Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I know it's months old news about Netflix, but after futher review..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-32 of 32 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:39:23 PM PST
Nicos says:
One of the recent updates brought back the "available until" info (at least for the 360). You have to scroll to the bottom of the description/text panel to see it. That was one of my biggest complaints when they changed the format for the 360.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:29:32 PM PST
Waldo says:
A good site for Netflix to see upcoming, newly released, and expiring videos is: Instantwatcher.com I always use that site and when I see the "expiring soon" titles at the bottom of that webpage, any titles I have on my own personal Queue I go to my Netflix Queue on my computer and move all those titles to the top of my Instant Watch list.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:55:08 PM PST
Some of you act as if they have control over what content they can provide. The people who own the content decide if they will do business with Netflix. Netflix power comes from the amount of subscribers they have, which provides them bargaining power. Canceling when they lose content isn't going to get you what you the content you want to appear.

The only way we will ever see a stream king, with everything we want on it or most, is if one has enough subscribers that the studios cannot ignore.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:22:31 PM PST
Peter says:
For $8 a month, I dont see why there are any complaints. Let's say you combine Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime. You are still only paying $25 a month for basically every show, both current and old with very few exception. That is way better than paying for cable service. Add free sites like Ustream and TheFootball.biz to the mix and now you also get all sporting events mixed in to your service. To me, that is a no brainer winning solution and alternative to cable/satellite/etc....services.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:17:07 AM PST
Xavier 7 says:
There's plenty of movies produced within that time frame.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:30:22 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Considering the only television I got before streaming Netflix was PBS*, I don't think I'll run out of shows to watch.

Sure, the selection is lacking the proverbial bag of chips, but when your standards are so low from years of watching cyber-chase, sewing with Nancy, and far too many episodes (than I care to admit) of the Joy of Music, with Diane Bish. you can always find something "good" to watch.

*Being far enough away from every nearby major city, there were no network channels to get over the rabbit ears, and I am far too principled (cheap) to pay a cable company for the privilege of being a product they, in turn, sell to advertisers.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:15:03 AM PST
I still like Netflix, but it's a shadow of what it was in not too distant past. I still think it's the best streaming option availiable, but services like Prime keep getting better and Netflix keeps getting worse. At the current pace, Amazon Instant will be of equal quality to Netflix soon, and Prime has other benefits. If the streaming was of equal quality, I would definitely cancel Netflix and get Prime. I can't really see myself paying for two streaming services, but I understand for people who enjoy Prime's other benefits and Netflix's streaming. That's just not for me. If Prime streaming became equal, I think there would be others cancelling Netflix with little remorse as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions