Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale makes the Top 40 sales chart in UK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 4:25:17 AM PST
Black Ops II still rules the UK charts. Lego Lord of the Rings debuts at #6. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two weighs in at #34.

http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-all-stars-not-off-to-good-start-uk

United Kingdom sales figures for last week are rolling in Monday, and it's not looking good for Sony's mascot brawler.

"Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale" placed in 38th position for the week behind new releases "Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two" in 34th place and even Activision's licensed "Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse" in 35th position. It's an absolutely dismal outing for the fighter, which was billed as Sony's answer to Nintendo's insanely popular "Super Smash Bros." series.

The week's other major release, "Hitman: Absolution" came in second -- the top debut for IO Interactive's stealth-action series. Agent 47's previous best debut was "Hitman: Blood Money" in 2006 at fifth place.

"Call of Duty Black Ops 2" remained the most popular game in the UK during the week, despite an 87 percent drop in sales from the previous week. Despite its huge opening week, it failed to match sales of the original "Black Ops," but is tracking 15 percent ahead of last year's "Modern Warfare 3."

While the sales figures are for only one small territory in Europe, it's alarming for Sony, which was relying on "Battle Royale" to anchor its dismal holiday lineup. Unlike in years past, neither Insomniac Games nor Naughty Dog had flagship titles for release. The former is working on "Overstrike" for EA, while Naughty Dog is finishing up "The Last of Us" for some time in 2013.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:33:28 AM PST
I have the game, and while I don't hate it, I don't think it's amazing either. It's a fun game, lots of cool characters and interesting fighting styles. But the extreme lack of single player content makes me very sad. I know it's a fighting game and they are meant to be multiplayer, but would it kill to put in a nice story mode or... something? I think mortal Kombat (the most recent release) is the best fighting game for single player content. It has a story mode, and the battle tower. Both lengthy and provide something for me to do. I suppose my problem is my friends, while good at games, aren't... exactly great at games and I never like playing against those who can't win. Not fun, i prefer a challenge! And Online isn't as fun cause... well anyone who has played a fighting game with your friends in the same room knows online is not the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:18:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:55:32 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Online isn't the same, but it's better than simply not playing the game or doing repetitive battles against braindead AI. Local > Online > SP. I don't disagree that MK has far and away the best SP content of any fighter, I just still see it as an exception, not the standard. PS All Stars meets my expectations of a fighter for SP stuff, but doesn't go beyond. It's better than recent Capcom games whose combo trials and tutorials are useless, and about on par with Namco fighters with all the different intros and icons to unlock. It has all those character specific challenges, but after doing about 10 of them, you realize how same-y they are and I was done.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:28:03 AM PST
Same here, I do like playing it online. But the character specific challenges are kinda dull after the first... hour. One of my friends and I do have fun going 2v2 online. We managed to win once, and lost every other time!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:42:13 AM PST
Voice of god says:
They should have publicized Emmett Graves more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:46:42 AM PST
Hopefully millions of people will trade in their Wii Us, 360s and 3DS systems for PS3s/Vitas when the Emmett Graves DLC is released.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:48:09 AM PST
Yeah... I don't even know who Emmett Graves is...

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:48:18 AM PST
Hope it sells well. I'm looking forward to a sequel with a better single player story.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:48:18 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Yeah, yeah. We know, Jason.
sony=doomed=vita

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:48:28 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'm sorry, i can't buy this until the EMMETT GRAVES DLC COMES OUT! Woooot!! <snorkle><jer-zfistpump>

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:48:40 AM PST
A character from Starhawk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:50:16 AM PST
huh... never heard of that game either.

I'll have to look it up when I get home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:52:27 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Emmet Graves is british?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:54:21 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Don't worry, no one else has either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:55:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 11:21:18 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Mortal Kombat's story mode, while appropriately cheesy, is really good. It actually tells a story and makes you try out different characters.

I played PASBR on the vita once so far. Did a random character and it picked Nathan Drake. Played through the standard arcade mode without any trouble. I like the game more than I thought I would, but I agree that a more robust SP mode would be great. They don't have to take the time to make one for each character - I'd rather see one that jumps around like MK.

I don't think I would go out and buy this kind of game, but it was free so I can't complain.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:56:09 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Xbots are just mad they aren't getting a fighting game. I can't imagine a fighting game with 2 bulky space marines and a car from Forza as a roster being any good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:57:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:58:58 AM PST
I. Flores says:
This Emmet Graves thing is a running gag created by Jason to make fun of Sony (unsurprisingly)
Apparently, creating new IPs and marketing it's characters with free in-game DLC is scoff worthy.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:59:16 AM PST
Well what would be Xbox's Combatants... let me think...

Master Chief of course
Guy from gears of war
Banjo Kazooie
A Pinata from Viva Pinata
Your Avatar possibly
Can't think of anything else xbox only.
It could have a few that Playstation does
Big Daddy
Dante

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:59:21 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
And you're getting really defensive and upset about it (unsurprisingly).

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:59:28 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I bet the Starhawk guy's level 3 special will involve dropping buildings on everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:01:05 AM PST
Not at all. I think Sony and Vitacan be quite successful. I was just noting their success in making the charts. Hopefully that is alright with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:01:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 8:48:44 PM PST
I. Flores says:
I'm currently having a PBJ sammy, so there's no way I could be upset about anything, really.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:02:33 AM PST
Or perhaps some of us are genuinely excited to brawls as Emmet "The Man"Graves! He is the next Pac-Man!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:02:56 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Level 2 is probably going to be running around in a Hawk, Sweet Tooth style.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:05:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
The boss is Kinnect
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions