Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Assassin's Creed: Liberation impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2012 1:08:04 AM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Haven't picked this up yet but I don't think I have seen a thread about this game yet. For those who have it, what are thoughts about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:06:24 AM PST
The impression of this game is the same as vita sales...non existent...buh duh tssss

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:03:36 AM PST
LiL Bill says:
yea there, valium..I sounded out what you wrote at the end of your post..

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:34:54 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
The last few weeks have been good for the Vita. There's some games now. If it still doesn't sell, they have to look at a price cut.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:07:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:19:35 AM PST
prsmooth says:
I have this game and its absolutely fantastic. If you love Assassin Creed games, you'll love this game. This is what bloodlines should have been.

The graphics are one of the best out of the vita library. The gameplay/ controls feel similar as its console counterpart. You will feel right at home if you played the console games.

The map is fairly large with several collectibles and side missions accustomed from the console assassin creed games.

The world seems alive as streets are populated with people instead of a ghost town that was present in bloodlines.

The patch corrected audio and framerate problems at the beginning. I have not experienced slowdown when there are several npcs on the screen.

The one downside is it from a story point of view not much is said about Aveline and they just start you off without giving much backgound. Maybe they fill-in more later (i have played several hours in the game).

As expected from an Assassin Creed game, you could free roam and climb about anywhere.

If you want a portable Assassin Creed on the go that you want to experience when not playing the console version, this is the game to get.

Take a look at user reviews here at Amazon which speak highly of the game also.

One last thing to note, if you have AC3 for the ps3 and connect to your ps vita, you will unlock a mission to play as Connor plus some equipment upgrade and access to the tomahawk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:36:39 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Great summary PRS. I'm definitely going to pick this game up eventually. Thanks again for the informative post.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:01:52 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Is there a way to track how many hours you put into the game?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:07:15 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am enjoying the game. Only an hour in but really solid so far. This and Uncharted and GR are reasons I got a Vita, now to get more games like them.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:36:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 2:38:31 PM PST
I've been trying to get to the part of the game where all the tutorials are over and I can do the "free-play" stuff without having to unlock gameplay features by doing story missions. I've played for 3 hours and still getting tutorials and unlocking gameplay features.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:48:59 PM PST
Chocolette says:
I got to Sequence 2, and they're still teaching me how to do things. Well, I'm glad for that because this is my first Assassin's Creed. I just want to know how long it took to get to Sequence 2...

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:24:43 PM PST
AJF says:
IF there is any game that is going to save the vita it is going to be this one, however, why would you by this when you can buy AC3 and get the better game?

Thats pretty much the game's only problem, it really makes me yearn for lost legacy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:51:12 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Is ACIII portable?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 5:37:46 PM PST
Aku says:
Alrighty, I'll be the more negative cat around here.

While the graphics are pretty good for a handheld, sandbox game with multiple sandboxes, the animation is still lacking, glitchy and occasionally overused. Example of the last bit: in the bayou you meet up with these people infected with a delirium-causing fever, and while the random old woman may act kinda weird from a distance, she will immediately resume a standard brawler stance if you get close. Aside from that, there's the occasional confusingly untouchable building that looks like you can climb it but can't, a creepy doll's-eye look from most characters, guards that can see through walls and that one glitch where my assassin got fused with a pig. That cat above me says a patch fixed the framerate issues but I've yet to be notified of an update.

The gameplay is a bit glitchy. There's a treasure chest icon that won't disappear. The back touch pad sometimes kicks into gear and a bunch of blue dots from contact with my hands appear randomly. Guards get stuck on benches. Combat with multiple people might mean injury is unavoidable due to the long animation sequence and guards that attack during it.

Oh but the one thing that REALLY pissed me off: letters. Okay, so there was a time-waster in Uncharted: Golden Abyss where you had to hold up a piece of paper to the light in order to reveal...something, that game was so forgettable. Ubisoft apparently saw this and thought "Dude, let's do that too!" But instead of just once, it happens all the damn time, in both optional and mandatory missions. My problem with these segments? The camera doesn't pick up the bright light. Lamp? No. Lamp with 100w bulb? No. Handheld spotlight? Nope. FREAKING SUNLIGHT? Negative. The only times it seems to work is when I'm carrying the Vita by my side looking for a source of light greater than the fusion-powered ball in the sky or just twisting the system in frustration, and I've begun to suspect that random movement is more important. Perhaps Ubisoft anticipated these rage-seizures the minigame would induce and made sure gyro controls were enabled, just to make sure the player bothered to search for a flare.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:08:32 PM PST
While it lacks a lot of polish, this game's still fantastic. To be fair, I've only played 2 hours, as I've been juggling this and Ragnarok Odyssey, but it's quite enjoyable so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:13:19 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Agree, it is really fun. For a portable game it is quite amazing. I have yet to run into glitches but I am sure I will. The downside was I got it off PSN as it was five bucks off and I had some PSN money, and I had to switch memory cards around. One 4g holds pretty much one Vita game.....I need to get over the memory card nonsense but it is annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:24:21 PM PST
I also have a 4GB. I'm just unwilling to pay so much for these cards. Granted, I wouldn't buy retail style games on PSN, as I'm a person who likes to own a physical copy, in addition to getting them for $29.99 from Newegg, but I would like to get all of the PSN exclusive XSEED games. I imported a copy of New Little King's Story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:28:51 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I got a Vita off Ebay: Four games, two 4g and an 8g and a case and protective cover for 250. I just cannot comprehend the price of a 32g memory card: It is almost price gouging (I cannot think of the proper term). But the small ones are pretty useless....How is King's Story?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:47:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 7:47:40 PM PST
prsmooth says:
Yes. Go to options and then stats. It will tell you how long you have played.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:03:45 PM PST
prsmooth says:
That's a helluva deal you got for $250.

Its a great system, IMO. No matter what people say, there are some good games for the system and more promising games coming soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 10:03:18 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Oh! I should have thought of that.

...But it tells me I've been playing for 16 minutes but I'm already at sequence 2... That can't be right...

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 5:47:09 AM PST
M. Flemming says:
Game's been fun so far! I've been on a roll with Assassin's Creed games recently. I did notice some freezes and getting stuck at times, but reloading the last checkpoint has solved the problem.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:10:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 6:10:18 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I really like it so far. I did the first few sequences and once I opened up the HQ with the little shipping operation thing I just kept doing that over and over and over to build up some cash.

The missions that make you dress in the Lady persona can be kind of a drag, but it makes it that much more fun when you get back to running along rooftops. I loved tree running in the bayou. I haven't tried the MP yet.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:18:57 AM PST
Alien Fodder says:
I have to admit 'm a little jealous of you guys who've already had the chance to start playing. I'm waiting to receive my Vita AC Lib bundle from Amazon and then I'll be able to join in on the fun! :)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:20:45 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I should get mine today as long as the wind doesn't knock the slip off my door.

Think I'm going to start with Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward since I just finished AC3.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:08:42 AM PST
prsmooth says:
This game is what AC: Bloodlines should have been.

I almost done with the game, on sequence 7, and I still enjoy it pretty much(been taking my time).

For those that got AC3 on the PS3, don't forget to hook up your vita with the PS3 to unlock some Ass Liberation bonus content.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions