Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 3:34:09 PM PST
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/14/crysis-3-fields-mission-playthrough

Yay!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:04:58 PM PST
Fun game.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:11:29 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I think this game is gonna be close to perfect. Look how far out it is from release and already looks polished. Much different than Cry2 it's first release on the big boy plats and were stressing out cuz they had to figure evertyhing out at once. One thing that bums me out is the narrators voice that's gotta be the same guy that does Capt. Price right for COD ? It really bothers me, sounds like a bad pirate accent than it does anything else.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:18:22 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Tremendous graphics, super boring gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:21:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:21:57 PM PST
Crysis had boring game play? I disagree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:25:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:25:56 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
It feels like a pretty hollow game at this point. Once a franchise with huge potential, it's pretty basic. They've streamlined it, making it more linear than the first Crysis, allowing less opportunity for sandbox gameplay, in addition to the story being 100% terrible. The first game showed potential for a new IP, however I think they've totally squandered all of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:29:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:39:58 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Yeah the story was hard to follow, and not that exciting story wise, but I love the nanosuit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:35:36 PM PST
Well, Crysis 3 will attempt to meld the first game with the second, so I'm still read to see how they do it. I'll probably end up loving it either way.

Besides, corridor shooters are fun!

I also disagree with Crysis being non-linear. There's absolutely nothing to do other than follow the missions at hand.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:39:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:40:27 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
While there's a set mission, the "playgrounds" or "battlefields" they gave you in Crysis 1 allowed for much more creativity and variety in the ways you approached an encounter. Crysis 2 still had some larger areas compared to a straight up corridor crawl FPS, but they toned down on that stuff significantly in the sequel, and this playthrough looks to be very much similar to the sequel in level design.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:41:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:41:41 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Yeah but Cry 1 lacked the use of your suit vertically.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:43:26 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I didn't the vertical stuff in Crysis 2 was that great. I thought games like Crackdown and Mirror's Edge did the whole vertical thing a lot better and made you get a sense of vertigo.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:21:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:21:28 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Game looks awesome.

That first area in the demo sure looked pretty big and open to me, they obviously cut from area to area in the demo,

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:59:46 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"For a series that lets you throw people by their necks and knock steel doors off their hinges with your bare hands, there's something oddly vulnerable about Crysis 3. Sure, in many ways this is the same sci-fi first-person shooter you've seen in previous installments--right on down to the part where you pick up enemies by their necks and throw them from cliffs, buildings, or buildings sitting atop tall cliffs. But there's this other side of Crysis 3 that hasn't been explored in previous games, a side where all that machismo recedes for a moment or two and you get to look at the game's setting and central characters in an altogether different light.

Remember Psycho? He of the cockney accent and with a penchant for British vulgarities? Psycho was one of the nanosuited supersoldiers from the original Crysis, and he went on to star in the series' lone expansion, Crysis Warhead. Psycho returns as a player companion in Crysis 3, but he's a different man now.

No longer equipped with a nanosuit, Psycho now belongs to a sort of underground resistance network fighting the CELL private security forces responsible for erecting a massive dome around New York City after the events of the last game. Decked out in plainclothes and looking a little pudgy, Psycho comes off a bit timid and shell-shocked after what has happened in the past. He feels like a veteran battling post-traumatic stress disorder, only he never got to come home from his war. He's still fighting it.

In one memorable scene, Psycho and Prophet (Crysis 3's main character) approach a gate leading up to an elevated subway line. Psycho attempts to knock down the door, but just winds up hurting himself and falling to the ground. It's then up to you, the player, to finish the job as Psycho looks on in what can only be described as abject embarrassment.

That sense of vulnerability is reflected in the environment, as well. New York has long been portrayed as the type of city that is able to overcome any tragedy or disaster that comes its way, a place where people are simply too proud and stubborn to see their home devolve into anything less than one of the greatest cities in the world.

In Crysis 3, though, there's a certain loss of identity that's hard to ignore in those moments you're allowed to take a look around you outside of combat. After aliens invaded New York in Crysis 2 and effectively demolished the city, Manhattan is now covered in a giant dome designed to quarantine the lingering threat. The result is a city that has returned to nature, with dense foliage and greenery overtaking the buildings and concrete.

You see a bit of New York in those glimpses at its iconic skyline, but often you're so surrounded by jungle that it's hard to tell you're in the city at all. Are you on 7th or 5th Avenue? Is this Central Park or some new jungle? So much of the city's defining characteristics have been smoothed over by destruction and overgrowth that it becomes that much harder to pinpoint where you are. It feels like a different New York, one that wasn't--for once in history--able to rebuild itself.

Will Crysis 3 take all of this and turn it into a first-person shooter that's a little less aggressive and a little more contemplative? Who knows. It might very well become the same sort of alien invasion story we've seen twice before. But for a few moments here and there, Crysis 3 does let you look at its characters and settings in a somewhat different light. For a series three games and one expansion deep, that change of pace--however fleeting--is nice to see."

http://www.gamespot.com/crysis-3/previews/the-vulnerable-side-of-crysis-3-6400020/

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:03:59 PM PST
Never got into crises but this 3rd game looks to good to ignore....is it one of those where i should play the first one first or what? Does this game have a story? Im into games like Hitman, gears of war, mass effect and rainbow six and such. Would i like it? Also i hate call of duty so if its like that....idk

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:08:16 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You should be able to catch up with the story on wikipedia easily.

What do you hate about Call of Duty? Crysis is a first person shooter, like CoD, all of those other games you mentioned were third person.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:18:17 PM PST
Aaaah....ok...see that's probably the thing...first person shooter is not my friend. I hate Halo too and that's first person. Something about the view of not seeing everything at once bothers me. Like i love all metal gears too so yeah i love shooters but not when its first person. Call of duty 3 wasnt to bad but it wasnt to die for. I never finished. Its a fun game but if something else came out at the same time that i liked id forget all about call of duty. i also kinda hate the idea of being a regular everyday soldier, i have to be someone important like commander Shepard or Snake. I just like stories, does Crises have one?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:22:34 PM PST
And i realized that first person makes me Dizzy and sick. I think i almost had a seizure while playing oblivion too long in first person. Same for star wars outcast.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:28:30 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Then I'd probably avoid Crysis 3, there is no third person mode.

Sorry dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:30:13 PM PST
Could try taking some Dramamine before playing those games. I have the same issue at times with first person shooters.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:06:54 PM PST
Yeah its crazy! Sadly! Gosh Crises during E3 looked so good though....

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:08:24 PM PST
Matt i remember taking meds before playing video games and it does work, but seriously....who wants to take meds right before they play a game!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:10:05 PM PST
Have you seen a doctor about it? Maybe you could get something for it. It sucks to miss out on some good games because of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:11:58 PM PST
Yeah, having to take them every time could get annoying and expensive.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:52:48 PM PST
Lol naw im good...as long as I have RPGs and star wars im good....i don't play as much as I used to anyways.... But it would be nice to try something new....i may watch someone play or something or utube a.great video of it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:01:31 AM PST
waxc3 says:
well the alien ship parts of crysis1 wasnt fun at all for me. everything before and after was very very good though.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
ot: the fifa 2014 world cup 972 5 minutes ago
Would you date a girl... 13 19 minutes ago
Game Trailers: Top Ten Swords 16 28 minutes ago
Grand Strategy fans... 1 30 minutes ago
NeoGaf: Once Hyped Games That Are Now Completely Forgotten 1 58 minutes ago
Console Wars book is out today 34 2 hours ago
OT: Her bewbs may not be much to write home about, but she gives one great Amazon Monkeybar 9393 2 hours ago
Destiny Beta: Go Confirm Your Platform/Region! 96 2 hours ago
OT: What happens when you dip your hand into liquid nitrogen? 1 2 hours ago
FACT: Xbox One has a better Fall/Holiday lineup compared to the ps4! 106 3 hours ago
What gaming generation has been the most exciting for you? 9 4 hours ago
OT: Has anyone else watched the BBC show "Luther?" 19 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions