Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

System Shock 2 in 33 minutes...on Impossible!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2013 11:26:52 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2MEtlvj64

Wow. Talk about amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 4:39:15 AM PST
Geomancer says:
I loved those two games. SHODAN is one of the best villians, it's very unfortunate that they decided to do Bioshock instead of stick with the System Shock franchise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 4:41:03 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm pretty sure that everyone who played Bioshock got over it because Bioshock is awesome.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:49:09 AM PST
Geomancer says:
Not me, I've played Bioshock, have both 1 and 2. Bioshock was more about FPS. Far, far more fighting and shooting than System Shock. System Shock was all about puzzle solving, and I loved it for it.

I'm not saying Bioshock was a bad game, I'm just saying in my opinion System Shock was a better franchise.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 6:29:55 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
System Shock I and II are imbedded in my brain as some of my favorite gaming experiences. Bioshock was awesome also but it never impacted me as much as System Shock games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 3:30:06 PM PST
System Shock 1 deserves a lavish remake. Seriously.

System Shock 2, honestly, still looks pretty awesome today, at least when you are talking about aesthetic.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:45:40 PM PST
I'm Uzi says:
I can't rush in these games. I take it slow, breath in the atmosphere, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 3:47:20 PM PST
That's what I was thinking. Yeah, it's cool one can breeze through the game in a scant time, but that's not the way to experience SS2. I mean, I spent almost two hours on the Recreation Deck in one sitting. I loved every nano-second of it.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:47:43 PM PST
Joel H. says:
I also breath when i game.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:43:41 PM PST
Biohazard says:
This game looks cool. I'm not familiar with the game but watched most of this video earlier, what's with the dying but not dying stuff?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 4:49:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 4:58:58 PM PST
Well, in System Shock 2, there are these things called Quantum Bio-Reconstruction Machines, which you active them so you can respawn at an additional cost. Think of it as a checkpoint you have to pay for, albeit one that takes away some of your resources.

It's better than those damn Vita Chambers, though. Never used those things.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 5:10:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 5:11:22 PM PST
Biohazard says:
Ah, okay. Didn't seem like the guy was actually dying, and I wouldn't imagine he would since he seems like really knows what he's doing (extreme understatement).

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 6:16:06 PM PST
"System Shock was all about puzzle solving, and I loved it for it."

System Shock 1 was, sure, but System Shock 2 was undoubtably a FPS with some RPG elements. There were very few puzzles beyond finding codes to open doors and such. That being said, it's probably my second favorite game of all time and I do think it deserves a sequel. Can't see why you wouldn't like Bioshock though. Oh well, to each their own.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:49:31 AM PST
Geomancer says:
I didn't say I didn't like Bioshock.

I just like System Shock better, and would rather have seen System Shock 3 than Bioshock 1.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions