjoyed it, I'm not a huge follower of the series. With that, I assume that this new game will become one of my favorite stealth games, espeically since some people are saying it's like Splinter Cell Conviction.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:31:49 AM PST
While Kotaku and Shacknews don't give scores they were both pretty positive about the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:38:07 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Kotaku posted something positive about a game?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:40:00 AM PST
Dexter isn't a hitman.

One thing I liked about the Hitman games, aside from the open ended levels, was the game tried to direct you into only killing your marks. While killing extras wasn't against the rules it was generally frowned upon.

I also hate they changed the voice actor.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Overwatch Master List 59 3 minutes ago
I have a theory about the Xbox One.5 37 5 minutes ago
OT: President Trump - Get used to it 44 10 minutes ago
Sean Murray Has Been Receiving Death Threats Over No Man's Sky Delay 2 10 minutes ago
OT: Do you conceal carry? 14 19 minutes ago
OT: Dish Network or DirecTV - Which do you prefer? 1 21 minutes ago
Splatoon launched one year ago today 1 49 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 05/27 - 05/29: Obama is the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima, city destroyed by atomic bomb, gets confused and accidentally visits Wii U R&D section of Nintendo HQ. Says about gaff, "Well, it looks like it was destroyed too." 122 55 minutes ago
Perfect depiction of VGF threads in a nutshell: 0 1 hour ago
Dark Souls III Community Help Thread - **Expect Spoilers** 2737 1 hour ago
Bing rewards - cant redeem points for Amazon gift Card 78 2 hours ago
Regarding Doom 64 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions