Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 is the best looking console game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 316 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:33:29 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
You Xbots don't even try anymore, half the time you don't even form coherent sentences.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:42:03 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I have tried to reason but oh well:

I will say this when it comes to Halo, the PS3 has no comparable franchise that makes as much money, or generates this much hype and excitement. Not saying that the PS3 doesn't have some great games but nothing comes close to what I stated in the previous sentence.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:44:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 7:46:54 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:47:20 PM PST
I.Flores says:
If only hype and money could translate onto something that positively affects us as gamers directly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:47:50 PM PST
JWK says:
pffft... HA HA HA NHAHAHA HAH AHA

*owww* My sides!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:03:03 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
But the Playstation has been around since 1995. I think Sony fans need to stop making excuses and give credit where credit is due. Sony could market games but they rarely do. In fact they kind of suck at it. MS makes a big deal out of every Halo release and then makes a feces ton of money.

@Flores

One could say that about every Sony franchise. Halo does impact the business positively because it generates a lot of money and that money can be used to create more games and more jobs. It also as I have said in numerous other posts helps raise the bar for other FPS games. And it hopefully forces Sony to make a killer app to compete with Halo.

But seeing as you have played so many Halo games as well as MS games Flores you truly know what the hell you are talking about. After all you a great gamer who plays EVERY game and does not stupidly discriminate against a console for no discernible reason because after all you are not heavily medicated or schizophrenic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:16:24 PM PST
I.Flores says:
>>Halo does impact the business positively because it generates a lot of money and that money can be used to create more games<<

Of course they can. Problem is they most likely won't. So expect a crapton of Kinect shovelware coming your way soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:37:02 PM PST
It has a ridiculous and obscene amount of marketing. Sony should probably take notes, though. The UC3 marketing was a step in the right direction.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:40:27 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Do you just hate life? You are a buzzkill. Just play the game and enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:45:02 PM PST
yeah well Heavy Rain looks better than any of the Uncharted games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:47:36 PM PST
Microsoft sure does love to market. Yesterday I was watching a show on ESPN, sponsored by Xbox. It wasn't enough that they had to mention it was sponsored by Xbox and have ads for games and their console bundle, they had an Xbox logo on a screen in the background, right in the middle of the set between the hosts, for the entire show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:54:05 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
The soccer team here (Seattle Sounders) have Xbox 360 plastered all over it and so does the stadium when they play.

I am glad that MS advertises so well because the more consoles and games that are sold the better it is for us....And Flores has turned me into an Xbot. I will troll him forever and ever. As for Wanda I am going to take some time one day and get some information from Metacritic and Lens of Truth....Ah hell, I am just going to make it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:01:03 PM PST
I don't have a problem with the advertising, except that I really don't need to see their logo for an entire show. I think that's a bit over the top because that's what the commercials are for, or a brief mention from time to time, like "welcome to the show sponsored by Xbox."

My real problem with Microsoft is how they have ads on every page of the dashboard, something they make a great deal of money from, and yet still charge $60 a year (base price) for a gold membership, which doesn't remove the ads. That's much like Hulu Plus charging $8 a month for their service and still putting ads in the middle of shows, around 3 or 4 for every 30 minute show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:06:11 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Oh yeah the ads. Honestly, they don't bother me as I am rarely on Live and they are fairly unobtrusive. But MS does like to make money. The Sounders stuff is a bit over the top....And if MS is going to charge for Live then make it more worthwhile, do what Sony does and offer better incentives. 60 bucks, closer to 40 if you are smart about buying it is not that much to pay per year but you should get more. Also all the extra crap: I was going to upgrade to the Slim but then realized I had to transfer games or spend more to get the hard drive version. It was just a way to nickel and dime the consumer.....Next gen I am hoping both the PS4 and Xbox come out relatively close so I can make my decision based on what they are offering me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 10:18:05 PM PST
I do think Playstation Plus gives a lot more than XBL Gold does. The problem with Gold is how they require it for pretty much everything, even stupid things that shouldn't require it, like Netflix and using Internet Explorer. Seriously Microsoft? Requiring a paid membership to use a console based web browser? That's just sad.

My Gold membership is paid up till early 2014 because I got a few years for $35 a year, but after that I'm pretty unlikely to renew it because I'm not getting anything out of it. I was taking advantage of good Gold member only sales and buying arcade titles or DLC for cheap, but I've barely purchased anything this year. I don't really play online either.

Unfortunately I sold my PS3 (and almost sold my 360 too) to help pay for my new gaming laptop or I would have hooked that up to my big TV for Netflix usage down the road. I'm going to be wary about getting a next generation Xbox if they are going to continue this nickle and diming crap. I'm hoping the PS4 turns out good, and hopefully they redesign the controller to be more comfortable (I know that probably won't happen). Right now I'm going to just continue playing my Xbox and probably shift more back to PC gaming because of the awesome Steam sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:48:41 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
i sold my ps3 too. i do not really regret it as i just did not have time to play it. but i do miss a lot of the exclusives i never finished. i do have a vita to get my sony fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:56:46 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
Gran turismo. Other than that I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:12:23 AM PST
Wow.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:13:16 AM PST
This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads ever on the VGF. And that's saying a lot. And I've been here for a long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:14:58 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
And several of them refer to all console games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:16:03 AM PST
Mel says:
wow, I might need to buy this game!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:16:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:24:02 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Several of the quotes refer to all console games. I find it hilarious that your wall of texts contain all of these links to people's opinions on various websites and when someone else does the same you dismiss it seemingly because they're not praising Sony.

Like I said before you have to be an insanely devoted and stubborn fanboy to not think this game looks simply phenomenal and is easily one of if not the best looking console game. Keep in mind all of the action takes place in large environments with lots of enemies with complex intelligent AI and I've never seen a single framerate stutter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:23:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:23:48 AM PST
That's the thing with reviews and opinions. I can probably find one that contradicts YOUR opinion, so you must be wrong! Never mind that you can find one that contradicts MY opinion. That source is obviously biased!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:25:06 AM PST
Mel says:
I've always found my opinions to be more right than a lot of others I hear these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:25:48 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
The fact that people rely on reviews as much as they do is completely baffling to me. I mean sure I like reading reviews to get an idea of what the game is all about but it seems like many people take what some dingus has to say on a website as gospel. It makes no sense.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  316
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions