Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls DLC thoughts (will contain spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 203 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:40:51 AM PDT
Sars says:
i meant duke arcives. my bad

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:41:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 6:44:30 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
I got 3 SL 70ishes and i never get 2 shot (maybe my sorc) unless i'm careless. That's pretty cool about sif... i wonder if you have to summon him to help you fight manus for that cutscene to happen in the present because i remember summoning other people to help me with Manus on my pyro character and i've yet to go to the forest on my pyro. I think i might go fight sif in a bit and find out.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:47:04 AM PDT
Sars says:
just watched that cutscene on youtube, thats pretty cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:51:58 AM PDT
No, you just need to kill O&S and place the lordvessel to get to the archives.

You can do that with Frampt in Firelink Shrine. You only have to kill 4K if you want into the Darkwraith covenant.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:53:14 AM PDT
Chris... says:
I enjoyed the dlc but thought it was far too short, and too vague in its explanation of anything, as per usual witht the souls games.

I still really have no idea who Artorias is and how he fits into Dark Souls lore other than being one of Gwynn's knights. The lady who appears after you kill Artorias, who is she? How did Gough also end up in Ooacile and why didn't he lose his humanity and go mad like everyone else? If the lady that appears on the floor after beating Manus is Elizabeth how does she then end up being captured by the golden golem in Darkroot Basin? Why does Sif's souls give you Artorias' sword and Artorias' soul give you the Abyss sword?

So many questions, but overall I'm satisfied. Lol.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:54:43 AM PDT
Him says:
Capt, did you get my message? It seems they patched the BB glitch :(

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:55:01 AM PDT
All of those questions are answered if you look hard enough. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:55:12 AM PDT
Sars says:
I didnt know that lol, I wish I would of saved the 4 kings for later, I hate that boss lol. glad i got it out of the way though.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:55:25 AM PDT
Yessir. The BB glitched was patched out prior to the DLC launching.

Good thing I have a bunch of characters already created :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:57:54 AM PDT
Chris... says:
I'm assuming through one of the wikis? I'd like to find the answere myself without using the wiki.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 7:00:47 AM PDT
Him says:
I have a few, but I wanted...just...one...more. Lol.

Oh well, I just have the 4 A-holes and Nito left before end game. I only need 6 rare weapons as well for that trophy, so I think I'm going to try for that. Where's the best place for farming silver knights? I need a shield drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:10:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 7:12:30 AM PDT
No, I'm pretty sure all the info can be found in-game, but a lot of it is your own interpretation based on dialogue, item descriptions, events, and the world around you.

I still really have no idea who Artorias is and how he fits into Dark Souls lore other than being one of Gwynn's knights. -Artorias was the lead Knight in the fight against the Darkwraiths. His covenant traversed the abyss hunting Darkwraiths. Sif was his companion. When he fought against Manus he was corrupted, but with his death he saved Sif from the corruption by sealing Sif inside a personal sanctuary using the cleansing greatshield.

The lady who appears after you kill Artorias, who is she? One of the members of his covenant. I think more information can be found on her armor and weapons.

How did Gough also end up in Ooacile and why didn't he lose his humanity and go mad like everyone else? -I believe talking to him explains how he made it there and I'm not sure if he was always blind or recently went blind. I think he headed to Oolacile to hunt Kalameet, as he was a dragon hunter. Many (if not all) of the NPCs go hollow over time, he just hadn't met his time yet or he was stronger willed than most.

If the lady that appears on the floor after beating Manus is Elizabeth how does she then end up being captured by the golden golem in Darkroot Basin? -I believe this is Dusk. Also, the DLC all takes place in the past, so much could have happened between then and present day.

Why does Sif's souls give you Artorias' sword and Artorias' soul give you the Abyss sword? Sif's soul gives you either the true greatsword or the cursed one, while Art's soul gives you the fully cursed one that scales on humanity. I look at it like there are three versions of the sword. The True Greatsword is the one wielded prior to Art's corruption. The Cursed Greatsword symbolizes his turn to the corruption, while the Abyss Greatsword is a symbol of the fully corrupted form of Artorias. It kind of follows his descent into the dark.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 7:31:54 AM PDT
Him says:
You also get the GreatSHIELD of Artorias from Sif's soul.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:32:20 AM PDT
Chris... says:
*****The statement below will spoils some things about the dlc. If you haven't finished you may not want to read******

Thanks. That was a great explanation. Still a little confused on Gough though. I remember him telling me he went to chase Kalameet but was struck blind, however he was still able to put an arrow through Kalameet's wing. If he was able to do that why didn't he just do that in the first place?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:35:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 7:35:59 AM PDT
It's a spoiler thread, so you don't have to worry about marking it ;)

I think it's probably because Gough knew he couldn't finish the job being blind, which is why he tasks the player with killing him once he pins his wing down. It was his final effort to hunt down the dragon, which is why he turns over his bow to the player.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:37:50 AM PDT
Yup. I think creating the sanctuary for Sif was what caused him to lose function in his left arm, which is why it kind of flops lazily at his side during the boss encounter.

Could you imagine facing Artorias if he had a shield and the ability to two-hand his sword? Thank you Devs for not putting us through a nightmare.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:41:32 AM PDT
Chris... says:
You know what that makes perfect sense. Thanks. I never got his bow. I'll have to get it from him tonight.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 7:51:37 AM PDT
Him says:
Did everyone else not even have a download occur then they purchased the DLC? I hit 'download' and it immediately went to 100%. I hit it again a couple more times because I thought it messed up. I was sure it didn't download, but I wanted to play anyway, so I headed up to Anor Londo. When I killed the golem and got the broken pendant, I was shocked but pleasantly surprised. I guess the DLC was programmed in ahead of time and you're just 'unlocking' it when you pay for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 7:52:46 AM PDT
They released all the DLC with the larger patch earlier in the week.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 7:53:44 AM PDT
I bit OT but what's the max number of tite slabs anyone has gotten from the lizards in The Great Hollow? The other day I got 5 of them!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 8:36:02 AM PDT
rhu says:
OTish: Since this topic is active I'm going to ask about the gravelord covenant. Apparently the patch increased the viability of the covenant. I have over 200 hours in this game and was cursed for the first time last night. I checked the wiki and it didn't address my question like I wanted. I know that if I want to lift the curse I have to find some sign, invade and defeat the guy. If I lose does the curse remain? Once the person doing the cursing clears the area will the curse be lifted? This happened in the Sanctuary garden. If I leave there and go somewhere else does the curse follow me? If one of the other people cursed defeats the person does the curse lift for everyone that is afflicted? My understanding is that three people are cursed and the sign moves around as the person doing the cursing moves and that all three of the cursed could potentially invade and defeat him together.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 8:40:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 8:40:45 AM PDT
If you lose or leave the area the Gravelord Curse is removed.

When you're cursed by a Gravelord, you can fight through the enemies to find the sign. Following the sign loads you into the Gravelord's world to fight him. If all 3 people he cursed load in at once, he can potentially be invaded by 3 phantoms.

The sign doesn't move once he drops it. It sits where the GL dropped the sign, which is why I try to hide it.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 8:41:26 AM PDT
On a side note, I fought my first crab thingy last night and got twin humanities off of it. Found it in the Royal Wood at the edge of a cliff. Guess someone lost a ton of souls there, lol.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 8:58:23 AM PDT
Chris... says:
Yesterday I farmed 14 humanities in three runs from the ghosts in the Chasm of the Abyss. This has to be the easiest and quickest way to farm humanity.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 9:26:50 AM PDT
Yes, it was Dusk, if you summon her by the hydra AFTER saving her you can get an interesting conversation where she talks about Artorias saving her from the Abyss, and while she doesnt remember anything of it, you remind her alot of Artorias ;)

Also the girl at the headstone is Ciaran.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions