Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim Game of the Year edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2013 9:56:37 PM PST
Hundi says:
i hope above all hope and beyond all hope they put a game of the year edition or unlimited edition out with ALL, i say again, ALL OF THE DLC on it. I bought oblivion GotY and it only had 2, count em, 2 DLC paks on it which were the knights of nine and shivering isles. I was extremly disapointed because when i got on uesp.net and saw all th frikin DLC the didnt put in oblivion GotY i almost burst into a rage cause i cant get LIVE t download that content and thats why i always get th GotY editions of elder scrolls n fallout n fable etc. So when skyrim was comin out they put out oblivion 5th anneversery edition and i thought YES!!! The put th missin DLC in after all with the 5th anneversery edition but no the didnt put it in there either just a dumba$§ colored map woohoo oh boy what a load. So as i said i hope t heavens above they put ALL ALL ALLLLLLL!!!!!! Th DLC in skyrim's GotYE because this game is effin' awsome and as big as it is t put ALL th DLC in it would make it like 4-5 times as big as it is now and give so much more to an already georgeouse and breathtaking world of limitless imagination and fantasy. Please dear God Bathesda put ALL th DLC in Skyrim's Game of the Year Edition u guys give my dreams and imagination a world to walk in and the life i'd kill to actually live, u guys rock. It also kik arse if th whole elder scrolls online was like a game possibility, on disc, to where u could revisit all th places from ES1-ES5 that'd be sweet as h311 too. Man i'd kill t work for Bethesda i got game ideas that i'd give anything t see brought t life useing free roam decision making concepts like in TES games. U rock Bethesda!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:39:38 AM PST
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore your question, I just lost track of the thread. If your only option is PS3, then it's supposedly working much better than it was, circa 1.4 where I gave up. Also, rumors are starting to gather steam that DLC content of some kind is coming to PS3. They are being tight-lipped as to confirming what DLC it is, however. Even with the headaches that I experienced, this game is easily worth $25.

If you can get it on a different system, do yourself a favor and do so. There is no way I'm going to tell anyone to wait for a GOTY edition to play this game unless you already have other games waiting to be played, in which case you only win by waiting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:58:53 AM PST
That's not really a reason to not release a GotY edition on the 360 and PC, however. The point of a GotY edition is to get the money of fence-sitters or get people who bought your game and sold it to buy it again. That can still be profitable if you're not doing it for every console.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:51:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 10:44:24 AM PST
Anthony says:
ha! if that were the case, there's never going to be a GOTY. my guess is that the 360 and pc GOTYs will come out before the ps3 version., if there ever is a ps3 one.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:10:31 AM PST
Joey says:
Probably won't be a GotY edidtion until they can get the DLC parts to work on the PS3 in the first place.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:36:21 PM PST
Yeah, I quick save like a mofo in those games.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:12:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 2:13:34 AM PST
A customer says:
Yo, the only reason I didn't save was because the autosave made the game lag to the points of unplayability, so I turned it off. I just flat out forgot to ever save manually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:24:20 AM PST
Well, regardless of the quality of the game (I haven't played it, personally). I would say that it's not really a game that appeared on anybody's "game of the year" awards lists. They just released the GotY edition because they figured it would be profitable in that it would appeal to people who would then buy it.

Skyrim actually won a gaggle of GotY awards, and a GotY edition of Skyrim would sell very well indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:50:01 AM PST
Oh btw I have leaned to wait at least one year before buying games.I just scored:

Gran Tourism 5 XL,
ICO and Shadow of the Collossus Collection,
Assassin's creed: Brotherhood,
Resistance 3,
inFAMOUS

for under $90 shipped

so, yes, $25 is no great deal to me unless it has few bugs

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:42:26 AM PST
my 2 cents, I'm waiting for the GOTY, even if's it's another 2 years. There are too many great games available to play a buggy Bethesda creation and then pay them again for the DLC and bug fixes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:38:05 AM PST
J. Johnston says:
All really interesting thoughts. If I could return to my original question: is this game worth it on PS3 for $25? Or should I hold out for a lower price or a GOTY-type bundle?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:07:21 AM PST
Hey, I happen to agree with Two Worlds 2 getting a GOTY. 2W2 was a really fun game and the magic system was unique to any other IP out there. It had its downsides, but it was easily worth the price of admission for myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:48:42 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I've never played Skyrim or any Elder Scrolls game - not many Bethesda games at all if I think about it - and even I know that playing for 5 hours without saving is asking for trouble.

That does suck though. It shouldn't be like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:42:56 AM PST
You played a Bethesda game for five hours without saving? What's that song by Aerosmith? "livin' on the edge!" or something.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:30:29 AM PST
C_Hus says:
This info may be somewhere in this thread already, but for anyone having an issue on ps3 where it freezes as soon as you touch water, all you have to do is delete the patches and redownload them. After downloading I think it was 1.05 it was freezing every time I touched water, and then once I redownloaded I played 50 more hours without that happening once.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:48:53 PM PST
Anthony says:
I stand by my post on the very first page of this resurrected thread.

damn zombies. *grabs shotgun and chainsaw*.

oh, i'm sorry, i mean deadites.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:46:28 PM PST
A customer says:
I put Skyrim down for about half a year (sold it, actually), started playing it again not too long ago (bought it back, actually), and what happens after I log about five hours of saveless play? The game freezed. Because I touched. WATER. Haven't played it since.

Is the GotY edition going to fix these issues? PS3 owners really got it in the craw on this one. Shame, too, because it's a great game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 5:50:52 PM PST
No prob. Alright, tested. Same problem at Aldruins Wall. Nothing works...fast travel, shouting, attacking, nada. He just stand next to the first puzzle trap talking about how col the wall will be, but wont follow you to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 5:49:35 PM PST
You don't decide who gets a "game of the year" edition on merit.

You get such an edition because the game's publishers think it would be profitable to do so.

I mean, there was a Two World's 2 "Game of the Year" edition.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:26:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 5:28:50 PM PST
Sorry, Skyrim doesn't get one.

Boring repetitive taskathon POS.

(Oblivion and Fallout deserves theirs, however.)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:30:22 PM PST
If the game without DLC is $20 or so on Steam I will probably buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:30:56 PM PST
they've done it before, they're just ignorant in doing it now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:29:23 PM PST
they won't do that given that they expect you to buy the DLC separately. I am waiting for the GOTY and I'm prepared to wait another 2 years for it. I have bought every Bethesda game for the PC (since daggerfall) and PS3 at least 3 times over and I'm just not doing it again. For example, I have 2 PS3 consoles and I bought Oblivion once ans then oblivion 2x more (obne for each console) not because I had to but because it's such an awesome game and I was worried about dvd scratches, etc. I'l l buy 2x Skyrim GOTY if they release it or none if they do not.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:05:30 PM PST
screw the GOTY. how about releasing a stand alone dlc pack to those who don't want to buy the game again just to get dlc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:04:01 PM PST
J. Johnston says:
Much appreciated.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions