Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Star Wars Episode VII 2015

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:27:38 PM PST
I think Episode III did a good job of painting the Council in a poor light, too. You're right, though. There is more grey there. I think the problem is that no matter what they do, the SW fiction still always holds up the Jedi as the good guys. I think they are less evil than most Sith, for sure, but a lot of the things they do are morally questionable. It's just that in the lore of SW, it's really always about absolute good and evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:22:37 PM PST
Anthony says:
well, Kreia kind of has a point about the universe being better off without the force. then there's the whole brainwashing revan in the hopes that s/he'll kill his/her best friend. even if said best friend had recently tried to kill him/her. then there is the exiling of The Exile. neither of which paints the council in the best of lights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:41:23 PM PST
Well it depends on how they do them. I mean, they'd obviously have to make the characters choose the options they chose canonically, and they were more or less usually the good choices. Unless they did alternate timelines in the movies, I suppose. Wouldn't be the first time a movie has addressed multiple alternate choices of main characters.

The KotoR stuff also doesn't have a whole lot of grey area to with, since Star Wars has always been more about the black and white extremes of morality.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:30:09 PM PST
Anthony says:
maybe somewhere down the line they'll make movies about set in the Old Republic during the time of Revan and the Exile. then again, those might be a little too morally ambiguous for a star wars movie.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:36:02 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Disney now owns ILM... and Pixar...

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 10:33:13 AM PDT
Chunk says:
I hope if they make a 7,8,9 that they follow the events of the books. I'd be a little annoyed if ep 7 takes place 25 years after Jedi, which is the time frame of the new jedi order books and nothing is mentioned of a new jedi order. As long as it goes with the books, I'm all for more movies. Dont make new movies and set it far past Jedi, and Han and Leia have no kids...

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:02:04 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
im cool with it. id like more star wars movies.

friend of mine asked on facebook if princess leah is now a disney princess. i loled.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 5:45:47 AM PDT
Just checked and yup, Disney now owns ILM.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 5:37:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 5:38:50 AM PDT
Ice King says:
I'm probably one of a tiny minority on the internet who not only doesn't think this is a bad thing but is actually looking forward to it.
But then I'm also one of the few people from my generation (I'm 36) who doesn't have an unreasonable amount of nostalgia for George Lucas's movies.
They were good and I like them but I just never saw them as the amazing masterpieces everyone else does.
I think the new ones were mostly just as good. I don't mind seeing a continuation of the series.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:28:03 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Star Wars fans will only be happy if they continue to mess up the series and burn it to the ground imo.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:22:56 AM PDT
Subject7 says:
I say reboot everything, the continuity is too messed up imo.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 10:22:27 PM PDT
WizardPlus says:
I'm totally in to this! A new Star Wars would be awesome, especially how the franchise is doing great at the moment with the Clone Wars and such.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:39:59 PM PDT
God, yes.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 9:15:58 PM PDT
Tim Drake says:
I would say that they'd better have more frequent and more intense lightsaber fights, but this is the old Luke. :( Hopefully they will have Jaina Solo or some other younger Jedi.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:49:54 PM PDT
Donkey Punch says:
There will be a Star Wars world at Disney World in the near future.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:18:48 PM PDT
Subject7 says:
They purchased Lucas Arts for $4.05 billion? Only $4.05 billion? Including ILM? If so then isn't that kinda cheap.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:57:16 PM PDT
It isn't April 1st.

Also, if they really do this movie schedule, great. Just freaking great. Star Wars was ALREADY about to collapse into a singularity of self-referential retcons.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 5:16:01 PM PDT
All right, +1

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:15:11 PM PDT
hey the other one doesnt have an article tho!

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:10:12 PM PDT
You just got sith'ed on son!

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 5:07:47 PM PDT
damn it ninja'd

Initial post: Oct 30, 2012 5:04:12 PM PDT
http://updates.io9.com/post/34653322811/newly-merged-disney-lucasfilm-plans-new-star-wars-films

By Meredith Woerner

Disney has purchased LucasFilm for a whopping $4.05 billion. And the Mouse House already has big, big plans for George Lucas' creation.

According to a press release given to Street Insider, Disney is already planning Star Wars Episode VII for release in 2015! And on a conference call with reporters, Disney execs said they aim to put out a new live-action Star Wars film every two to three years.

Here's the official quote from Lucas:

For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed thatStar Warscould live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization,Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Playstation 4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U: Which 8th gen console will provide the most entertainment? 91 54 seconds ago
Games That Felt Like They Were Rushed and Incomplete 16 2 minutes ago
Anime that makes you think and I stand behind son 2 4 minutes ago
Diablo 2.1 patch tomorrow! 87 11 minutes ago
All I can say is I am a real and I dont give a f****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 93 14 minutes ago
I hate Microsoft with a passion of 1,000 burning suns and I'd be happy if they failed. 5 16 minutes ago
OT: Well, it happened to me. 28 17 minutes ago
PS4 Friends: VGF Edition 162 18 minutes ago
OT: Nine-year-old girl Kills Gun Instructor with Uzi 118 29 minutes ago
Walking Dead Season 2 Finale *Spoilers Obviously* 6 56 minutes ago
What is the single greatest game on PS4 right now? 65 57 minutes ago
Sony doesn't understand security: Why PlayStation Network is such an attractive target for hackers 64 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions