Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:39:31 AM PST
HA! Sharing the knowledge. It's what parents do with their kids so they can live a better life.

So....thanks Dad! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:51:48 AM PST
*laughs* I've been helping my co-worker in much the same way. I do all the hard work and he gets the results :p He can only really play 1 hour a day 3 days of the week so I'm just giving him the spare stuff I find.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:59:29 AM PST
Duster says:
I hope those words aren't uttered to me for at least another 5 years...

*shutters*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 9:06:38 AM PST
XD

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 9:06:56 AM PST
I know those words would never be uttered to me.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:33:35 PM PST
J. says:
Let me know if you guys need any gems crafted, I have all of the recipes. Usually cheaper to just buy them, but sometimes you can get good deals on the lower gems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 6:49:18 AM PST
I still need those Star Emeralds that cost a lot of money, but I can make them myself with enough emeralds. I only have one so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 7:33:33 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Got 3 Keys (one from each Act) over the weekend still trying to get the plans though, getting a five stack before the Silver Spire is a time consuming pain in the ass.

I also found some Ice Climbers (for my WD) with Kung FU, and found an Andariels (for my Barb) not to long afterwards. Recipes drops galore as well, ended up getting a blacksmith achievement because of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 7:45:19 AM PST
I feel like I really did help you get those Legendaries. We should game again, I might be even more help!

I actually got 1 key from Act III I think while playing with another one of my friends. I guess I should try and get the other 2 now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 8:02:51 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
I forgot I got a Sever too, but it was pretty bad ( no primary stat ).

The drop rate for me this weekend was absolutely amazing. I literally had found 1 ilvl 60+ Legendary last time I was playing (pre version 1.05) and I literally found 3 in the time I played over the weekend.

The game really has changed significantly since I played last.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:13:08 AM PST
I am in a Legendary drought. I haven't gotten one in a week. =(

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:41:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 8:42:06 AM PST
J. says:
I keep getting Monk gear. So I decked mine out from some recent drops, took him shopping in the AH, and... He's at 55k dps, ~35k life, ~550ra, and ~5k armor.

There is a lot of room for improvement, but he is a budget Monk that I can't spend a lot on. I have no clue what a good Monk build looks like. I have 1 spirit generator, but like 4 spenders. I'll post a link to my profile later. Feel free to leave some feedback.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:42:26 AM PST
Duster says:
Well the little time I had to play this weekend wasn't bad. Managed to play with Badger and J against the uber bosses. That went pretty awesome. Played on MP6 got all three organs, and in a single boss battle got some crappy legendary gloves, and Chantando's Will, which also sucked, but they make pretty brimstones!

Otherwise I didn't play a whole lot this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 8:43:52 AM PST
Duster says:
Well J I like my set up. :)

I need to get my dps higher though. I have around 40k health, 73k dps (for now), 750ra, and 5.2k armor. I would link my profile, but I can't from where I'm at right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 8:59:23 AM PST
Duster's Monk makes me wet. <_<

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 9:01:40 AM PST
On a side note, I think I may switch things up. I bought Starcraft Battlechest a year or 2 ago and have never played it. Since my friend is a Blizzard fan, he is the one who talked me into getting D3 in the first place. He is now playing Starcraft 2 and is loving it. I enjoyed D3 much more than I anticipated so I am taking his recommendation and picking up Stracraft 2.

I need to beat Starcraft 1 first though to get the backstory down. Hope my graphics cards can handle it, lol.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 9:05:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 9:07:02 AM PST
J. says:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gun5181-1350/

Any tips for my monk would be appreciated.

Kung Fu, I loved the first Starcraft, but I haven't played the xpack or SC2, either. Wonder if the original will play on Windows 7 64?

I got D1 to work on my Win7 based laptop after a few tweeks, so I guess SC1 would be no different?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:08:13 AM PST
I'd imagine Blizzard may require me to use something to update it from their website (more than likely to play the game without a disc), but I am sure it will work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:09:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 9:22:22 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Swap the Echoing Fury to your off hand. There isn't a stat difference, but the chance to proc the Fear on hit is lessened which reduces headache.

More long term: Swap the Strong Arm Bracers with something without knockback (Lacunis for AiS & Crit), for the same headache lessening. Also consider investing in a Nat's reflection (ring) / Deadly Footprints (boots) for added Crit Chance bonus (7%) unfortunately a CC Nat's Reflection is stupid expensive so the bonus will only be an additional 2.5% without it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 1:39:44 PM PST
Duster says:
Pst. Lyrick shut up! You're giving away the secrets! Hahaha.

Not knowing what your build is right now I can say Lyrick is right about the gearing so far. Although the Echoing Fury in the off hand thing is something I will have to investigate more... I would imagine the proc would still have just as high of a chance to Fear as it would in the main hand. I have read that you want your faster attack speed weapon in your main hand though. So I've opted to have the Echoing Fury in my main hand.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:01:07 AM PST
J. says:
I did lose some attack speed by switching EF to my oh, but I've noticed that so far the fear proc hasn't been an issue. I'm also melting elites at mp0, so I haven't really had a lengthy battle.

Has anyone tried using an Azurewrath or Sickle for your mh? What were your results? I have a halfway decent ls Skorn that would push me to almost 100k, but I would rather keep the aps of my 1 handers.

I changed up my build some, and the play style is a LOT of fun. Most of my runes add some form of +% damage. My only damage dealers are FoT and Sweeping Wind, but so far they are enough.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gun5181-1350/

Now to start saving for a new radiant star emerald...

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:20:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:28:20 AM PST
I finished Act 3 Inferno with my barb over the weekend and hit 59 with my wizard last night.

Having a blast with the game again. I think my barb's damage is around 40k or so unbuffed with 30,000 HP, 5600 armor, a metric ton of lifesteal, and about 450-550 resist all. I just wade into huge groups and annihilate everything so far. Lots of fun!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:26:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:35:44 AM PST
J. says:
At one point last night we had enough Ama players for a full game. Ubers with Duster and Badger has been fun, but one more player couldn't hurt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:27:31 AM PST
WOOT WOOT!

I am glad we could bring back some of the D3 players. I didn't get it until recently, but from what I understand based on all the chattter is that this game is a lot better now than when it was launched.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:27:52 AM PST
I've never done Ubers before. I think my damage is only around 75k buffed, but I could try. ;)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions