Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

One bad thing about PC gaming

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 2:00:35 PM PST
Well, I backed everything up and did a clean install of my OS to clear up clutter. I started loading my games from Steam and when I copied my saves for Dark Souls, they aren't recognized. At this point, I'm redownloading BL2 and I'm nervous about it not accepting my profile.bin file so the golden keys I've been hoarding will be lost.

I guess this is a good time to start a fresh character on Dark Souls, but it hurts to have lost some of the items that I had gotten. From here on out, I'm going to backup my saves on multiple devices to prevent this from happening again. Before anyone asks, I copied the whole NBGI folder so I should be able to have been able to overlay it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:09:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 2:11:51 PM PST
Doesn't Dark Souls support cloud saves?

EDIT: Nope, it does not. Ouch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:15:30 PM PST
It's all good, it gives me a chance to do a fresh run. The only bad thing about it is running for drops again. Thankfully, I couldn't give a carp about some things that I've collected but others that I really like for various builds(hello, BK halberd) are much more problematic for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:18:19 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
I bet your Golden Keys in Borderlands 2 are fine. I would imagine that they are assigned to your Shift profile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:22:28 PM PST
They aren't, they are stored in your profile.bin file so if you ever do an uninstall, save that file if you have any keys that haven't been used. You don't have to trust me, just do a google search for borderlands 2 golden key file and read the results.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:24:13 PM PST
He's right, they're goners.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:26:38 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Dang, that sucks. I was just guessing since I am playing on the PS3 either way.

Hopefully your keys remain intact though!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:31:53 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I think Dark Souls might do that to keep people from using other peoples saves or whatnot since they are going for the hardcore gamer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:52:06 PM PST
Yeah, stuff like this horrible. Sorry this happened to you.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:36:59 PM PST
SuperHiro says:
Ouch, that just happened to my friend too man. Sorry to hear that
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions