Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Most Outragous Praise You've heard about a game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 147 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:49:16 AM PST
Nicos says:
I know! You are the only other person I have seen that thinks so :/

Never played 2.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:16:42 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
Its one of those people who think anything that doesnt come out for xbox sucks, and all nintendo games are made for babies. both super mario galaxies were two of my favorite games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:16:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 12:25:39 AM PST
I recall more or those surprising lack of detail moments while playing Crysis 2, especially with the prevalence of texture pop-in. Along with being more detailed, I thought Uncharted 3 had MUCH more diversity in its visuals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:14:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 12:17:17 AM PST
This person obviously hasn't played Super Mario Galaxy, or a good number of PS3 and 3DS exclusives. =P

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:13:17 AM PST
jnjmcc says:
the vita is better then the 3ds.
Uncharted 2 is a over hyped game
New mario games really suck
xbox 360 is better for exclusives
Resident evil 5 is 10x better then 4

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:11:31 AM PST
aka TRAP says:
I thought Uncharted 3 looked horrible compared to Crysis 2, especially comparing the lack of detail on a tall building in Yemen during the campaign.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:07:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 12:09:55 AM PST
Crysis 2's character models were ugly as sin, and while environments looked spectacular from a distance, up close they weren't that impressive (sort of like Skyrim, but to a much lesser extent). Uncharted 3 looks better than Crysis 2 in almost every way (except for maybe underwater effects). Practically everything in the game was rich with detail.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:00:32 AM PST
aka TRAP says:
You must be playing Crysis 2 in 480p, because it looks ages better than Uncharted 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:06:10 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
State of Emergency is a awesome game!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:12:47 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
"Skyrim is the Quintessential RPG of this generation, it is pure and sublime greatness all around".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:43:11 PM PST
Yeah, but then it had the worst elements of those games, like nonsense solutions to puzzles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:40:24 PM PST
I'm pretty sure you're beating up a straw man. Not the first time either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:33:27 PM PST
DVvM says:
I appreciate that it was an attempt to create a game that was a modern version of the classic adventure games from LucasArts, say.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:32:09 PM PST
The tech and the voice acting were really the only good things about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:10:46 PM PST
DVvM says:
LA Noire probably wasn't as terrible as you relate your experience with it to be, but it is a game that was praised for the things it did right (and to be fair the technology was pretty interesting) causing critics to more or less ignore all of the (many) things it did wrong.

Some of this maybe Rockstar's standard borderline-unethical push for review scores.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:09:03 PM PST
I think it was in 2009 that they gave Eve Online the award. In 2010, LotRO got the award. Both had been out for a while before this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:58:32 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
Ah cool. Didn't know that but I don't really read PC Gamer.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:56:17 PM PST
LA Noire being praised so much was pretty baffling to me. The game had a bad story, plot holes on the same level as some of the ones in Heavy Rain, a horrible main character, and nonsensical dialogue puzzles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:54:25 PM PST
Really? Wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:51:02 PM PST
PC Gamer has given "MMO of the Year" awards to several established MMOs (as in not new that year) over the years.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:49:40 PM PST
Good way of putting it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 3:44:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:15:04 PM PST
It was honestly just a freaking joke.

Johnny Cage, who we all know is a troll created a whole thread about this and right after it, Private Quentin Tarantino Fan created this thread. I just so happen to be first and decided to poke fun at Johnny Cage.

I honestly don't care what people say about this game or that game. I get that there are fanboys and everybody has a different opinion, which I think is great, people debate, they argue, maybe things change and maybe they don't. When it all comes down to it, there is a good chance that my opinion will stay the same and everybody else's will stay the same, and I'm fine with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:39:55 PM PST
Does that mean he was only five sided?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:16:21 PM PST
DVvM says:
No, they just changed it without his permission or knowledge.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:15:50 PM PST
G-Love says:
I personally can never understand why FFVII is considered one of the best videogames of all time. Is it good? Absolutely! But, in my opinion, it isn't even close to one of the best games I've ever played.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions