Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4: I love you, BUT...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 8:24:14 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
I love Halo 4, I know I am nitpicking here but I have some time to kill. You have been warned.

Why did you adopt the "everybody wins" model? Can we get a ranking system please? If I play my hardest, get a ton of kills, and win I get 2,800 points. But if I set my controller down, eat a hot pocket, and lose I get 2,500 points wtf?

Also, being able to spawn with a plasma pistol and sticky grenades is ridiculous. It makes vehicles basically useless. Please fix the glitches where you can fall to the bottom of the map with an oddball and win while you're at it.

Oh and the multiplayer maps SUCK. There are probably 2 decent maps and one is a remake. I'm already getting ads on my dashboard for a new map pack and they look exactly the same as the default maps...

Whats with the forerunner weapons? Either they are useless or extremely overpowered.

Forge was AWESOME in Halo Reach, now it seems extremely limited. I spent hours messing around in Reach's forgeworld.

Every time you get in a vehicle in big team battle your teammates throw grenades on you and blow you up. Can you add a boot ability please?

I love the campaign, good job.

//end boredom rant

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:32:41 AM PST
Punk! says:
I love Cortana's butt.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:34:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:35:36 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
Yeah they made Cortana have a ridiculous body. I guess AI's get hotter with age.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:35:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 8:38:08 AM PST
Wait a minute..... You think that Reach's maps are better than Halo 4's??? Considering how much ammo and rate of fire the plasma pistol has, I'd say that they are balance between it and the magnum is very fair, and that applies to the entire selection of weapons. They all have enough different attributes so as to avoid any overpowered confrontations. I haven't messed around with Forge yet though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:39:14 AM PST
P-Nasty says:
I'm a fan of balanced symmetrical maps, not maps where one side has a distinct advantage in capture the flag, etc. I'm talking about the plasma pistol strictly when it comes to vehicles, one shot disables the vehicles and then you spam plasma nades. These used to be power weapons but now you can spawn with them. In forge you can basically just add weapons or vehicles, you can't make a massive structure or w/e else like in Reach.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:44:20 AM PST
it only stuns vehicles,. Besides, it's not as effective in close quarters combat like the magnum. While it's true that plasma grenades can be used, the fact of the matter is that if you're within such a little throwing distance, then you can also hijsack the vehicle. I haven't noticed any clear advantages or disadvantages when it comes to the map design. I honestly think these are some of the best-designed and visually angaging multiplayer maps since Halo 3. Reach's maps were EXTREMELY boring as hell.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 8:46:14 AM PST
As for the point accumulation, that's probably due to alot of distraction assists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 9:04:29 AM PST
AndrewA says:
The ranking system is awesome until you outrank your skills and get crushed every single match

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:38:57 AM PST
aka TRAP says:
love the campaign, hate the multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 2:24:48 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
P, what's up? Haven't seen you in awhile.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:40:52 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 1:47:01 PM PST
None of this has ever happened to me. It sounds like what Gears 2 went through during release.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 2:39:10 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Wait, people here play Halo MP? I thought the majority bought games for their immersive single playz0r campaigns.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:05:57 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Halo 4: I love you, BUT...<<

but, i'm having much more fun playing Firefall Online instead.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:17:51 PM PST
You probably have shitty internet Matthew, or just whine too much. Actually, it's probably both. I love the campaign and multiplayer, lot of fun and plenty of unique things to unlock and more once you hit level 50. Not all maps are great but there are some really good ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:25:35 PM PST
Punk! says:
"Sha Gojyo says:
>>Halo 4: I love you, BUT...<<

but, i'm having much more fun playing MS SUCKS AND YOU ALL DO TO! instead."

Well that's not very nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:33:49 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:23 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:42:06 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:42:22 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
What what

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:13:32 AM PST
FOGE says:
Its the Hot/Crazy line. You must be equally hot as you are crazy. As she grows more "rampant" she gets hotter.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:18:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:20:48 AM PST
Punk! says:
Dude, I have been with so many crazy chicks, and for some reason the crazy makes them hotter. I married a smart girl though.

So to sum up: Cortana = Hit it and quit it, but don't go raw dog.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:19:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
I just cyber with Cortana.

Yeah, crazy girls are always the best lays.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:21:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:23:17 AM PST
Beau H. says:
Simple, they made the multiplayer easier and more accessible so more people would play it, thus increasing sales.

Halo has long been the bane of the younger crowd because it's not as fast paced and twitchy as CoD or BF. If you've spent your entire video game career playing nothing but fast paced military shooters with gun unlocks, kill streaks and sprinting then past iterations of Halo would be boring to you. Halo is a lot slower and it often takes a lot more than a misplaced shot to kill an opponent...you practically have to empty your whole clip into them and then slap them with the butt of your rifle (unless you're playing SWAT).

I can see how this would be unappealing to the Mountain Dew and twitch generation.

That said, though, I love Halo way more than any of the military shooters. In my opinion, it's a lot more fun. I was sad to learn that 343 basically sold out and made a CoD clone with Halo 4's MP. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:23:24 AM PST
FOGE says:
Add Halo 4 to the list of games corrupted by CoD alongside Killzone 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:25:42 AM PST
Punk! says:
This is true, but Halo 4 is still better than CoD. For that matter so is Killzone 3.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd8a43b20)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions