PSN Holiday Essentials: Week 2 of Awesome Deals on Essential Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 4:33:29 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Mine does the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:48:14 AM PST
C.W. says:
Hope you enjoy it. I really love that period in history and they just absolutely nailed the environment and atmosphere and vibe of the 40's and 50's.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:45:45 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Heh, yeah, I think that's probably why I enjoyed the demo. Not a big fan of open-world game, and it seemed to present a far tighter, linear experience than I was expecting. Pleasantly surprised by it.

Glad to hear it gets your stamp of approval.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:44:22 AM PST
C.W. says:
Mafia II is a fantastic game, as long as you go into it not expecting an open world like GTA or Saints Row. It is open world, but there's really not much there to do. What really sets the game apart is the story and atmosphere.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:34:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:34:37 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Well, I think you've played Journey, so the main must-buy this week is covered.

Papo & Yo is unique. It's presented as a puzzle-platformer, but it's easy enough that you can call this one more of an "experience" like Journey. It's really visually creative and joyous at times, and really dark at other times (since the whole game is a transparent metaphor for a child struggling through having an alcoholic parent). The mechanics aren't perfect and it's pretty short, but I recommend if any of that piqued your interest.

For me, I'm trying to decided at the moment. Pretty certain I'll get Mafia II (not usually my kind of game, but the demo really impressed me), and I'm still considering Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty (I like R&C pretty well, and this one doesn't go on sale often).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:56:46 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Oh, I meant the demo, but I'm guessing now that's a yes, too.

I want to try this on Vita so I could use the touch screen, but it's being very uncooperative...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:54:42 AM PST
new Tron says:
I haven't gotten it yet, but I plan on getting it for PS3, yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:52:47 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I've been trying to dl this for Vita, but it keeps erroring. Did you get it for ps3?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:03:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:03:58 AM PST
Just the demo that clearly only grazed the surface of what that game is about. It's on my list of games to play and I would have already played it if the demo showed that its controls and mechanics had a bit more polish.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:01:44 AM PST
ChuChu Train says:
Any one ever play Papo & Yo?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:51:51 AM PST
new Tron says:
It's a very short demo...seemed like it was just the tutorial to the game, but it really gave a good sense of what the game is about. I was very pleased.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:47:14 AM PST
I have the demo just waiting to be played but Far Cry 3 and Dark Souls are preventing me from playing anything else.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:44:48 AM PST
new Tron says:
I just played the Sound Shapes demo. Wow...color me VERY impressed! Really hoping it's on sale this week.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:26:17 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Just tell me what to buy, Kirk! What did you buy?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:05:27 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, updated early and these deals, I hear, will end on the 30th sometime, so don't procrastinate this time!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:04:21 AM PST
Got Simpsons arcade, Crazy Taxi, Daytona, Retro City Rampage, Afterburner Climax, but need Tokyo Jungle lower price again.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 2:08:55 AM PST
Frank says:
Yeah! DLing Hot Shots to the PSV now. Journey later on.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 1:49:40 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I bought Crazy Taxi and Crush but somehow missed out on the I am Alive discount. Did the store update early because of christmas or something? I looked on Monday and Dyad/Retrograde/I am Alive discounts were already gone.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:28:07 PM PST
C. Burpee says:
Downloading Journey right now, been wanting to play this game for a while.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:07:09 PM PST
I know a lot of people were waiting for Journey to be under $10.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:32:12 PM PST
Chocolette says:
Tokyo Jungle on "Top PSN Games" is ~$10, but when you click on it, the price is $14.99. I wonder if this is an error on PSN's part...and the game will be $10 soon...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:09:42 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Sweet. Rampage for "free" is cool.
I picked up Rayman and Escape Plan last week. I believe this week I will grab MGS, Unit 13, and Hot Shots for the Vita.
Sadly, the Duke Nukem Balls of Steel has been $15 here on Amazon over the last week or two and the vanilla is $5 on Gamefly as of yesterday at least, so that one is definitely skippable.
I need to double check, but I think Mafia 2 was "free" a while back and the Simpsons game definitely was (and isnt all that great IMO).

Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:00:13 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Mafia 2 is awesome.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:53:53 AM PST
Chocolette says:
...I hope next week's is better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:20:09 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yep, one more week of sales.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions