Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: This is "THE" OT Thread, born and bred in the USA, but hip, worldly; and generally benevolent; where men are men, boys will be boys, and girls actually exist

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:04:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 8:06:10 PM PST
I actually thought The Thing (2011 version) wasn't that bad. Not as bad as so many people have said. I'am still waiting for a actual sequel to the original movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:07:17 PM PST
Indeed.

I was curious about it for a while, but now beyond referring to DV using feminine pronouns (which I see no issue with), I don't bring attention to it.

Garion never complained about the, "Garion's a girl?!?!?!" meme. DV does not seem amused by similar jokes about herself.

I don't care. If I found out DV was a straight guy, or a hermaphrodite, or a gay male, or a straight woman, or a lesbian, or a freakin' Martian, or whatever, none of that would matter...because DV would still be an awesome person, and one of my favorite posters.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:17:15 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I doubt we will get a sequel. The prequel bombed unfortunately. I liked it too but was really drunk when I saw it a year or so ago. Want to see it again. Saw the original again not that long ago....So awesome.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:20:15 PM PST
I don't think DVvM is a man or woman. I think it is a robot. By the way Nate when are you going to tell us what you think DVvM stands for? Is it something like Downvotes vs. Men?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:29:37 PM PST
Or robot. Robots are cool.

Nope. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:31:35 PM PST
Dingy Voltron velocity Missile?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:33:45 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:41:03 PM PST
Yeah, it's too bad there probably won't be a sequel. It's not like Kurt Russell is busy or anything.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:47:43 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Just finished Star Trek VI. I think that is the second best in the entire series after Khan (including the reboot). I love the Cold War theme and Christopher Plummer just dominates. A great villain was missing from the reboot. Nero had potential but not enough focus.

Now watching some old school kitsch with the Warriors. Damn is it classic....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:48:41 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Exactly. I would like another Escape from NY....But the sequel was just not that good. Speaking of Carpenter, I need to see the original Assault on Precinct 13. So many movies I still need to see.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:49:52 PM PST
So my wife went shopping tonight.

She got me The Civil War: A Visual History and The Avengers on Blu-Ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 9:00:20 PM PST
Nice!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:05:52 PM PST
How about Dynamic Velociraptor velcro Machine?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:06:26 PM PST
Pretty much how I feel. Gender has no bearing on the fact that she is one of the most calm and collected posters here, and by a long shot certainly the most intelligent of us.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:08:13 PM PST
Banner says:
Oh cool

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:11:59 PM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
...But she didn't get any of us anything?

I see how it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:11:59 PM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:

I see how it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:12:00 PM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:

I see how it is.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:18:25 PM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
Whoa.....pardon my spamming there. Seems my connection isn't getting along with whatever it's supposed to be getting along with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:19:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 10:21:35 PM PST
Prankster says:
It's more to do with curiosity actually. In the past, when there used to be all this talk of whether the poster is a male or female, I never once participated in it nor bothered. Just wanted to know how everyone is so sure since I never once observed that little tidbit. However, the character personality is not enough of an indicator because at the end of the day it's a forum where anonymity is maintained.

And yep, your suspicions are correct: it's not addressed exactly because of that which is cool. If only everyone's agenda was to be friendly and indulge in useful conversations here, it would be so much better. I also feel that this certain poster is the most knowledgeable on this forum and adds a lot to each discussion. I have also however observed that there is a certain bit of stubbornness involved in posts :P

I don't care about the poster (any) a male, female, gay etc. etc. either and I don't think anyone else here does either. Everyone finds it cool to converse with DVvM and I don't think anyone is going to change their opinion or is basing their opinion based on gender.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:33:18 PM PST
For the record, even though I like cats, I am definitely a guy, who just so happens to like cats.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:36:18 PM PST
Nothing wrong in that. I'm a guy and I like cat's.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:49:57 PM PST
Wow. Dinosaur Monopoly just dropped $10 to $15.73, I can't pass that up even though funds are low!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:50:17 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Just finished the Warriors. What a great soundtrack! Great movie too. So cheesy and awesome.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:50:56 PM PST
The Warriors rock!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions