Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dang! Black Ops Declassified has a Metacritic Score of 29!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 111 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 9:02:38 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Its not a surprise that it wasn't going to fare well with critic reviews, but man that's abysmal.

On the user reviews it is averaging a sub mediocre score of 6.3

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:05:03 AM PST
Like I said before, no wonder the developers changed their studio name.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:06:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 9:07:22 AM PST
It isn't getting slammed by user reviews on amazon. Granted most of the reviewers do not know how to spell or use grammar correctly.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:07:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 9:07:35 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
But it's a home console experience on a handheld!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:07:28 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
Read Jeff Gerstmann's review on Giant Bomb not too long ago. Sounds really, really bad.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:13:51 AM PST
prsmooth says:
They actually outdid Resistance Burning Skies in regards to score.

At least Resistance Burning Skies is a serviceable FPS on the Vita. I got it for $20 and thought the SP campaign was good. Nothing stellar or memorable , but good enough if you had a FPS itch when on the go. If I had to rate it, I would give it a 7.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:17:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 9:18:19 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I dunno what happened with the last update but now the MP is saying Insufficient Nat and is umplayable at my work. I had same issue with Burning Skies MP. Other online functions and access work fine.

Vita is a PITA sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:19:16 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The fact that the Vita has a game is working wonders for it on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:19:37 AM PST
Black Ops Declassified is the new Superman 64.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:37:31 AM PST
That's true to several other games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:03:01 AM PST
L says:
It's the new ET

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:03:57 AM PST
Who won, I said 54... I know Fox said 56...

And we both overbid, lmao.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:04:07 AM PST
Mel says:
vita dooomed

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:05:11 AM PST
Now the overpriced Vita bundle is going to sell like s***. Because you know, rich soccer moms in the USA care about the metacritic score.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:58:37 AM PST
It really sucks for Sony that this game was just phoned in by Activision. Talk about wasted potential. Guess that's also a case for Nihilistic never being taken seriously again, and judging by their sudden name change and focus change, they knew it too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:02:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:02:31 PM PST
This is the other side of the coin when Sony was talking about having trouble attracting third parties to the Vita. Even when a publisher can be talked into making a Vita game, there's no guarantee they're going to put significantly time or effort (which translates to "money") into the process. Nor should they, honestly. No reason to spend $30m developing a game you can only sell to about 3m people.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:04:40 PM PST
Aside from four fantastic games (Uncharted: GA, Gravity Rush, Unit 13, LBP Vita), the Vita has been wasted potential. It really can be the best handheld on the market, but no developer actually has any faith in the platform.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:07:03 PM PST
Well, it's not in anybody's best interest to sell people on "buy the Vita" except for Sony. Activision, EA, Capcom etc. don't really benefit if the Vita succeeds, so they have no particular incentive to help the Vita succeed.

The failure to sell people on the Vita lies squarely on Sony. If there were 10m Vitas out there instead of like 3m, it would be a lot easier for Activision to make a decent CoD Vita.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:18:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:18:34 PM PST
"The failure to sell people on the Vita lies squarely on Sony. If there were 10m Vitas out there instead of like 3m, it would be a lot easier for Activision to make a decent CoD Vita."

Very much this. It's really not a difficult recipe. 1. Make a good piece of new hardware. 2. Make sure you have enough first party "must haves" to sell the console. 3. With the sales numbers up, show your third party devs love and help them advertise on the platform. Make their games easy to get on your digital service. 4. The obligatory ???? 5. Profit.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:22:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:26:21 PM PST
This blows my mind, truly. I liked Burning Skies. The single player wasn't perfect but it was fun. I enjoyed the story, though it wasn't super deep or anything, but it was interesting enough and had characters, a feeling of real progression, etc.

It's a shame Declassified is worse by a full 31% on Metacritic, offering a flimsy, less than 1 hour single player with really no true progression, just Ops missions that don't keep the player's interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:24:19 PM PST
Mel says:
shortest game ever? How did it score so high? should get a zero

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:25:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:25:48 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Sony is to blame for not making price concessions on the hardware and memory. The Vita has as good a lineup as the 3DS for it's 1st year. Nintendo made the cut and got the sales and the 3rd party support has kicked in for the 2nd year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:28:50 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
EA has put out some decent software on the Vita that no one seems to care about. Most Wanted was reviewed well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:30:56 PM PST
"offering a flimsy, less than 1 hour single player with really no true progression, just Ops missions that don't keep the player's interest."

This is what baffles me. In what universe did Activision think this was ok?

And thus, here is another problem I have with portable editions of games. Stop giving us watered down, bite-sized missions. How about the promised "full console experience on the go"? A standard Call of Duty campaign would still work perfectly on the Vita. Same fluid controls, and standard-length missions with the same generous checkpoints as the consoles...how hard is that?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:39:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:40:56 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6hAOgLaM8c

Sony's own marketing campaign is : 'Introducing Call of Duty Multiplayer on the Playstation Vita'

For all we wanted and expected a CoD campaign or a full console port, i don't recall anywhere one was promised in the first place.

For $50, it IS a ripoff.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  111
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions