Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PS3 Black Ops II servers are atrocious!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-73 of 73 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:11:21 AM PST
And Halo 4 from what I heard.

and Tera, and ToR, and many many others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:16:03 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It was originally sarcasm, we get it lol.

All MP games will have week 1 and maybe week 2 problems.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:53:59 AM PST
S. Brown says:
I played for a few hours last night. The servers weren't great - got kicked a few times, froze my PS3 once - but they were certainly playable. There was some lag and some issues but in general, it was what I expected from a day one multiplayer launch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:35:00 AM PST
Are you on a PS3 fat? People are reporting freezing issues with them.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:21:12 AM PST
Nicos says:
Heck, Happy Wars has been out like a month and I can still only connect to a game about 1/5th of the time.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:24:13 AM PST
With 360 having some more than normally acceptable issues, hopefully they'll get this resolved quickly. Even though they'll focus their attention on 360's bugs first, hopefully the issues are related to the same broken piece of code that allows for a universal sweep of these major problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:51:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:55:02 AM PST
vishock says:
i have a slightly new PS3 and i have froze about 6 times in 2 nights. really annoying to be honest and greatly considering getting the 360 version.

also, as of right now, EVERY SINGLE, i am not exaggerating, i have literally tried about 20 core games (dom and TDM), all of them will not start a match. each lobby is full, it starts preparing for the match, then switches to needing to balance the teams or find more players. literally, it keeps flicking back and forth between those and people just leave because it will not work. the 24/7 nuketown playlist was working fine, but also randomly froze my console a few times after leaving a lobby post-game.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:20:29 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Yeah, I traded the 360 version for the Ps3 version and the whole game is a noticable downgrade looks and performance wise. while I lagged on 360, I had no problem finding a match aside from a few times where the server couldn't be accssed. On Ps3 ive had problems finding a match, getting booted, as well as freezing about three times. It's annoying.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:32:23 AM PST
Treyarch put out a statement on twitter that they are working to fix the PS3 issues.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:36:30 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I played from 11pm-~3am last night with pretty much no problems. The problem everyone seems to have is when you are in matchmaking with a full team it keeps saying "waiting for more players to even team". Simply just exit out and join another quick match - problem solved. Now if you are playing with friends, that can be an issue I guess. But all in all I was happy to see very little problems on the PS3 for 3-4 hours of straight game play.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:14:23 AM PST
The joining game with a team was the same issue Black Ops had......very frustrating the first few weeks...

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:22:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:58:21 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I haven't had any issues on the 360 other than a random disconnect the first day and half the time seemed like a failed host migration. Last night was smooth for my party, had like 8 straight no BS games using multiple lobbies. I haven not encountered any visual or performance anomalies yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:23:51 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Good thing I play alone 90% of the time! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 2:32:58 PM PST
vishock says:
i was playing alone basically within that time frame you mentioned. it would flicker back and forth between waiting and starting in every single TDM/DOM and some Nuketown playlists. dom worked more than TDM, i wasnt able to successfully launch a TDM game at all through numerous attempts. only got into 1 DOM playlist because it was already in session. so you got lucky!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:59:19 PM PST
I have problem with my PS3 modem. Using hard wire to connect helps.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:35:38 PM PST
I've only experienced the balancing issue once. I hope their priority lies in the freezes and shut downs. The balancing issue eventually works out for most people, but powering off consoles is potentially damaging. I'd love to play, but refuse to until the issue is resolved.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:52:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:54:02 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Yes i as well played a few hours last night with one minor hiccup for like 5 seconds it kind of lagged probably from the host and it stopped and kept pressing on. I played about 10-12 Matches No problems otherwise. Also the game does not look bad at all graphics wise not sure what the fuss is, it was all kinds of fun though. I saw you on last night JJ tried to join but it was full could not stay on much longer though. We will have to hook up in this game. I swear BF3 made me really good at this game, playing noshar canals on team deathmatch so many times thats like every single map of BOPS 2. I really wish BF3 had some of those game modes though. But its two games that give me balance now to go back and forth.

I think the best thing is it records a number of your matches and you can edit the film to show all your kills and how it changes over with fade etc and then upload all from the game. Single best addition to any game I have seen IMO for people that love to do that kind of stuff. Its pretty awesome

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:56:27 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I played two matches in mercenary moshpit last night and they worked exactly as expected. That's been the extent of my mp experience so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:58:32 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah I am going like ~25/8 on TDM and like 45+/15 on CTF in hardcore. I forgot how easy COD games were. So many people don't know how to play lol.

I tried joining you too and server was full.

But I had a few balancing team issues last night again - they really need to fix this. lol

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:04:21 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Anyone else removing your secondary, lethal (grennade), and 1 secondary lethal just to get 3 attachments on your gun and 1 or 2 more greed perks?

I am, I have 3 attachments, and have 4-5 perks at once usually active. I find I play better that way. The game is so fast paced that there is really no need for a secondary weapon. lol

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:08:00 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Yah i did that yesterday so i can have an extra perk i removed a concussion grenade. Yah after my initial shock of not playing any shooter for a good while i started going like 19-5/18-6 for about 4-5 straight matches it felt like. Its funny the only reason i got the game is cuz my wife kept bugging me about it and now i pray i dont have to get another copy so we can both play. Does the season pass only work on your username or would it work for all on my PS3?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:21:27 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Ugh, tell me about it! I feel guilty playing while my husband is watching, and have to let him take his turns... my K/D ratio warps from 2.0 to .3 and back again :) Love him to death, but he's pretty bad at FPS games... *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:37:50 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Love him to death, but he's pretty bad at FPS games... *laugh*

LOL that sounds like an oxymoron..

Yah i am stuck but it seems like a second copy is in the stars
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions