Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

pc gamers=fail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 399 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2009 9:07:03 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2009 9:19:14 PM PST
I say more power to them. Activision and Infinity Ward deserves every dollar they lose over this after how they stuck it to PC gamers on this one.

Hell when I get home I might go download a copy just for the sake of taking away from their profits.

Personally I think Call of Duty shouldn't be on consoles, considering ya know it got it's start on the PC and all.

Oh let's not forget that the idea of Modern Warfare came from a mod made by the community... Not Infinity Ward....

Also Call of Duty isn't an overly original idea considering the main members of Infinity Ward were the same guys that created Medal of Honor...

Perhaps next time research is in order before opening your mouth? I respect most people's opinions but in this case your's is simply wrong.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 9:20:56 PM PST
this game was pirated on the Xbox way before release date. MW2 still made billions in profits. The little they lost in pirating is pocket change for them. I bet they are going to charge 14.99 for the map packs for MW2 just because they can and people will pay.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 9:28:56 PM PST
so your saying that illegally downloading a game is alright, and that i should shut my mouth for saying its wrong?????

wow idk what to say lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2009 9:36:36 PM PST
Yes I am saying it is alright. When you attempt to stick it to the gamer like Activision and Infinity Ward did then they are getting what they deserve.

Open your eyes and actually look at how this company does business and how badly the PC gamers got screwed and how in turn you too will eventually be screwed. Smurf is right and you can expect to pay out the ass for map packs for this game.

Did ya know they are looking at making Modern Warfare 2 a Pay to Play game like World of Warcarft? Activision will stick it to you any way they can and you will just sit there bent over taking it and loving every moment of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2009 9:40:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2009 9:41:11 PM PST
Chef MFP says:
You should shut your mouth for the ignorant and broad generalization that all PC gamers fail because some pirate games.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 9:41:28 PM PST
idk the game is just ok i would never pay to play it.

idk maby pc gamers got shafted because they knew they would illegally download it so they tried to make the console version a better choice???

idk it dosnt matter to me i just thought it was interesting. im sure they dont mind they have made soo much money already

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2009 9:48:25 PM PST
Pirating happens on every freaking platform out there, again do your research before attempting to open your mouth as if you have a valid point to make.

Perhaps pirating wouldn't be so bad if Infinity Ward didn't openly laugh at PC gamers being upset and gimp their online system and remove custom content.

Again though someone might know this if they actually looked into the subject. The console version and the PC version are exactly the same, which is the issue here. PC games are better because they have custom content, dedicated servers, and higher player limit in online matches. Not to mention that they charged $60 for the PC version when ALL other companies out there charge $50....

Infinity Ward is getting exactly what they deserve and it is a shame they aren't losing more on this.

Remember Google is your friend kids.

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 10:42:49 PM PST
maninblue says:
I never pirate games. I own the game for PS3 and actually prefer shooters on the PC. I might actually purchase it for the PC as well because I am better on the mouse/keyboard than the joystick. Ill keep the PS3 version because of the split-screen.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 1:01:17 AM PST
sorry guys but keji is right.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 3:36:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009 3:37:25 AM PST
DWC says:
It's really sad that our society is now in a place where people think its ok to steal. When you pirate software or movies or music you are stealing. The excuse that you are "getting back" at Activision is just self justification BS. If you don't like how a company does business don't do business with them.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 3:56:31 AM PST
they screwed pc gamers who bought a legit copy by sabotaging the game's multiplayer.

it's so laggy...

I like how idiots pop off about things they know nothing about.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 5:24:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009 5:28:18 AM PST
Lan says:
I'm not buying or pirating MW2 because IW console-fied it. Meaning they took out hardcore game play and made it casual. Yes console gamers you are casual gamers not hardcore. I know, I own a gaming PC, PS3, 360 and Wii. I know what hardcore/great game play is and its on the PC.

As to the original comment. I think they should stop releasing historically PC games like COD, Half Life, Left4Dead, Bioshock, Gears of War and all the other FPS, Strat, RTS on the consoles and make them exclusive to the PC again. IMHO, the innovation of new game play has stalled since almost all old school developers have went multi-platform. Thank goodness there are new indie devs on the PC bandwagon.

The only innovative I see these days are devs/corporations trying to figure out how to nickel and dime gamers instead of making new worlds to explore or next gen game play. DLC being at the top of the list. I knew it was a scam once I saw the devs/pubs announcing DLC for games that haven't even been released yet. If they want extra money from a title sell an expansion pack or make a sequel. How many of you know about Microsoft forcing EPIC (Gears of War) and Valve (Half Life, Left4Dead) to charge for extra DLC they wanted to give to you for free? yay Microsoft (sarcasm)

Anyway, don't be so quick to "deny" a PC version. First of all the game (especially FPS) is most cases going to be more enjoyable on a PC and secondly if it weren't for the PC you wouldn't be enjoying the top games you play on the console. Almost every top titled FPS game on the console are from developers who used to be exclusive PC devs. If you have time to post a complaint here you have time to head over to IW/Activision website and send a complaint to them about how terrible the PC version is due to the removal of dedicated servers.

thank you

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 5:24:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009 5:26:59 AM PST
"The excuse that you are "getting back" at Activision is just self justification BS. If you don't like how a company does business don't do business with them."

I agree with this.

"Perhaps pirating wouldn't be so bad if Infinity Ward didn't openly laugh at PC gamers being upset and gimp their online system and remove custom content."

I definitely agree with this.

You have to think of it in a few ways....First off, some of those "millions" of $$ lost are from 3rd world countries where a hard copy isn't possible, do you really think that someone who's barely able to pay for their internet connection is going to spend $60 plus import taxes and shipping costs on a new game? No, they will download it because they can and since it's free...

Simply put, every download doesn't = 1 lost sale....It's more like 1 download = "a person who owns a PC, knows where to go, and likes free things."

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 5:42:05 AM PST
Him says:
It's impossible for Activision or Infinity Ward to screw you if you don't buy their product in the first place. Just sayin'.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 5:49:42 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Anyone ever think that IW/Activision does not see the PC version as a profitable business anymore? Therefore gave it the console port treatment and chose no dedicated servers to $$upport?

I mean they must have seen the effects of piracy between MW and W@W and seen this coming. I mean whats in it for them to dump more resources into the PC version? To keep the people that buy new video cards every 6 months but not a dime in software happy?

Sorry guys, but this shift towards consoles and the declining PC market started several years ago, and piracy is the main reason. There will always be piracy, even on consoles, though now the developers can focus their resources in MAKING and shipping games, letting a 3rd party(the console/hardware makers) handle piracy through their avenues. Afterall people buy the hardware to use the software, its in the hardware manufacturers best interest the developers are on their side and stay in business. Its a big effin' romance between the devs and console makers, but if we were in that business it would make perfect sense to us as well.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 5:53:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009 6:08:16 AM PST
"..It's impossible for Activision or Infinity Ward to screw you if you don't buy their product in the first place..."

It's possible for a company to lead you on then let you down...If the first game was made a certain way then the second was completely gimped prior to release how is that not screwing the consumer again?

Neither side is right...Piracy is illegal and should be treated as so, advocating committing a crime because a company doesn't suffice to your "needs" is never the right way to handle a situation. Activision is a money hungry machine that will produce a sequal along with map packs annually, they will use the COD name until it is completely dried up and worthless, they definitely left certain things out of the PC version as an attempt to prevent piracy and control the PC gaming flow but in doing so they stole the very essence of PC gaming....No dedicated servers, no mods, seriously IW?

Either way Activision/IW has a right to protect their investment and control the game as they see fit, if you don't want to support them don't buy or download the game, it's not like there's only one FPS out on PC....

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:04:48 AM PST
Wow... this is one nice little argument isn't it. But seriously. PC Gamers in general don't fail just because one or two games fail. And, as said somewhere in these replies, games that are released on PC are generally better because of the huge diversity of hardware. ALSO, no one has managed to perfect any kind of Console RTS, i mean seriously, you cant create a RTS with much depth on a controller. You need a keyboard and a mouse. And I'm a BIG RTS fan, and FPS's are honestly almost always done better on the PC, and pointer is a lot faster and more efficient then a joystick. ALSO, with the PC, there is always room for improvement as new hardware to enhance your computer with is constantly coming out. And, forgive me for my repetitiveness, but PC Games can also be MODDED A LOT EASIER, and modding is a lot more user accessible on the PC. I mean, you may not be a big fan of modding, but consoles are still not accessible enough where you can have a reliable modding fan-base.

And seriously, Pirating? The company itself does not care WHO THE HECK PIRATES STUFF!!! They get millions upon millions of dollars every day, the companies end up losing what... 2,000,000 out of the billions of dollars in cash they earn. THERE ARE 6 FREAKING BILLION PEOPLE ON EARTH DUDE, a couple million people pirating the game doesn't quite bother them. And with how the economy is now. You can't expect the urban lower middle class to afford stuff they want anymore. ALSO, while pirating does lose companies a little money, think how much pirating saves non profit companies like SSI where the money that they are given to support themselves are spent on guilty pleasures instead of things they need. If they can get it online free, then to hell with the company losing 2,000,000 bucks out of the billions they earn.

And im quoting on this, but this does seem pretty accurate "Simply put, every download doesn't = 1 lost sale....It's more like 1 download = a person who owns a PC, knows where to go, and likes free things."

Not insulting the general intelligence of american citizens here, but not very many people actually have the smarts to do stuff like that. ALSO, when you factor in that online play is becoming the basis for everything these days, most people would rather spend the money so they can enjoy the multiplayer experience. And face it, EVEN LESS PEOPLE HAVE THE PATIENCE TO DOWNLOAD PIRATED GAMES. Anyone that does pirated games KNOWS that torrents are by nature slow, but the most efficient way of getting pirated games. But not very many people have the patience to do that. Cause it does take a while. And once you factor in the numbers of people who actually pirate games, you find that the amount is actually very small compared to the amount that buy. So, seriously, are you seeing the point now? Such penniless arguments are useless and you should at least check the numbers b4 you have a riot about how something is effecting something else SO MUCH!

Which leaves me to say only one thing, make sure what your saying is accurate b4 you say it, or you might just end up making yourself look stupid.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:06:05 AM PST
I don't know if I'd blame Infinity Ward, necessarily. This sound like it was all an Activision 'bottom-line' decision to me. Although I think the number is wildly inflated, $245 million is not chump change for anyone. Especially in an industry where the mean profit margin is between 4% and 6%.

I'm with Him. It's not screwing the gamer unless the gamer buys in. Think of this as Activision officially bowing out of PC FPS. You know for a fact that someone is coming in to fill the void they left. It's only a matter of time before an FPS comes from some other company that isn't available on the consoles. Until it is. And then something else will come, and again and again.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:06:23 AM PST
Chris... says:
What's laughable to me is the people in this thread that are defending/justifying piracy. Piracy is a thorn in the side to the PC gaming market and is the reason why companies like Activision have deemed extra content filled PC versions as non-profitable.

Your fight should be with those that choose to pirate games, in turn destroying your market. But yet you choose to defend them and call their acts justifiable and instead gripe about a company that is in business to (wait for it) make money.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 6:07:15 AM PST
D. Ertle says:
Wow so ALL PC Gamers are pirates? I thought we settled this back when Spore came out. As others have said man do a little research and don't generalize it makes you look like a complete idiot.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:10:38 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 5, 2010 11:33:16 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:16:54 AM PST
K Archer says:
This thread touches a nerve. I am a PC gamer who recently got a PS3. I still love my PC more then any console. I still think that most games are better on the PC. No, I do not pirate games and I think its wrong, but, I still think we got screwed on this one. As I said, I think piracy is wrong, but I also think that there is almost no real way to stop it. Can we truely stop all the hackers and nuts that spam and infect our electronics? We can try, but as far as I know, they always find a way around the walls that are put up.

And OP, I think you deserve a FAIL for your ignorence and stupidity

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 6:21:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2009 6:23:31 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
This one is twice as popular for pirates than Spore was, they are claiming 4.1 million torrent downloads. Thats significant. Thats more or less than what it has sold on the 360 alone.

Sims 3: 3.2 million
Prototype: 2.35 million (released June 2009)
Need For Speed Shift: 2.1 million (released September 2009)
Street Fighter IV: 1.85 million downloads

Why are they releasing on PC again?

Listen, i get it. Not all PC users are pirates. However, consequently PC users will be the victims of an obviously broken content delivery system. Get ready for a future of 'Steam exclusive' or the like titles along with watered down console experiences on your PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 6:32:49 AM PST
Chris... says:
You're right, Archer. There is no real way to fight piracy, and it's sad that all PC gamers have to suffer because of it. Punishing the "whole" for the acts of the "few" has never been an idea that I have agreed with. But in this case, it just is what it is. What other options do they have?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Phantom Pain - $25 on Amazon, $35 on Playstation Store 0 2 minutes ago
OT: Worst Rapper Ever-Lafear 8 9 minutes ago
Beware, the "netcode" in Battlefront is terrible 53 35 minutes ago
Is Owning An PS4 More Like Being in Pre-K, Prison or a nasty and disgusting homeless shelter? 8 1 hour ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2015 Version! 1008 1 hour ago
Amazon Black Friday Deals/Lightning Deals Thread 93 1 hour ago
Packers Had Players-Only Meeting Over Excessive Video Game Playing 0 2 hours ago
Target's Top 3 items Sold online during Thanksgiving were, Ipad, Apple Watch and Wii U 22 2 hours ago
Is Owning An Xbox One More Like Being in Daycare or Prison 107 2 hours ago
Smoking a turkey 62 2 hours ago
OT: Three killed, nine injured in attack on Colorado abortion clinic 13 2 hours ago
Halo 5 MP is pretty.... 1 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  399
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions