Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Question about the ps3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 4:37:41 AM PST
Harmicky says:
That sound indicates that the system is getting really hot (which is why the fan is running at full speed). Although Fonz is probably right that no damage has been done, if I were you, when it starts really going like that turn it off and give it a break. Also, after you vacuum out the fan, you might want to look for a more ventilated area to keep your system. Do you have it in some type of enclosure right now?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:21:41 AM PST
Make certain the back end has full ventilation. Turn it backwards if you have to.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:36:11 PM PST
If you have the phat, expect leaf blower sounds any day now. Or do you have the super slim/slim? I know the original slim was moderately louder than usual when my buddy was playing battlefeiid 3 online.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:23:43 PM PST
What an excellent idea. If I could somehow forward you the necessary documentation, would you sign something indicating that you never had this idea?

*sly grin while eyeing an early retirement*

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:23:03 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
I won't now, thanks for the info guys

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:21:25 PM PST
A customer says:
Ha. When I saw the word vacuum, I immediately thought of tubes. Could you imagine a modern console powered by vacuum tubes? That would be sick. Hey, could be the future.

Right. I get that every now and then. It goes away eventually, no harm done. If it's a slim, I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:18:59 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
All praise to be the fonz, thanks I was hoping it wasn't gonna burn up on me. I have had the ps3 in the same location for the last two years and has never done this before it had me worried.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:05:33 PM PST
My advice: use a low-powered vacuum attachment or dust-buster over the rear console air vents to remove interior dust build up.

See if that makes any difference. Also, it's a fairly safe bet that no interior damage to the system will occur unless it overheats and shuts itself down. Improve the ventilation of the console and see if it helps at all.

Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 9:58:57 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
I was playing black ops 2 tonight and after about two hours of playing online, the fan became very loud inside the ps3. Should I be concerned?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Can someone tell me why it is or isnt possible for each console game to have individual control scheme. 20 9 minutes ago
Splatoon Direct Contents Allegedly Leaked 27 25 minutes ago
OT: The Fight 100 53 minutes ago
OT: Hero cop guns down two psychos bent on murder in the name of Islam 18 54 minutes ago
The PS4 Continues To Dominate Sales In 2015, I Think RROD Played A Bigger Factor Than People Think. 49 1 hour ago
Xbox revenues down 24% for Microsoft's third quarter largely due to the Xbox One price cut 98 1 hour ago
The End Of An Era? BLOPS III Is Not Even Cracking The Top 20 On Steam's Sales Chart 43 2 hours ago
Humble Mobile Bundle 12 includes Monument Valley and Spaceteam 1 2 hours ago
Why Half-Life 2 is overrated 99 2 hours ago
OT: If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. 6375 2 hours ago
OT: 2015 NBA playoffs! 367 2 hours ago
Weekend Gaming Recap and Weekly Gaming 5/4-5/8. 75 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions