Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I never played any of the Metroid games.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-45 of 45 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:28:25 AM PST
new Tron says:
Play Super Metroid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:30:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 9:31:26 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I think it's one of those Wiis that couldn't play GC games.
And I hope it still works haha, if not then I would have to buy the Wii game and save up some money for the Wii U, which I was going to get anyway. It all depends on the life of the old Wii!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:32:38 AM PST
Is it black? I have two Wii's, a white one and a black one. The black doesn't have GC compatibility, only got it because the White one stopped reading discs, but that one will still let me play VC games with my GC controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:35:11 AM PST
My main problem with it is that they were heralding it as a return to form, and it's honestly more of a Mega Man game than it is a Sonic game. Sonic 06 was truer to the classic Sonic formula than S4E1. The gameplay might be tolerable, I honestly don't know. The rage and bitter disappointment keep me from being anything like objective.

And Sonic 06 also has an edge on it in that it was much more entertainingly bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:38:14 AM PST
There are both black and white GC-compatible and GC-incompatible Wiis, so color isn't going to be a significant indicator. If you wanna be sure, check to see if it has a flap on one of the narrow sides that's hiding the GC controller ports and memory card slots.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:38:29 AM PST
K. Wendt says:
Don't play Metroid: Other M and you'll enjoy the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:39:31 AM PST
My black Wii doesn't have the flap.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:43:35 AM PST
UziHorowitz says:
Fusion and Prime are my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:26:51 AM PST
M. Lewis says:
"only got it because the White one stopped reading discs,"

You can fix that yourself if you are so inclined. Replacement DVD drives specifically for the Wii are available here on Amazon for about $26 and just the laser lens for about $12.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:40:21 AM PST
pyroguy says:
"Super Metroid" is truly the best game in the entire franchise, and I would highly recommend (as others on here already pointed out) playing this first

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:47:49 AM PST
M. Lewis says:
I also enjoyed Super Metroid. If you have a GBA or DS I would also recommend Zero Mission.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:55:39 AM PST
Zero says:
If you were to get the metroid prime games, I would definately look for the trilogy over the gamecube versions. The aiming for the Prime games on the wii feels more natural and is simply much more fluid and easier to control than having to hold the R button to aim with the gamecube controller. Its weird, the Prime games are not my most favorite games, yet they are the closest games I have seen come to perfection in my opinion. I have a very hard time trying to find flaws or anything I dislike about the Prime games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:58:16 AM PST
pyroguy says:
this is the only game in the series that I can complete just barely over the 2-hour mark, but that was possible after watching someone's complete walkthrough on YouTube, and learning about the various shortcuts that can be taken as well as getting some items early (like using the Mockball trick at the very beginning of Brinstar to gain both a Reserve Tank and Super Missiles early)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:04:17 AM PST
M. Lewis says:
Impressive but once you become familiar enough with the game you can get fast times like that without tricks

years ago when I first owened a SNES and Super Metroid I was able to complete the game in less than three hours with 100% item collection and no tricks. If I didn't care about item collection I could get my time down to less than an hour and a half. The Nintendo strategy guide was a big help with this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:12:14 AM PST
pyroguy says:
However, the YouTuber i'm referring to, is a guy named Desbreko who uploaded the entire walkthrough on his channel, and he's crazy good at it (got 100% Item Collection and beat the game just under 84-minutes). It was because of his walkthrough that I was able to beat the game in 2-hours

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:13:56 AM PST
We tried using the official cleaning kit, didn't work.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:11:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 12:13:06 PM PST
Prime 1 and Super Metroid are tied IMO. Prime 2, zero mission, and fusion are incredible. Prime 3 and Hunters are good. I haven't played pinball or Return of Samus. And if you intend to play the Prime games, it's just like Zero said, pick up the trilogy collection for Wii. The motion controls actually improve the gameplay in every way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:16:33 AM PST
Xavier 7 says:
Play the whole series. Every game is exceptional in its own way. I even enjoyed Other M to an extent.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:18:01 AM PST
Xavier 7 says:
Enhance your calm.

Every big Nintendo franchise has its black sheep title. i.e. Zelda II and SMB2. Other M is just that for Metroid. It's hard to always be perfect.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:30:36 PM PST
He really does need to accept that Other M happened to be the black sheep. It's more healthy to focus on the good Metroid games more than the ONE bad game.

Also, I consider Mario Kart Wii the worst Mario game, but you don't see me posting how much I hate it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions