Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Video games are too violent: another stupid fox article to annoy you...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 160 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:57:10 AM PST
FOGE says:
A) South Park is set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Its meant as a warning for the wrongs a society could commit. Its non-fiction.
B) I sound like a jerk cause I am one.
C) Religious values are fine. I think people should do good to one another because its the right thing to do. We shouldnt need a dead superhuman telling us to do this. We shouldnt do this out of fear of eternal damnation. (crappy game that I dont want to play eternally) We should do this because we know that it would better everyone's lives regardless of what happens to our soul in death.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:58:48 AM PST
Oh, I like South Park from time to time, but I take it for what it is.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:59:17 AM PST
R. Typo says:
I think both sides of this argument are starting to annoy most people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:59:27 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Ohfking shadow people broke into my garage when I was a kid and stole my Vectrex. I'm still pissed about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:00:02 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
Again, that is what Christanity teaches. People also forget animals when they think of doing the right thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:01:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:01:50 AM PST
FOGE says:
Animals? Are you one of those hippies that doesnt eat meat? Or just think that we should eat meat, but not hunt?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:02:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:02:37 AM PST
My dear, you sound like a sweet lady. Trust me, I share your view that Christianity is wonderful. I know first hand.

However, you are making no sense whatsoever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:03:02 AM PST
Don't even get me started on the Illuminati....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:03:54 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Christ, I know. Those guys really know how to throw a party though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:05:23 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
How is killing and torchuring animals for fun or food the way of the Bible? The Bible gives directions on how meat should be killed and prepared for food but most people ignore it. I don't eat meat anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:05:47 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
What are you views on the New World Order?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:11:50 AM PST
FOGE says:
Torturing*

You need to lighten up on this bible thing. If you want to live your life by, then by all means, proceed. But do NOT expect everyone else to live this regimented, strict, ancient lifestyle.

1. Deuteronomy 25:11-12
NASB

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:13:00 AM PST
Aliens.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:13:59 AM PST
In all fairness, Foge, Deuteronomy is OT Jewish law that was only applicable to the Jews. Although it's part of the Bible, it's not applicable today.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:15:39 AM PST
Whoa, whoa, whoa...no one said anything about killing animals for fun. But the Bible does have many instances where animals were killed for food, or in the case of the Jews, for sacrifices.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:16:18 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
I never said I expected everyone to live by the Bible. For starters, it is not an ancient lifestyle. I just said I think it would be beneficial for the principles to be taught in schools. Also, you can't just take one part of the Bible and use it to justify a point (which is what you are doing here), you have to look at the whole context.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:17:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:18:48 AM PST
Ice King says:
So if two guys are fighting and one guy's wife grabs the other guy's junk (I guess to break them up?), she deserves to have her hand cut off?

This is oddly specific. I wonder if the guy who wrote it had just gotten back from a similar situation and was still sore.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:19:50 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
I agree. There were certain restrictions on how an animal should be killed for food which is forgotten today. God did not say it was okay to kill animals because man thought there were too many of one animal in the world (dogs, cats, etc), for sport, or for entertainment. Also, the meat man was to consume had to be clean.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:20:06 AM PST
Can we get back on topic please?

...so how 'bout them Knicks?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:20:29 AM PST
FOGE says:
I know. I was just pointing out some amusing lines in the bible. Most of what I say is either satire or humor. Youll learn that.

Btw: I dont recognize you. You must be new. And you won me over with the Aliens post. One of my favorite memes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:20:51 AM PST
Ice King says:
Sports are too violent.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:23:00 AM PST
FOGE says:
Not ancient! According to biblical beliefs, nothing is more ancient than the biblical lifestyle.

I think it can be taught in some schools. Teaching it in all schools, infringes on the rights of others. Its a first amendment issue.

Also, I should point out, that though I have a lot of problems with the modern day church, Im actually a fairly strong Christian. I believe a lot of what you do. But Im a big picture guy. I understand my beliefs arent shared by all, and I dont want to force it upon others who are unwilling to follow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:23:48 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
You must not fully understand the Bible if you think it is amusing. I also think you insulted some people on here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:25:30 AM PST
I have made a friend, and you have made a friend, and we are friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:26:33 AM PST
As the scriptures say: "...be at peace with all men." You and me, as Christians, should be practicing that. :-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  160
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions