Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demon's Souls -- Phantoms, where art thou...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 2067 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2010 2:50:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2010 2:51:33 PM PDT
lol, you knock him down with a Dragonbone Smasher and wait for him to get back up. It's funny cuz the guy I soulsucked thought he died and sent me nerd rage messages. He probably didn't know he was still alive cuz he just stood there so I soulsucked him.

There's quite a few people who actually intends to get their souls sucked. The guy I got my +5 bladestone weapon from got me soulsucked for a trade.

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 5:36:41 AM PDT
I believe that Atlus said that the servers will be up "at least" until 2011. I'm not sure about the month quoted, but I believe that it's either March or May. That isn't the same thing as an assigned close date. It's just them saying that support will continue until then and a decision will probably be made when that gets closer, probably based on sales and server usage.

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 6:24:13 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
It was only $10 more, think it was only available for a short time at launch. You can probably find it off of Ebay.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2010 6:25:58 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
My first playthrough took almost exactly 40 hours, and thats doing all the WT events, farming a lot for components, and getting the All unique weapons/items trophy.

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 3:58:09 PM PDT
I finally finished Demon's Souls! Well my first playthrough at least! I had 87 hours played and I was soul level 122! It was tough I can't see how people have beat it in half that time!
I finished it in hopes of being able to put it down and finish other games I've been trying to finish but I immediately started my second playthrough!
I'm going to force myself to stop now at least for a little while.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 6:29:56 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I finally started playing Demon's Souls yesterday. Its too early in the game for me to say anything definitive, but after playing for about 3 hours last night, so far I really like it and am finding myself really looking forward to getting home and playing it again. It's obvious there's so much to know and learn about the game. I can tell it'll be a fun one to sink my teeth into. I love games like this.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 6:42:47 AM PDT
T. Ferg says:
I am planning on starting DS after Oblivion, but I am having so much fun with Obliv who knows when thatll be.

Spoiler I guess

I just did the mission in the Dark Brotherhood quest where you have to kill all the members. So much fun, and all the loot.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 6:45:20 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
Dark Brotherhood and The Thieves' Guild quest are amazing.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 6:49:11 AM PDT
Prankster says:
I finally ordered the game. And that's purely because of all the discussions you guys have been having.

*looks at DDustiNN, Smittey, Jose and AFL*

I can't wait to start. But I hope it plays out more like action/adventure rather than RPG.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 6:49:45 AM PDT
T. Ferg says:
Havent joined the Thieves Guild yet but I will.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 6:50:40 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
it does man, it's all real time, the only real rpg elements are spending souls on stat increases heh.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 6:52:13 AM PDT
Prankster says:
That's a good start to the game already then, heh.

I have watched a lot of videos for the game and in 720p the atmosphere is simply stunning. I have 5 new games coming but this is the one I start first.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 6:55:39 AM PDT
new Tron says:
@Prankster - maybe its because I'm a long time gamer and was raised on JRPG's and PC WRPG's, but it seems to me that the term "RPG" is used alot more loosely now, where as before it used to define a more specific type of game. With that said, to me, Demon's Souls is more an action/adventure game with RPG elements.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 6:58:22 AM PDT
Prankster says:
I have never played RPGs but I just can't seem to put any interest in them. Sometimes they just feel overwhelming. I do knnow this game has a lot of customization and stuff but something about it just feels different from your run of the mill RPGs/JRPGs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 7:02:17 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
There is an event/side-quest system that is pretty in depth/obscure, with regards to world and character tendency, but I'd just recommend focusing on the main game first and if you wanna tackle that stuff just use the wiki.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 7:04:25 AM PDT
Prankster says:
Ohhh, so that's what everyone keeps talking about. Yeah, I'd much rather play the main game along with the MP. That's something I'd like to try out since everyone raves about it. Boy, I can't wait. Yay!

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 8:14:53 AM PDT
Iso says:
This game would have been the biggest pain without the wiki.

You are supposed to bring a hot soul to a dude hidden in 2-1, WTF?!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 8:26:42 AM PDT
Prankster says:
LMAO ! That is funny.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 8:30:30 AM PDT
new Tron says:
LOL Iso....that's my good laugh for the day. THanks!

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 8:37:44 AM PDT
I need to pick this game up again. I beat Phalanx and am to the tower knight. :/ I got pissed and quit playing lol.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 9:07:13 AM PDT
Melacanth says:
March 2011 is allegedly when the servers are going doe, hopefully by then we have some news on a possible sequel. It truly is an amazing game, as the player of Asian and us versions of this game i can say it's simply amazing.

and yeah soul sucking a bp is hilarious, I used to get so much hate mail when i would do it. Ha ha ha

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 10:04:37 AM PDT
Sweet this great thread was revived!

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 10:07:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:10:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 10:11:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 1, 2010 2:19:43 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 10:13:31 AM PDT
Was 5-2 the dirty colossus?
Ooooh and in 5-3 go light to pick up some goodies that weigh a bit.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  2067
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions