Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Do you like to bad mouth online?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 10:13:40 PM PST
Gamer Dude says:
So I was playing PlayStation All-Stars today with a PSN friend... He invited me to his game and there were 2 other guys as well. They all had mics except for me (mine wasn't working for whatever reason).

Anyway a few games passed and they were complimenting each other, but continually talking crap about me more and more. It got to the point where the 2 of them were constantly insulting me calling me names for no reason. I didn't get butt hurt but it was definitely irritating. I do 'smack talk' all the time but in a friendly manner, not in a way that's straight up bullying.

I won with 13 kills on the last match and finally quit after so much of it. They were mocking my player saying 'ooooh he's using 2 hit combos!'... Well guess what, all Sackboy can do is 2 and 3 hit combos. And no, I didn't spam projectiles the whole time.

So why do some people enjoy ganging up on one player and bash them? Are you one of those players?

I know that some people like to play video games after a long or bad day, so I try to be laid back when playing online. It just seems to ruin the game for others.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:52:13 AM PST
AmmmY says:
Its a b--itch move.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:55:07 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
There's no way someone was acting like a dbag on PSN. The VGF has taught me these people only exist on XBL.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:59:37 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:31:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:09:52 PM PST
user22 says:
I like to good mouth when I'm bad mouth'd. Especially when someone takes the time to send me a message, I reply with something nice at random, like "Cool!", "Awesome kill!" or "Good game, bro!" even if it doesn't make sense in reply to what they said.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:40:08 PM PST
I prolly would in NCAA if I had mic and I was up big and someone was doing troll stuff (calling time outs when theyre down by 28, pausing excessively, etc) A few guys do that and I really wish I could talk some crap and be like yea jokes on u I beat your ass by 28 pts. Its also funny beating people who have mics on. I was up by 21 in madden a few months ago and im running the clock out and this guy is flipping at me to snap the ball

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:44:02 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Kids on Call of Duty love to trash talk don't they?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:40:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 1:40:29 PM PST
Gomb says:
After I kill someone in DayZ, I will typically go on the mic and inform them periodically about what I am doing with all their items that I looted off of the corpse. Things like "I am eating your can of beans now", "I am skinning a sheep with your hunting knife", or "I am refueling a vehicle using your jerry can" seem to drive people to absolute rage considering how much time it takes to accumulate the survival gear.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:49:45 PM PST
"Things like "I am eating your can of beans now""

Ok now that's hilarious. If you did that to me I would be cracking up and give you props. It's the people who start calling you every racial slur imaginable and squeaking like mice that I can't stand. One guy blew up my expensive Black Ops ship in EVE and then sent me enough money to cover the loss and more. His message said: "I do not show mercy, don't enter my territory again." That was really badass, and made me respect his skills way more than a quip about my mom having relations with farm animals.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:52:45 PM PST
DVvM says:
I don't play multiplayer games online.

But when I do, I don't ever talk. Ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:59:25 PM PST
I mostly mute my headset, or play with a group of friends, so no. I never badmouth my friends, either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 2:01:44 PM PST
Exactly the reason why I strongly dislike online play in video games.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 1:07:02 AM PST
Nicos says:
Only if people are being jerks first. And they have to actually really irritate me before I start talking back. I don't do it anywhere NEAR as much as I did when I was a younger man. I caused some pretty epic meltdowns which resulted in both parties getting perma-banned. The other person for their meltdown and me for instigating the meltdown.

Fun times!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 1:11:37 AM PST
I never insult anyone or really talk shit. If someone is trying to really hurt my feelings, which is stupid, I'll just mumble back random statements. For example, "Hey, text me a picture of your dad's hairy tits. I bet they're nice." Just about every time it makes them laugh or at least shut up.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:50:17 AM PST
I don't ever see the need to swear or bad mouth people on OR offline. All it does is show how childish most of the players out there really are, and if there is no mute mic option, then the game creators failed miserably. 50% of the time it's just a jerk or a kid, the other 50% of the time it's not understandable as to what they are even saying, just random shouting and static noise. This applies to Xbox, PSN and PC.

If I ever do choose to play a game online, which is rare, i just mute either them or the game if muting players isn't an option. They don't cause me to make mistakes, they don't effect my game playing in any way, just my enjoyment of it. My favorite part is that I would guess more than 70% of the time, they talk smack but can't back it up and then when i destroy them they call me a cheater and a hacker...

My second favorite part is when I get kicked off a server for being "too good." Once when I was playing Quake 4 online, My gun of choice is the railgun, and I tend to get a lot of people with it in melee range... I was kicked for killing too many.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:23:38 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 5:33:57 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:25:21 AM PST
So true, and still... so sad. I fear for their futures.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:26:07 AM PST
Nice. How much was the ship worth?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:28:28 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 5:36:43 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:28:32 AM PST
Heck, when I was playing MK9 online, I would congrat the other person if they were doing good. Bad sports, I say.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:29:36 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, I'll generally try if possible to create a sense of sportsmanship. I'll usually find someone to compliment at the very least at the end of a match, or if someone really gets a good kill on me. I do totally cuss, though. "Whoah, dude, that was a ohfking awesome headshot!"

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:30:34 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Hah, that's amazing.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:33:29 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Nope, the guys I play with on Black Ops 2 use the n word, say penis every 15 seconds, and they are all 20-25 years old. Can't stand it, but they are good and I rank up fast with them. There's nothing worse then playing with a bunch of rando's. I just keep my mic muted or off lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:42:52 AM PST
I typically ignore those who just ramble on about stupid and possibly annoying whatevers, but rarely mute them. However, the two types that instantly get muted are music spammers and the little suburban white kids who recently started calling each other the n-word.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:43:07 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
The amaaaaazing Raaaaandooooo!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Her bewbs may not be much to write home about, but she gives one great Amazon Monkeybar 9263 23 seconds ago
I kind of wish I'd gotten an Xbox One over PS4.... 51 3 minutes ago
Thoughts on the Halo & Gears Of War series? 115 3 minutes ago
What's so great about the Ghost Edition of Destiny? 3 3 minutes ago
Global Top Sellers 28th June 2014 Software 6 4 minutes ago
Destiny Ghost - All Editions Wal-Mart 10 6 minutes ago
Microsoft CEO signals change, first major layoffs since 2009. 11 11 minutes ago
The problem Keith Burnett is that you have a micro$oft micro$haft up your bung hole fool!!! 1 13 minutes ago
PC build question 22 18 minutes ago
OT: Things You Found Cool As a Child 52 33 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 7/11-7/13 48 47 minutes ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 28th June 2014. Xbox One Price Cut Failure. PS4 Domination Continues.... 71 48 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions