Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

to all you trophy/achievement hunters, or people that wanted cod to have online trophies your wish came true

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 10:46:16 AM PST
Sars says:
there are a couple trophies/achievments for online, one of them is to prestege one time.

what to yall think about this. I quit trophy hunting ever since i had my son, just not enough time anymore.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:48:20 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Online trophies = fail

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:49:12 AM PST
Seconded.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:50:17 AM PST
Considering the huge amount of online play the series gets, it's hardly surprising. The worst thing about it though, is that you require a XBL Gold subscription if you want to 100% it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:52:12 AM PST
yeah that sucks... I hate halo online achievements

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:53:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:53:31 AM PST
love trophies.

HATE online trophies. On the xbox, if there is an online trophy, you have to pay money to get it as GarionOrb already mentioned. BS if you ask me

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:55:34 AM PST
jtshiel says:
If you are a died hard trophy hunter you will gladly pay M$ the 35-50 dollars a year for your cheevos. Only poor people can't get over the pay wall™

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:55:43 AM PST
Sars says:
yeah i agree, but im sure only 10 percent of the people who buy cod buy it for its single player. I dont like online trophies to get the platinum. I think they should add them in like uncharted does. so people who do play online can earn the trophies, and people who dont play online can still get the platinum

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:57:04 AM PST
Did you just say Cheevos?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:57:15 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Find a person who wants online Trophies/Achievements.

Congratulations, you've discovered a psychopath.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:03:53 AM PST
I'm not sure what scares me more. Online Achievment/Trophies. Or People who buy games they hate JUST to "pad" their useless score number/trophy count.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:04:56 AM PST
FOGE says:
Prestiging one time should always have been a trophy. Its not that hard to do and it wont change the way people play online. Im ok with this. Now if it had something like go 25-0 in a match. Youd see people cheating and ruining the game. At least theres nothing like "Dont be Like Marty"

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:07:18 AM PST
I apparently don't have the same disdain that most of the VGF does about online achievements...I wish that more games had them.

Sounds like it fits for this game seeing as how it's very multiplayer-centric.

I'm sure that Halo 4 will have a few as well.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:09:17 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I am not a CoD fan and the only reason I'd buy CoD is for the multiplayer so it would make total sense to have online trophies. What sucks though is games that are not primarily MP games and have a bunch of MP trophies, forcing you to play online if you want those trophies.

If you are looking for a bad example of online trophies, look at the DLC Red Dead Redemption trophies. I am not sure they are "bad" trophies per se but some are so hard that the only way to get them is to find a boosting partner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:13:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 11:15:12 AM PST
Ann Perkins says:
Personally I find anyone that is interested in trophies or achievements to have a few screws loose. I don't think adding the online requirement has any impact on that, people that actually value their gamerscore have either already achieved every goal they had in life or gave up on achieving them long ago. There is no in between.

That said, I don't care whether online achievements are becoming popular, I don't bother hitting 100% on most games because by that time I've mostly emptied them of all discovery and fun anyhow, why stick with a game I'm burnt out on just for a few gamerscore points?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:34:12 AM PST
I think it's the fact that to get them, you HAVE to pay more money to do so. At least on the PS3 online trophies can be gotten for free, not so on the xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:41:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
When did the VGF become so "SONY>M$"? When I first came here is a fairly even battle. Did everyone convert? Or did the xbots leave?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:53:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 12:35:51 PM PST
...But is getting every achievement in a game a necessity?

I can somewhat see why people go bananas over PS3 trophies since getting all of them grants you a special version of a trophy. On 360 achievement points are the same - regardless of whether or not you've got them all.

Who cares if you are missing 1 out of 50? Why are people so buttsore about optional achievements which provide little-no monetary value?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:55:32 AM PST
jtshiel says:
They are obviously important to some people, a guy on my local craigslist said he will get a platinum or perfect gamer score for anyone who wants to pay him cash to do it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:00:30 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
They're fun and adds additional challenge/replay value...when I had the time to care for them. Now with lack of time plus big backlog, I just move on to the next game instead of cleaning up trophies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:00:48 PM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, I definitely care more about completing on PS3 than 360 for said reasons. I honestly just do it when its fun though. Im not gonna waste my time doing something I hate.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:31:39 PM PST
meh...i don't play for trophies

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:38:49 PM PST
"Personally I find anyone that is interested in trophies or achievements to have a few screws loose."

People who pursue a series of objectives in a completely fictional setting = sane
People who pursue additional, optional objectives in a completely fictional setting = insane

Got it. <writes it down>

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:24:31 PM PST
Sars says:
I love trophies, but i wont grind for 100 hours to get one trophy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:36:39 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I agree - as silly as it is to want the achievent, it's worse to ask for money from those silly people to let them have a shot at getting it.

Online trophies are dumb. But, if the trophy was just to try out the online modes I'm almost fine with that - I think that's what Uncharted does now. Obviously still need an internet connection though.

But with the whole XBL Gold thing - well, on a multiplat I guess you've got the option to get it on PS3 (weak excuse I know). On an exclusive, they really should provide a trial period of Gold with the game and make the achievements reasonably doable within that period. Then it wouldn't be so bad.

Look at me, trying to make excuses for online achievements and floundering all over the place. Just get rid of them!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions