Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pokemon X & Y Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 166 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:48:54 AM PST
Feel as emotional.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:52:21 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Emotional....? I've obviously been playing pokemon wrong.

The only emotion I got was in Emerald...when I felt... I don't care about catching them all! And never looked back.

I'm a simple person. I just want a Pikachu.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:52:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:34 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I think my slow distancing from Pokemon is the fact that I'm no longer a kid. Pokemon is marketed to kids, designed for kids and sold to kids, it's a game for kids.
I'm no frat guy that only plays COD and Madden but I'm more interested in adult games noawadays, and game that you can experience with friends from work drinking some beers. My girlfriend would also give me the looks if she saw me playing a Pokemon game, and I wouldn't judge her for that ... I would look so silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:50 AM PST
I thinka part of me will always be young. I Always look forward to a pokemon game.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:57:13 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Oh, but you shouldn't care about what other people think of what you play. Now that's just silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:57:47 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Can't agree with that either lol.

I do love me some Pokemon though, I will probably play them for the rest of my life.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:59:10 AM PST
KrisCo says:
Time for me to get a 3DS!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:01:12 AM PST
This is why the God of War and Gears games are so popular with the 16 - 22 crowd, they think it's "grown up" to play games like that and don't want to be embarrassed by playing "kid games" like Pokemon. First of all, non-gamers are pretty much going to think that any game is dorky. Second, when you are actually an adult, you don't care what other people think of you.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:01:21 AM PST
I have yet to play a Pokemon game. The complete lack of 3DS games lately has me interested in this though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:06:20 AM PST
Your wish for new 3DS games is granted!

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Fire Emblem: Awakening

In the next month or so!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:07:10 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
You sound like someone that was bullied in school Punk. Start realizing people have different tastes in games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:09:54 AM PST
Anthony says:
you are hereby commanded to get Fire Emblem and to love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:09:58 AM PST
Oh no, not bullied in school!

I think it's wonderful that people have different tastes in games, it's how we get such great variety in our games. I'm not even sure what this has to do with my statement. I like God of War and Gears of War a lot, but it doesn't make me any more "grown up" to play those than it does to play Pokemon. I have never actually played Pokemon for the record.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:10:14 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
Im buying a 3DS now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:10:28 AM PST
*Sigh* Well I guess if I HAVE to. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:12:46 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You never played pokemon? you sound like the kid that bullied the kids like me in school.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:14:14 AM PST
In high school I was all like "Pokeymans? Dat gamez for da kidz!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:14:33 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Sorry if that came out of nowhere, you pulled the card pretty good :D
To be honest, it's not about being a grown up. It's about the game being for kids, nothing really difficult.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:15:40 AM PST
I've never played one so I can't speak to the difficulty of them. Are they known for being pretty easy?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:17:42 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
And another 3DS game I'm not interested in. But congrats for those that are.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:18:30 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:19:44 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Me either, I was too old to be interested in everything Pokemon when the fever washed over the country. (which doesn't mean they are bad games, just that it wasn't an appealing franchise when they dropped.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:22:30 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I'd prolly feel the same way about my beloved FF games as well if I hadn't bought FFVII on a whim way back in the day.

So who knows, I might be missing something great, but at this point I don't have the free time to explore every RPG cranny that I did back in the day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:23:02 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Such a pity. You missed the cartoon AND the cards!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:24:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 7:26:49 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well, I saw the cartoons and they were OK, but I had the hardest time trying to figure out what the heck was going on for a really long time.

As for cards, I haven't ever played a trading card game and the last cards I actually collected was done in '87 or '88. Actually came across my old WWF (pre-WWE) and Star Wars sets over the holidays.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  166
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions