Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Destiny - Bungie's next.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 5:20:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 5:20:42 AM PST
TMan says:
In yet another leak late last night, more details have been spilled with very first artwork images (link below). Bungie later confirmed the leak on bungie.net and added their own image to the mix. Little to nothing was known about the game and the new universe up until now. It has been speculated previously to be one of the most expensive new IP launch of all time. Game is scheduled for release in Fall 2013 for Xbox & PS3.

"According to the leaked document Destiny will be set seven hundred years into the future where the human race has become a rare species with a single city on Earth being their last refuge.

Suspended above the city is a giant alien spacecraft known only as 'The Traveler' which apparently protects the city, however little else is known about the craft or the alien race that placed it there.

The villains will be another alien species which is apparently creeping into the galaxy with one mission - to wipe out the last remenants of the human race.

Gamers will play as 'Knights' whose task it is to explore the galaxy all the while working together to try and defeat the creatures which seem intent on destroying the last city of Earth."

Many have speculated this game to be a console MMO, but Bungie is keep denying it. It seems now though, the game will only have some elements of MMO for CO-OP rather than full blown MMO on console

Leak & Artwork: http://www.t3.com/news/bungies-destiny-game-artwork-leaked
Bungie.net confirmation: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=32235

Original leak story is published on IGN, but I avoid their site wherever possible.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:24:31 AM PST
Wasn't there a post about this yesterday that it was meant to be a "social" game to bring out your inner 7 year old or something?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:28:18 AM PST
klopas says:
Will Master Chief make an appearance?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:30:00 AM PST
TMan says:
I missed that thread in my quick skim through before posting. Just over excited Bungie fan here I guess. :/. This thread can die. I wouldn't get hung up on '7 year old' comment though. Best to reserve the judgement until we see gameplay etc.

As you were.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:31:42 AM PST
FOGE says:
Those were the words of a guy from Bungie about a year ago. I just heard them reiterate that on IGN

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:32:15 AM PST
TMan says:
Haha, I would love to see an easter egg of Master Chief. Brand new universe, nothing to do with Halo apart from being a spiritual successor to Halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:35:50 AM PST
No, I think it was on a news site somewhere, not here on the VGF.

Sorry for the confusion.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions