Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:21:53 AM PST
At the bottom of the ladders go to the left and hug the wall. You'll see a pipe in the wall on the left hand side that the bonfire is inside of.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:32:16 AM PST
I think I'm gonna try at first to go help free until for a bit and slowly ease in to asking for help.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:32:39 AM PST
Advice: when you get to the bottom, don't go RIGHT first!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:35:45 AM PST
Sars says:
Its at the bottom, when you get to the bottom follow the wall left and you will see the tunnel with the bonfire in it. if they do poison you just use some moss and keep going. If i die its always from falling off because i do something stupid. once you get to the bottom feel free to explore cause you can always run back to the bonfire or get to where you were easily

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:58:30 AM PST
And don't be afraid of the fat chick with the huge machete...she's just looking for some lovin'.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:18:16 AM PST
The previous tips about pyro and master key, also when you first get to Firelink, run down the stairs and take the lift down. You'll be in New Londo, the guys there wont attack you unless you attack them at the entrance. Run sort of down and to the left until you cross a wooden bridge. From there take the bridge across and once you do that BOOK IT to the right and look for a door/window looking thing that will be on your right. You should see a very small ledge underwater you can walk across to an item. RUN across this ledge and pick up the item. This will be a suicide run, so spend all your souls first, but it will give you a Firekeeper soul extremely early and that will allow your Estus to heal you up faster.

Its also not a bad idea to suicide run the graveyard behind the shrine to pick up the items there as well, you can get the Zweihander and a few other pretty nice items. Also going up behind Petrus and to the lift that isnt working, if you fall down the lift you can pick up a Morning Star, a Talisman, some homeward bones and I think some cracked red eye orbs as well.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:37:25 AM PST
And also go up the steps going up the side of mountain, kill the three guys there and continue up and kill the remaining guys, including the fire thrower. Then go back down one set of stairs and jump onto the ledge under the huge bridge. Continue past the 3 pillars and pick up the Ring of Sacrifice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:59:46 AM PST
Got that one, but I think I sacrificed it a bit early, lol. If i find another, I think I'll wait to put it on until I'm about to start a boss fight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:01:33 AM PST
This is also the location where you will later be able to buy boss armor from.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:07:04 AM PST
Heh, when I picked up the ring of sacrifice I didn't know you could jump back acrosss, so I put on my new found ring, jumped off, and cursed From for tricking me in the process...

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:09:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:09:41 AM PST
Lol Capt, that's funny and sad all at the same time. I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to drop from the upper ledge to the lower one. When I figured out how to jump...<facepalm>

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:11:44 AM PST
"So for the beginning of NG+ your focus should be on fully upgrading your pyro glove."

That sounds like a plan. I have EXACTLY 30 faith as well, so I'll try and get that miracle (I didn't get that in NG). I don't remember getting hit quite so hard in NG+ Demon's Souls on my mage, it's definitely harder :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:12:31 AM PST
Hah! Same here! I didn't even know you could jump.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:27:06 AM PST
Magic is more difficult in Dark Souls because they limited the number of casts instead of just a mana bar.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:29:36 AM PST
Yeah it's like D&D now. Magic seems stronger though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:35:33 AM PST
Sars says:
lol i did the same thing. i went to the top and would fall down, then i realized all you had to do was jump that little gap. felt so dumb lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:17:55 AM PST
Gawd, still didnt realize you could. The best I've done is planned my rolls to try and make it over gaps.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:42:27 AM PST
Run and then tap the run button again, you'll jump.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:45:21 AM PST
Just don't practice it over any substantial falls...it's a long way down.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:45:59 AM PST
Sweet! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:46:46 AM PST
Lol. I do have a propensity towards taking exaggerated falls in Dark Souls, so it may just be par for the course.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:47:39 AM PST
Practice near Firelink bonfire...just in case :)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:53:01 AM PST
Chris... says:
It's stuff like this that needs to be explained coming out of the gate in Dark Souls 2. The souls series is notorious for this type of thing. Who was able to figure out how to reach Ostrava and the cling ring in Demon's Souls without watching a video first?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:55:28 AM PST
I'm pretty sure it was.

There were signs on the ground explaining the various special moves like the jump attack and the standard jump in the beginning.

And I found him. I explored every inch of that game and you can see Ostrava from the ledge.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:07:32 PM PST
Chris... says:
You're right the messages are there explaining that stuff. As far as Ostrava, finding him wasn't hard. Getting to him was the hard part. I would have never guessed you'd have to roll from the steps and the momentum from that roll would take you off the ledge onto Ostrava's ledge without watching a video.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions