Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Bungies Destiny game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2013 8:35:15 AM PDT
GAR says:
http://www.youtube.com/user/destinygame

Looks like it could be a great game. Has anyone else checked this game out, if so what do they think?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:36:10 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
It's a first person shooter MMO. Looks great for people who are into that sort of thing, but I'll likely pass.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:37:36 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
The game looks phenomenal, but it's a wait-and-see for me. Not sure I'll be into the whole MMO thing.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:38:36 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
from the little i've read about it, it seems fun. it's on my radar.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:38:53 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I'm looking forward to playing this on the PS4.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:40:07 AM PDT
CyberPhobia says:
I have little interest and haven't checked it out much. What is suppose to be the difference between this and Halo multiplayer?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:40:07 AM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Day One. New IP, Next gen...great studio.

Lord knows i've given chances to much less interesting games.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:40:50 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
MMO part scares me

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:44:46 AM PDT
Kr155 says:
From what I gather destiny would be more of a coop experience. closer to borderlands than Halo. although they've implied there will be some PVP

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:45:52 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
Along with a persistent game world where you can randomly come across other players on the same server. So basically an MMO.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:46:58 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
The game sounds interesting so I am definitely going to look into it as more information is released but I'm still not sure it will be a game I will buy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:48:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 8:48:41 AM PDT
Kr155 says:
Oh I know. He just wanted to know specifically how it was different than Halo, and that was the easiest gamplay analogy I could draw on a console. It wont be billed a subscription like an MMO at least. That sells me on it

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:52:27 AM PDT
CyberPhobia says:
Sort of like a single player game with drop in and out couch co-op? Should be an interesting idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 8:56:41 AM PDT
neu Tron says:
I'm not sure if they've confirmed couch co op yet (although it would be cool), but there are going to be goals to be accomplished (like in a single player game) that are built with co-op in mind (think Borderlands), but it will all be taking place in a persistent world that many players populate (think Guild Wars II or any other MMO). There will also be PvP events (think CoD multiplayer) that will be integrated into the main game.

It's actually a pretty innovative mash up of genres, and like I said in my original post, it sounds really cool if you're into MMO-style games.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:44:27 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I absolutely loved the Marathon games back in the day, and I enjoyed Halo quite a bit. I imagine that I will like this a lot too. If I end up getting a PS4 this Fall, I'll definitely pick this up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions