Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pokemon X & Y Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 166 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:41:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 2:41:50 PM PST
You'll understand when you're an adult. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 11:44:23 AM PST
DVvM says:
Paranorman was amazing. I heartily recommend it.

IMO it's better than Frankenweenie and Wreck it Ralph, but it didn't do very well in the theater.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 9:46:43 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It can be a daunting challenge, to be sure. It's a shame that all 6 Pokemon you carry with you can't share in the XP. Especially when your main is 20 levels higher than the next closest one. Sure there are usually 2 exp shares per game, but it's still a helluva grind.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 9:44:18 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
It was a 3DS release game. Nobody plays Yoshi Touch & Go anymore either.

I don't play Pokemon because I've seen the terrible face of Math hidden within the cute monsters. I just get overwhelmed by knowing what I'll have to do to get them in fighting shape!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:05:41 AM PST
Precisely.

And the fact that the Pokemon didn't level actually drove me crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:43:18 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Rumble Blast is good for a kid that can't quite play a full on, traditional Pokemon game, but for anyone here. Avoid it. I bought it and it was pretty terrible. Zero challenge. Boring. Bland.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:46:25 AM PST
Rumble Blast wasn't great.

I agree with you though, embrace the inner kid, don't ignore it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:22:36 AM PST
saskamazon says:
yeah, I'm really looking fwd. to it ... loved the old games, & will get the references. can hardly wait. but I think that if adults find enjoyment with animated films or E rated games, they should embrace them ... no harm no foul. I've had a lot of fun playing games my son loves & co-op with many of them is quite entertaining. I even gave Pokemon Rumble Blast a go on the 3DS & had fun ... I've never played any other Pokemon games, but I may try one yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:59:33 AM PST
"That had me tearing up."

you and me both.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:55:24 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Heck, the original Toy Story is amoung one of my favorite movies. And the last one especially had some really adult-type moments like the

**********TOY STORY 3 SPOILERS*************
furnace scene. That had me tearing up.
**********END TOY STORY 3 SPOILERS*************

But not to derail your OT (But interesting) conversation ;P For those who want a bit more challenge is the Pokemon games, try playing with less than 6 Pokemon in your crew. I've gone through a majority of a playthrough of HG using less than 6 in my crew until late game. I caught Pokemon but sent them to the PC, or didn't use them. I ended up leveling only the ones I wanted for the Elite Four. Makes it a bit tougher. Also, there are more trainers to battle after the Elite Four in recent games that are challenging.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:38:10 AM PST
In fairness I think Wreck It Ralph was geared towards adults, simply because of all of the Old School Game References.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:29:40 AM PST
saskamazon says:
exactly, b/c often the humor & lots of references are designed for adults to enjoy ... we have Kung Fu Panda 1 but I have to pick up 2 for us ... there are so many good ones, hard to keep up. I want to check out Frankenweenie & Paranorman ... & Wreck it Ralph when it releases.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:24:51 AM PST
Kung fu Panda 1 and 2 remain 2 of my favorite movies of all time. I saw em in theaters with my friends, we were laughing like crazy the whole time... The kids in the theater didn't seem to find it as funny as we did though.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:22:54 AM PST
saskamazon says:
How to Train your Dragon is an excellent film ... we own it. I find most of the animated films in recent years are intentionally designed to appeal to adults - I mean lets face it, are 7 yr olds taking themselves out to the theatre ? the off the cuff humor that will mainly fly right over the heads of young children is perfect for the adults watching .... we've been collecting animated films for years - I have an 8 yr. old, & often they are way more fun - even for me & I'm beyond 40 .... trifocals & all ! lol my son has all the animated Batman & Justice League on disc, & many of the storylines are quite engaging for me to watch ... these are not the old Elmer Fudd cartoons anymore ... much more depth, to say nothing of graphics with cgi & all. Pixar / Dreamworks make fantastic films ... & often the soundtracks for Disney classics are very enjoyable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:17:27 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yikes, denial is an ugly thing Flores.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:15:00 AM PST
You didn't see How to Train your Dragon's in theaters because of someone else? Or because the Theater wouldn't let you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:10:40 AM PST
I.Flores says:
I know. You should seek help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:44:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 6:44:53 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm pretty sure an adult who's freakishly obsessed with an electronics company is far more creepy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:42:27 AM PST
Yeah, but I have to say I'm a better person now than I was at 25, so it's all a tradeoff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:40:46 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well at our age, a couple years isn't that big a deal anymore IMHO. Anyway, we be getting old, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:39:35 AM PST
How to Train Your Dragon is a brilliant movie, I wish I had seen it in the theaters.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:38:49 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's exactly why I didn't go see How To Train Your Dragon even though I really wanted to. Damn pedo's ruin it for everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:38:25 AM PST
You're older than me?! I kind of thought we were the same age.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:16:36 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
You're only two years younger than me?

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 4:50:23 AM PST
Pokemon day is def geared more toward all ages. They're challenging and pretty damn addicting.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  166
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions