Hitman Absolution First Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 59 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:15:48 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Just picked it up, yea buddy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:17:49 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Jealous, I have to wait for 12/25 to get my copy.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:20:21 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Damn, if this is like Splinter Cell i'm going to havce to get it sooner than later.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:22:13 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Dude its $2.16, look under the sofa cushions

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:25:24 AM PST
Picked mine up also just not sure if I will have much of a chance to play it today since I have a Thanksgiving party to go to tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:30:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 1:31:49 PM PST
Vikki P. says:
Hardcore fans tend to be the hardest to satisfy. They're the most critical, and they can overemphasize some things that a general fan might not mind. Then it hurts the game's overall reputation.

I've played Contracts and Blood Money and enjoyed them. I'm no diehard fan, but I've enjoyed what I've seen of the Absolution thus far.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:18:18 PM PST
Iso says:
Looks good. Will wait for a sale.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:53:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 12:01:32 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
This game is badass.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 12:00:08 AM PST
What's so badass about it?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:45:10 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 21, 2012 4:07:31 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:47:33 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Can anyone here who has actually played this give us their first impressions? I'd really like to know just how well this stacks up against Blood Money. That game was awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 1:51:42 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Blah, ninja'ed 0.o

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:24:38 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I agree with sean hitman is awesome. I got up to the point where you do your first contract. There is so many different ways to finish your level that i left so many options on the table and i only did 3 missions so far. I will say that i HATE the new checkpoint system. If you kill 9/10 guards and you happen to get sloppy and get caught by the last guard and you want to try it over again to get it perfect you would have to kill every enemy on that specific map all over again. Some of the checkpoints are placed inbetween enemy patrols so have to be on your toes and try different approaches from the original one you took to get the checkpoint. The point counter is a nice addition, also has a user generated contract mode that adds more replayability to the game.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:43:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 4:16:47 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I reposted cuz I added stuff...

I stealthed a few missions, but now I'm just a cold blooded killah. I didn't think there would be much replayability, but with the option to compare your scores around the world you can really perfect your missions; there truly are so many ways to attack a level. You'd definatly want to play thru this numerous times, not sure why those guys didn't think there was much replayability. You're just are so in control of everything, that's what makes it so badazz. The kills as so awesomely violent so much so I could see this game coming up in the news in the future. It looks great, the cut scenes are fantastic, as is the theme music.

On the downside I do see what they mean with the level play thru doors kinda choppy, door to door, could be smoother.

Yeah how anyone could give this game less than a 8/80, which quite a few did, is really unjust in my eyes. It's one of the coolest games I've ever played.

OT: Scratchy: I looked at your medal closet, holy crap dude you are a pro, you really should be getting paid for your gameplay hours and efficiency. I should start a thread on the PS3 trophy case that would be interesting to see how everyone compares.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:50:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 6:51:26 AM PST
Meatwad says:
Got the Professional Edition last night with a nifty strategy guide. Only played Blood Money but I loved that and I'm currently in the library in Run for Your Life.

Quick thoughts:

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I won't deny the Terminus Hotel got me frustrated and I restarted it a few times just to get it remotely right. Think it took me about 30 to 45 minutes to beat that one. The game also looks and sounds fantastic as well.

Quick question: I bought a few suits on Xbox Live and do they get used in Contracts or no? Thank you in advance.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:56:14 AM PST
I only got to play though the prologue mission last night but really enjoyed what I played, looking forward to putting some more time into it later today.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:58:52 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Did you get the Collector's Edition guide ? If so, how is the artwork and content?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:13:17 AM PST
I got to play 2 of the levels yesterday so I can't give a full review on it. First impressions is a mixed bag.
Pros:
The game itself looks nice. It really feels like you are in a movie with the intro and cut scenes(at least so far). Inventory managment while in game is simple and effective enough. I like that you can put 2 bodies in a container now as opposed to the 1. The point shooting thing while in instinct is cool but kind of irrelevant if you are the type of player who only likes to Garrote/subdue/sedate/poision/push off a cliff.

Cons:
The checkpoint/enemy re-spawn thing is a fail in my opinion. That's going to pose some real problems as you advance in the game I would imagine. The action(subdue)/attack prompt is not as efficient as it could be. Sometimes when I want to subdue a person, he ends up attacking instead. The storyline doesn't make sense right now. Hopefully you aren't forced use instinct in certain situations(well at least in that intro stage where you have to use it to get past the gardener/guard into the greenhouse). You should have been able to distract them by throwing an object so that they can go investigate, then you can slip in.

I'll have more time to play it for the next couple of days so i'll post back then and update

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:13:23 AM PST
Meatwad says:
Yes. The hardcover is very nice and it even comes with a little bookmark.

The only time I've had to use it was for the aforementioned Terminus. The way it's written and stylized is a little confusing but it helped me out a good amount.

Haven't looked at the art though, but that maybe redundant due to the fact I have PE and that already comes with an artbook (a very nice one, on top of that).

Anything else?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:25:06 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Does it do a good job on detailing collectibles ? Does it go into different ways of dispatching targets?

I played the other hitman games , so as a fan I was interested about probably picking it up due to backstory on the game and as a "cheat sheet" to explore different ways of dispatching targets I might have missed after playing thru missions using different tactics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:27:44 AM PST
Meatwad says:
Yes. It comes with ways of going through different ways and telling you can snag in a level.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:40:03 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Thanks for the info.

I am going to pick up from Amazon since its $20.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:54:08 AM PST
I dont know, I might have to wait and pick it up as a bargain buy. I started playing the Hitman series with Hitman 2. HATED the game at first, it took me like a month to get past the first level. The learning curve on that game was SO steep. But once you realized what you had to do, I fell in love with the games.

This one sounds fun, but doesnt sound like Hitman. Its sort of the same gripe you hear about Deus Ex. Its a great game, but its kind of sad that a lot of the choice that you had in the same game series 10 years ago is gone now to make it more "streamlined".

I think part of the fun in this series was that there was no such thing as a checkpoint system. If you failed at the end of a mission, you pretty much started over from the very beginning. I'm still really iffy on this one. It sounds like it'll be enough to give me a Hitman fix, but not enough to actually make me love the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:01:45 AM PST
Mallrat says:
Glad you got a short shift today to spend some time on Hitman because you will be playing BL DLC tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:26:14 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I haven't checked my stats but i did restart alot because i found things that i could use to get through the level and wanted to see what it did. One example was the first level. I wanted to see what would happen if i dropped the sleeping pills i found in the food in the kitchen but i didn't have the patience to wait and see so i stalked the one guard in the hallway knocked him out and took his keycard bam end of level lol. There was also a switch that opened the shades that distracted a good portion of the guards allowing you to walk around the living room easily.

And the chinatown level was insane with the amount of ways you could kill that dude. You could poison his drugs, kill the guard near his car place a bomb under his car and set off the alarm when he got close blow it up, poison some food and watch him eat it or straight up go in guns blazing. Loving the options. If only they could fix the checkpoint system in a patch somehow.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions