Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: top 5 movies you love, that went unoticed or unrecognized by popular opinion/social media...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 250 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:31:33 AM PST
"The Raid: Redemption - Holy crap. Best action evarrrr"

HOLY HELL YES

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:31:51 AM PST
Because it's a huge cult favorite. It is very noticed and recognized and even has a very nice criterion release.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:32:29 AM PST
Another good one for Terry Gilliam fans is The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:33:38 AM PST
new Tron says:
Yep I've got that three disc original DVD release with the nice slipcase. That's a movie that I'd like to upgrade to Blu Ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:34:09 AM PST
I used to work in a movie theater and we could take the posters when they were done with them or not used. I grabbed the poster for The Salton Sea since it looked awesome and throught "I need to actually see this movie if I'm to put up the poster." Glad I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:34:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 7:34:54 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I don't know, man. I think Equilibrium has a pretty strong following. I loved Thank You For Smoking, though. Great movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:35:35 AM PST
FOGE says:
Its sort of becoming a cult classic, I suppose. It certainly wasnt for a couple years though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:35:49 AM PST
Equilibrium is that movie all my friends loved that I just couldn't enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:36:08 AM PST
The Raid: Redemption is fantastic. Trope De Elite is worth a look as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:37:26 AM PST
I love the scene where they go to buy some ice from the guy with the spear-gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:37:35 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I am right there with you man. It didn't help that everyone was billing it to me as "The Matrix Killer."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:37:50 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Yeah I wanted to put Equilibrium with The Warriors and even Donnie Darko but all these seem to have some cult following at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:38:57 AM PST
I've caught Salton Sea on IFC alot. def a good flick

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:40:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
The Matrix Killer was called The Matrix Reloaded. That killed the franchise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:40:44 AM PST
G,B,&W is awesome! Good nomination....I own that movie but I've prob only watched it twice. I'm going back to it tonight!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:43:48 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Considering I really liked three of teh five on your list it appears I need to watch In Bruges and Equillibrium.

Also, need to watch Sukiyaki Western Django at some point.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:45:20 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I hated The Cell, basically the reason I haven't seen it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:45:42 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Indeed it did!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:46:33 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Sukiyaki was... something else. I'm a fan of Japanese media and even I thought it was a little too Japanese for me to get into. It was just downright weird at points. Of course the weirdest parts were the bits in the middle with Tarrantino.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:46:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
In Bruges has some amazing dialogue and is kinda funny. Also dark, but def worth watching.

Equilibrium has amazing shooting scenes. Also a kinda neat story about a totalitarian govt that controls peoples emotions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:48:29 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I liked Black Snake Moan, but Christina Ricci wasn't hot naked in that movie, she was depressing naked. There's a difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:48:55 AM PST
The Fall is Tarsem's only good movie as far as I'm concerned. I haven't actually seen Mirror Mirror but I can assume.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:49:22 AM PST
the japanese actors/actresses speak the whole movie in english, but you can watch it in japanese with English sub. I thought it was pretty cool that they were dedicated enough with the "tale" to do the dialogue in English. Miike said he wanted it to feel more "western" than eastern, so he wanted English to be spoken. Some lines get a little lost in translation, but a quality flick still remains, imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:49:51 AM PST
True but the people who haven't seen it don't know that and it will get them to watch the movie.

Well now they know, thanks a lot you oversized bird.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 7:50:58 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Not sure how obscure these actually are, but:

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - one my favorite movies and a fantastic soundtrack.
Ong Bak - it's popular here on the VGF but most normal folks probably wouldn't know it.
Lucky Number Slevin - this might be really well-known and I just don't realize it.
I'd like to steal Layer Cake from Foge's list...actually his whole list looks good, I still need to see In Bruges sometime.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  250
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions