Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Summer Twins All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Retro Toys Deal
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 179 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:54:10 AM PST
waxc3 says:
im only on Chap4 in the campaign and love it.

ive beaten the spartan ops episode 1 a few times on legendary and thats VERY fun. love that i can get so much XP playing something that isnt pure multiplayer. im lv12 just from playing through this mode a couple times.

had a few lag issues playing co-op mode is my only negative.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:10:29 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
After last night, i'm moving at a snails pace and put nearly 3 hrs into the game already. Considering dropping it down to normal myself

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:38:04 AM PST
IPhantom says:
I started the campaign but made the mistake of jumping into MP, just to check it out. Now I can't go back. The MP is just too good. Was planning on getting Blops2, but I honestly can't see myself playing any other mp fps for a while. Hats off to 343, they made a great game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:40:48 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
I played it on Heroic. Mind you, I only completed the first level, so as I stated in my post, I am not 100% on my feelings about the SP until I put more time into it. Maybe the first level is just super easy, even on Heroic, to start you off.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:42:26 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Also, does anyone know how to play Spartan Ops on Legendary when you do it via matchmaking? I played the first 3 levels with 4 people and they were on Heroic. Is it an option only available if you set it up yourself?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:22:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:34:17 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Played the campaign and multiplayer for a few hours last night and the game is absolutely fantastic. Call me an Xbot and a fanboy all you want but this is easily the best looking game on consoles. The environments are huge, everything is incredibly detailed, and this all without a single framerate drop or performance hit that I've seen so far. Considering how hectic and chaotic battles get in the Halo series with all of the enemies running around and explosions and gunfire going off that is a huge accomplishment. The cutscenes are jaw droppingly realistic and lifelike, easily the best I've ever seen. The facial animations and look of the characters makes me question whether I'm watching a movie or playing a video game. No uncanny valley effect at all. The production values are off the charts and the classic perfectly tuned Halo gameplay combined with all of the changes and additions they've added easily make this the best in the series and one of the best games available on consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:28:18 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Yeah man, it's definitely slow going on Heroic, can't imagine Legendary solo. I'll definitely go back to finish the other chapters on Heroic at some point, but I just wanted to get through the story for now.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:35:09 AM PST
Marvelous says:
The game starts off easy on heroic, but is evetually gets bumped up in difficulty. I am absolutely loving both the single player and the multiplayer. The level of polish is amazing, and the muti[player is so much fun. I love that you now get to choose your loadouts from the beginning - looks like 343 took some tips from the COD series on that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:38:24 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I bailed at the end of the third chapter, that part where you have banshees, ghosts, and a crapload of Covenant running around. I kept getting blown up if I took the banshee, and if I didn't I got blown up by a banshee, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:49:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:52:05 AM PST
I seem to recall last year that you made a comment of Halo being better than Uncharted 3 multiplayer because it doesn't have performance customization in its multiplayer progression, but now that Halo 4 does it, it's ok?!........ 0_o

I won't deny that the cut-scenes are some of, if not, the most lavishly produced stuff in gaming, but while the in-game graphics are still very high end....

^^^It's still not quite that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:53:56 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I never made that claim at all. Your raging fanboyism and devotion to Sony has warped your mind. Please don't ever claim you're not a Sonymite ever again Wanda. The show you've put on the past few days has been absolutely ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:23:19 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
That is exactly where i'm getting overwhealmed. I'll clear out most of the area with the sniper and just as i'm ready to progress to the guarded area i get tagged up by some Ghost Covenant and Grunt Storms with launchers and i'm back to the drawing board. lol

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:24:49 AM PST
Marvelous says:
hey, so who's planning on getting the maps pass for $25?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:26:13 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I probably will if I can get a deal on a points card or put some trade in value towards one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:27:00 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Do you know how long that offer is going to be avaible?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:28:39 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Usually the season passes for these games are available for a long time.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:35:50 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
cant wait to dive into the campaign this weekend. ive been playing alot of MP and the first couple spartan ops missions. i am really impressed. even with the custom loadouts, it has that same halo feel to it. ill probably end up getting the maps pass

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:49:00 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I've never been so blown away by a Halo campiagn. The very first mission is very cinematic - my absolute favorite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:33:30 AM PST
waxc3 says:
game gets harder later. two guys in my party are playing on Legendary and there are little sections are quite frustrating.
without any spoilers: some of the new enemies are very challenging on harder difficultys

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:35:02 AM PST
waxc3 says:
in mission 2 where you get back into the "sunlight" felt like my first moment outside in Oblivion or leaving the vault in Fallout3.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:37:52 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
I plan on starting the game on Legendary solo this weekend. I finished the SP in AC3 and i judt need to mop up some random chevos and mail it back to gamefly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:40:41 AM PST
Marvelous says:
It actually gave me that same feeling I experienced with the first Halo: Combat Evolved, when you step out onto the planet for the first time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:41:27 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I'm playing right now on Heroic, intially I was going to do normal, but I figured what the hell.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:45:58 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Sure Heroic is difficult like it should be but I haven't found it outrageously hard or anything. There have definitely been some skirmishes where I've died several times but it never feels cheap or insurmountable.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:49:36 AM PST
waxc3 says:
nice thing about Spartan Ops, you can die over and over and theres no checkpoints. you just continue right where you were. i died 37 times in one part last night (on legendary) trying to assassinate an enemy for an achievement.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: So is everyone aware that French Toast Crunch is back? 34 11 seconds ago
Official VGF Battlefront 3 Beta Impressions Thread 2 14 seconds ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan v3.0 5276 47 seconds ago
OT: Climate Change Is Not Our Fault 80 1 minute ago
Best DLC 24 1 minute ago
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel "Lionheart Edition" announced *PS Vita 60 1 minute ago
Halo 5: Guardians Campaign to be 8-12 Hours Long with 15 Missions 71 3 minutes ago
Destiny PS4 Outsells Metal Gear Solid 5 in September on PSN, See Full List Here 33 4 minutes ago
A Question about Trophies and PSN 34 6 minutes ago
PS4 will drop to $350 on October 9th 75 6 minutes ago
New gameplay for Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break 3 9 minutes ago
Official VGF Super Mario Maker Discussion and Level Sharing Thread 467 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions