Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

NRA vs Videogames?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 252 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:40:19 PM PST
Kr155 says:
if our government was carpet bombing US residence I certainly hope MANY people would resist.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:41:22 PM PST
Mallrat says:
That is awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:48:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 1:53:15 PM PST
DVvM says:
Apparently that game only allows you to enter a shooting range and shoot paper targets, sporting clays, and watermelons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRA_Gun_Club

Wikipedia actually has it listed under "non-violent games"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_video_game

Which is to say, I don't see any reason anybody would have an issue with that NRA video game (as it displays responsible use of firearms), nor is it really hypocritical.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:49:43 PM PST
Am I the only one that keeps looking at the thread title and thinking it says "NBA vs Videogames"?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:50:12 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, EA has taken a strong stance against NBA video games for the last two years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:50:14 PM PST
Oh absolutely. Where this started was Johns stated that if the government was just flattening everyone that there wouldn't be too much hope of fighting back. It kinda went off the trail some. Nobody would stand by who had any decency, it's just hope for success would be, well, farfetched. A little thing called being realistic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:50:28 PM PST
Long box PS1 games would finally have an advantage!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:52:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 3:19:42 PM PST
Voice of god says:
If you come up with a way to separate the responsible gun owners from the irresponsible ones and ensure that they follow through with responsible behavior, that'd be a great start. But the NRA has been trying to argue the free market of personal responsibility for years, and it clearly doesn't work.

Your post does remind me of some things, though. Some of the hoops people jump through in Japan before getting licensed to own a hunting rifle or shotgun:
Gun safety course
Shooting proficiency test
Written and psychological exams
Police-verified safe storage (like a gun safe)

Can we at least agree on any of these as no-brainer steps toward safer gun ownership?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:55:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:00:41 PM PST
As long as a prospective license-holder has an adequate time to learn how to shoot BEFORE the test is given, no problem.

Can you think of a way to separate responsible drivers and irresponsible drivers to reduce all of the traffic fatalities in the US by removing the irresponsible ones?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:57:06 PM PST
Kr155 says:
That would be awsome as long as we can do 2 v 2 MJ and Larry bird v Kratos and Masterchief.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:58:11 PM PST
Voice of god says:
I'm sorry your assumption that I like semi-automatic weapons didn't pan out, but I think I've made it pretty clear I don't like pretty much any guns.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:58:34 PM PST
I've got a ten spot on MJ and Larry Bird, as long as we're talking 26 year old versions of those guys.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:00:23 PM PST
Anthony says:
yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:01:30 PM PST
Kr155 says:
Thats an extreme case that I hope never happens but. I would think some of the armed forces in this country would defect and join the rebels bringing weapons with them if it came down to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:10:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:13:01 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, can you give me a reason as to why a bolt, lever, or pump action weapon or a revolver would be permissible while a semi-automatic weapon would not? You understand that the only thing the semi-automatic action does is "eject the spent casing and chamber a new round" and that each shot requires a separate squeeze of the trigger, right?

I mean, it's not like in hunting there are not many situations in which you have cause to fire several shots in short succession.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:10:35 PM PST
Agreed. It is basically about what the NRA promotes. It is unfortunate that reactionary gamers are giving it bad reviews now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:12:06 PM PST
I'm okay with all of those, actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:13:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:16:41 PM PST
Voice of god says:
I don't think you read my post all the way through. Or maybe at all.

Me no like gun. You think me like semi-auto gun. Me no like any gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:14:31 PM PST
A State of Disobedience

This book is basically about that, just more political.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:16:55 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well "let's ban all the guns" isn't even a reasonable perspective on this issue (since it's, for example, unconstitutional).

But if any guns are acceptable, semi-automatic ones probably should be as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:17:20 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
No, no you're not. Especially with that confusing Flopping Rule thread going past occasionally.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:19:43 PM PST
Maybe muzzleloaders?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:19:51 PM PST
Voice of god says:
I don't have the energy to argue with someone whose only interest is arguing with the words he puts in my mouth and not what I actually said. I just don't care.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:22:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:23:50 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, if you're simply "opposed to guns", then either you're simply wrong or you would be happier living in a country that does not guarantee the right to their ownership in the Constitution, no offense intended.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 2:27:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:28:14 PM PST
Voice of god says:
The notion of regulating civilian gun ownership is not contrary to the 2nd Amendment. It's specifically referenced within it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  252
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions