Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Well, today is the day. Finally after all this time, everyone can go out and do their civic duty that is their right.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 139 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:36:05 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Small time growers vs. large commercial operations would probably make a large difference in terms of resources to tweak the formulas to make it more addictive. Has regulation really hampered the tobacco industry all that much?

If it's legalized as a whole, then it probably wouldn't fall under medicinal any longer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:36:59 AM PST
FOGE says:
So would we still have Organic MJ? No additives? I hate organic stuff but here it actually would makes sense to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:39:43 AM PST
Really? Is it that legal? I thought the law was you could have less than an ounce without a felony, didn't know about smoking it though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:40:51 AM PST
Considering how many people get locked up every year for a nonviolent offense, I'd say it's actually a pretty big issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:42:05 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Basically, yeah. Once something is legally profitable, any major company involved in the industry is going to do anything they can to make their product the best... ie, more available, more addictive (you need this product dang it!), more pleasing, etc. Pretty much a guarantee, that along with those industry profits that everyone is projecting, are going to be attempts to make it even more profitable. Yay capitalism, and unintended consequences, lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:43:08 AM PST
Why do you hate organic stuff?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:44:26 AM PST
I don't think there are any laws about use, only possessing. So under an ounce is a cival penalty and comes with $100 fine. However paraphernalia is 1-2 years and a $5000 fine so I wouldn't whip out a bong and smoke in the park.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:46:02 AM PST
So you think that a large commercial operations is worse than a large drug cartel? You must really hate the government.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:54:49 AM PST
Ah, okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:55:50 AM PST
Of course I've never actually tested this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:57:34 AM PST
FOGE says:
I hate insects in my food. I want antibiotics in my animals if they get sick and I like preservatives so the food lasts longer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:00:46 AM PST
But insects are full of protein, I don't want to become resistant to the antibiotics do to the food i eat, and I like fresh food more anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:10:04 AM PST
FOGE says:
I read yesterday that the average person eats 400 insects a year. Amusing.

Not sure how legititmate the antibiotic complaint is. Maybe. I just dont know so I dont worry about it. And I enjoy fresh food too but I hate going to the grocery store that often.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:10:35 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Mmm, well, that's a bit of projecting what you think (or what you think I think) onto my point. Earlier, someone said that tobacco products contain other chemicals such as tar, etc that make it more harmful/addictive than MJ. I basically said that if MJ becomes legal, chances are, the same thing will happen with that product.

In terms of microchemists/microbiologists working in a legal way vs. drug cartels operating under the radar: I'd say a large commercial operation is probably capable of creating a more addictive version of MJ than a cartel.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:12:20 AM PST
Probably best not to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:15:10 AM PST
Except you can't taste the insects in organic food.

Actually, I think organic food tastes identical to nonorganic food. (I know that food is by definition organic, but I'm using the terms as they are used here.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:18:35 AM PST
FOGE says:
I dont think it tastes different either. I just want the pesticides and other things on my food. Actually my biggest complaint with organic food is that it costs more despite them doing less to the food.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:22:18 AM PST
Soulshine says:
If that was true, then the large commercial operations (tobacco companies) would be lobbying for legalization and it would already be legal and extremely profitable for those companies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:22:32 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
This is true. The extreme of drinking brings on worse than the extreme of smoking weed - agreed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:26:35 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
A company isn't likely to commit resources to develop a product it can't legally sell... unless you had a very forward looking leader with a potential gambling addiction...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:27:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 9:28:16 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It's because the crop yields are much smaller since half* of it gets eaten by bugs.

*probably not actually half. I have no idea what the real percentages are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:28:59 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
hahaha, nice...that had me laughin sittin here at work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:30:54 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha Hence why Im good with pesticides.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:31:32 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
You bug killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 9:32:30 AM PST
FOGE says:
E D F! E D F!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  139
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions