Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

IGN Reviews - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 131 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 6:17:59 AM PST
Binx says:
The Witch and the Hundred Knights has been pushed back so far, I'm worried it's never going to come out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 12:30:29 AM PST
Fishing is so relaxing, even in videogames for some reason. My favorite game I can fish in is TLOZ:TP[Wii], I fished so much[I also forgot Dark Cloud 1 fishing was fun too].Peace.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 11:03:26 PM PST
Marie says:
I'm going to get this game and The Witch and the Hundred Knights

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 12:00:44 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
LOL, yeah that's kind of ridiculous for trophies. That's probably one of the worst games for trophies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 11:39:35 AM PST
Mrs. User says:
Ugh. WKC was the WORST for trophies. I finished the game twice, almost 100 hours, and I think I got 3 trophies. I'm not a complete trophy wh*re, but the effort vs trophy ratio made me extremely upset.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 11:05:46 PM PST
Kasceis says:
Cannot wait! GT review of 9.3

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:01:51 PM PST
M4ZiNG3R_D says:
I'm not getting this for the gameplay, reviews, or any but for the art style.

Seriously, it's a Ghibli art!!

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 4:34:38 PM PST
Kasceis says:
5 days left!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:24:43 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I hoping it's not like White Knight Chronicles for trophies. I read online that the first one takes something like 500 hours and the second takes even longer around 1,000 which is just insane. I actually looked at the trophies yesterday for Ni No Kuni and they didn't look bad but it's hard to tell since I haven't actually played the game and know what any of the trophies refer to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:18:26 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Fishing is one of those traditional JRPG things I just don't get the appeal of - but, yeah, everything else was just so much fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:53:08 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
I don't know man...if White Knight Chronicles by Lvl 5 was any indication, the trophies will be super grindtastic and near impossible to get unless you wanna spend 500+ hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:49:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:41 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
The weapon creation was definitely fun but I think I did it so much I just got sidetracked from the game and stopped moving anywhere in it. I really wish I had finished it though.

Trophies and RPGs are a bad mix for me though since those are games I want to get the plats on. I got the plats for Tales of Graces f, Atelier Totori, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 which probably took me way too long. P4G is my first RPG plat for this year and I guarantee I will spend the time to plat Ni No Kuni.

@ Guest, I would completely agree with you that I prefer RPGs when the main characters already have a personality instead of me being the only personality that he has.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:47:08 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yeah I get that. I would choose well written endearing characters over blank slates myself given the choice but it really doesn't bother me either way.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:31:01 PM PST
Literally haven't been as excited for any game in a long while as I am for Ni No Kuni.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:16:59 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
I just didn't care for 9. What motivated me in 8 was the close relationship the player develops with the characters of the quest, the personal involvement that comes with them. The whole "customize your characters entirely" thing just kind of wiped that out for me in 9.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:09:18 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I liked 9 (also developed by Level 5). 8 really is one of my all time favorite games though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:56:53 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
haha Ni No Poopi has a ring to it. I'm sorry that you don't like IGN giving it a good score. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:50:00 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
God, I would break my own finger to get a followup to 8, and in the vein of 8. The DQ games since have been a disappointment. The entire genre has been a disappointment to me since 8.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:48:45 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Sounds like we hurt your feelings there, Chubbs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:46:06 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Man, that guy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:43:49 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
I liked what I've played from the demo, gameplay similar to Tales of series except you can switch between familiar/caster on the fly, though, I'm not sure if you can have more than one familiar on-screen at a time. And of course the beautiful art and music by Studio Ghibli can't hurt either. Consider it guaranteed. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:38:43 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
Are you adding your endorsement? We have enough for our own sticker.

As seen on Amazon's VGF: Quality/gameplay guaranteed by Strider, Pardee, and Gyoza

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:32:29 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
The guarantee only work if you trademark it.
Gyoza Gurantee™

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:28:54 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
@Pardee I liked the second one much better than the first, and making the weapons was the one of the best parts, to me. At one point the hammer was a frozen tuna...

@Strasse the only one I couldn't do well was fishing. Although I caught, and raised, and trained fish for the races and such. I sucked at catching the big fish, lol. There was *so* much to do, though! The medals, fishing, Spheda, fish racing, inventing, crafting, Georama...the future. I miss DC2!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:19:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 6:17:16 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Dark Cloud 2 is one of those games that I bought because reviews were outstanding but I was pretty sure I wouldn't like. (I had played most of DC1 at that point.)

The game blew me away at just how much fun it was - all the thing mini-games and such were just really great. Awesome game.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions