Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Obama cries Reading Statement on School Shooting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 224 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:22:41 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I've found that being called a sissy doesn't actually bother me at all. But this is a discussion for a different thread so I'll leave it at that.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:52:48 PM PST
Stra8 Edge says:
"a president crying shows how much of a weak ass he is", 'MERICA! ...am i doing it right?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:06:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:07:27 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Shut up Tarentino really. A horrific sad day, a robot would show emotion on a day like today.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:27:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:27:46 PM PST
What? Of course this is a horribly sad day. This is why I was stressing compassion and sympathy.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:28:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:28:45 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:32:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:36:36 PM PST
I thought it was touching, and besides, the video of him addressing and giving out sympathy to the families was a good video to share.

If you are wondering, I had NO intention of dragging in politics at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:41:29 PM PST
Yeah as usual it was Steve who ruined the thread and turned it into being about him and his politics.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:34:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 12:40:01 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Who's Steve ? Tarantino went out of his way to show how compassionate Obama is and we should all take a page from Obama, f that we are all compassionate today for what happened. Every single American with a heart was compassionate for those kids and those families.

You want to say hey Obama had a thoughtfull speech today really hit on a lot of good points here. Check it out. Absolutely I agree. But that's not what QT said.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:47:28 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
Dude, relax. I get that you are not a fan of Obama. But his point was that our President gave a heartfelt speech, much like Bush did after 9-11. No one ever criticized that or Clinton after the OCK Bombings.

It is a damn shame that we live in such a partisan world that we actually get upset about our president shedding tears or showing empathy. We look to our families and leaders in a time of tragedy and sadness and our greatest step up during these times like those I mentioned above or Obama or FDR or Lincoln or on and on....And I have no idea what a QT is either....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:00:17 AM PST
Who's Steve? You've been on these forums for awhile now and you don't know who Steve is? Are you joking or really that oblivious?

You know, Steve (Jingle Bells, Batman Smells), the guy who derails as many threads as possible so that he can spew his political opinions all over the forums and make as many threads as possible about him. The guy who posted an attack on Obama in this thread, which was a classless move considering this tragedy, got called out on it by multiple people, then deleted all his posts because he looked like a fool. If I didn't know any better I would say he and Bittersweet are the same person because BS does the same thing in the BS thread. Well they're both kind of dimwitted so maybe they are the same person.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:42:19 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 15, 2012 5:44:48 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:52:22 AM PST
Well, besides being the subject of the thread, or what?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:55:45 AM PST
I'll take randomly insulting OP for vague reasons for 500, Alex.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:57:18 AM PST
You must love john boehner then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:02:45 AM PST
Banner says:
This is so weird. I just don't understand how you draw these conclusions. And you think Obama is super popular? When half the country votes against him?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:03:50 AM PST
He's super popular with half the country.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:05:21 AM PST
Banner says:
Is he? More so than normal?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:10:08 AM PST
Popularity is always super.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:12:13 AM PST
Banner says:
Lol

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:13:07 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
From what I'm getting from some of these posts is that a man crying some how makes him look weak. Utter nonsense. I've seen some of the most go hard dudes cry and nobody perceived them to be weak due to the fact it's a human emotion. I've cried many times due to losing a close homeboy or family member and if someone wants to perceive me to be weak because of it, then try and pull my card because you have a surprise in store for you. A man being able to show his emotions after a tragedy makes him a real man and to those who think that it makes him look weak, then you've never dealt or been around a real man.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:20:52 AM PST
"I'm not the biggest fan of Obama, but after seeing him cry like that over this event, I have much more respect for him."

you must think Boehner is God then.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:28:11 AM PST
D says:
I haven't cried while talking about this to anyone, but I haven't been involved in the discussion of gun control either. This probably hits close to home for them as parents, and as lawmakers. Look, I know people are saying that no one should be talking about the politics of this but that is not for them to say. If you lost a loved one to a psychopath with an assault rifle, you might not want people to be able to possess assault rifles. Your friends and family might feel that same way as well, but you would be attacked for politicising the issue if you brought that up. Attend a MADD meeting sometime and see how survivors react to sudden horrific tragedies like this. They become political crusaders, and can you blame them?

Consider this, people who say they shouldn't politicize this issue are quite possibly just protecting their politics in regards to this issue. If the NRA releases a statement saying that this isn't the time to bring politics into the discussion, they have brought their politics into the discussion by proactively defending their interests. You can't seperate politics from this discussion.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:29:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 6:29:56 AM PST
what's weak is that weak's derogatory connotation has more primacy than its actual definition.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:56:24 AM PST
It was my reaction to this, other than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mLjKI968g

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:00:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 8:02:36 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions