Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The History Channel "Vikings"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2013 7:55:27 PM PDT
Peter Faden says:
Anybody watching this? I watched the first two episodes this weekend and was really quite impressed. I dont know about the historical accuracy per se, but the show is really well done and the characters are very interesting.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:06:47 PM PDT
I'm utterly interested, but without le cable, I am without an option for viewing that will tell network execs "Hey, buddy! Don't you get down on yourself. I care man. I care. Let's hug it out."

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:11:00 PM PDT
I think it's pretty great. I'm kind of bothered that "the Bible" gets 2 hours (ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL) And this only gets one, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 9:13:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 9:17:57 PM PDT
Ha, my parents were watching The Bible. Didn't look very interesting, in my opinion.

I wonder if there are video games that take Viking influence. I know there are plenty that take Nordic influences, although not necessarily well (Too Human, I'm looking at you).

EDIT: Wait a second, did I forget Skyrim? Argh! *facepalm*

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 9:19:42 PM PDT
I really wish they'd invite "ALIENS" guy to work on that Bible thingawichit.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:25:01 PM PDT
LMAO, The Bible is hilariously dumb. The set and costume designs are good for the most part (Satan looks like Drth Sidious's meth addicted brother though), but overall, it's been a MASSIVE disappointment. Vikings is SOOO much better.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:42:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 9:44:21 PM PDT
On episode two before they set sail Rollo (the main characters brother) rapes a young blond girl. Who was this? His niece? The blacksmith's daughter?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 11:39:56 PM PDT
AmbientGreen says:
Yeah Peter, really enjoying this quite a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 12:49:45 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Viking: Battle for Asgard. Current gen. Actually a really great, underrated game. Sort of open-ish world God of War-alike, with stealth elements and epic battles with hundreds of onscreen enemies and allies.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 1:10:40 AM PDT
SOLD.

I dunno. Looks pretty interesting. I'll give this one a look.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 3:43:23 AM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Been watching Bible and DVR'ng Viking to watch on Monday nights. Wife and I are pretty hooked. Great show, the king and his wife are fantastic antagonists. The relationship/dynamic with the time bomb brother adds another sick layer to the show as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 4:08:39 AM PDT
Peter Faden says:
I think it was the blacksmiths daughter.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 4:34:53 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I remember that game being insanely frustrating. I made it to the final boss, but never could beat her.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 4:37:12 AM PDT
God, yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 4:39:19 AM PDT
Wait, wait.

They're actually treating The Bible as literal? Like, Satan actually exists?

This seems irresponsible for the so-called History Channel to do, but I guess they needed SOMETHING after they couldn't run 2012 crap anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 4:45:25 AM PDT
Peter Faden says:
The History channel hasnt always been the most reputable. We used to call it the Hitler channel because all the programing for quite some time was about WWII, 70 years after the fact, lol, and quite a bit of their programming is speculative at best as a whole. So....the Bible....par for the course. Still, they have some good shows as well, and so they redeem themselves a bit.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 5:04:48 AM PDT
I tried looking it up on my cable box last night but apparently the portuguese dont get vikings. Of course I could have just not known the portuguese spelling for it. I suppose it could be hit or miss.

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 7:21:29 AM PDT
I watched half of the first episode and couldn't get into it.
Doesn't look orignal or really interesting. Basically game of thrones with Vikings.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 12:17:45 PM PDT
Peter Faden says:
You can buy each episode here on Amazon. they also have two free sneak peeks to help you decide.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 7:01:50 PM PDT
I may end up going that route, since it means I can still watch it on my TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 7:42:46 PM PDT
C.W. says:
Seconded. Fantastic game that I'm so glad I bought for $10 when Circuit City closed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 10:25:05 PM PDT
google "project free tv"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 4:18:30 AM PDT
I suppose I will have to look into it then.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 5:47:35 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I'll watch anything with the "ALIENS" guy.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:59:28 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
I watched the first 2 episodes of this last night and enjoyed it. Started out like a pretty standard basic cable Scandinavian Game of Thrones, but I think it has the potential to turn into something unique. The raid on the monastery was kind of unsettling - you know these guys are going to be vikings here but they're also the main characters so it's a different dynamic. The production values are great. For some reason I really like the Odin visions from the main character and his knowing little smirk.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions