Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

You guys were right about those PS3 updates!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 82 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:42:47 PM PST
Hops says:
I always found the downloads on the PS3 significantly slower when on a wireless internet. My PS3 is close to my router, so I just connected it directly to the router.
The download speed got a lot better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:45:33 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Wait... You downloaded over a gig of data in just a minute ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 7:49:58 PM PST
Peter says:
Yep. I was pretty stoked. It was done and over with while I got up to get a drink. The download that took the longest was Uncharted, and that didnt take very long at all. That being said, it took waaaaayyyyy longer to get it onto my PS3 first (since my wi-fi carped out), but the transfer from there to the Vita was super fast.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:55:12 PM PST
Krypto says:
I remember one of Jason's posts on the subject about a year ago which puts it the best:

>>The PS3 is the only video game system I have which makes me fire up another video game system so I have something to play while waiting for the PS3 to do its thing.<<

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx37P21JNXHJVCZ

Good to know the Vita is a lot faster. Background installs/patches should of been implemented a long time ago. I'm glad the Wii U does that, yet another selling point for me.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:56:21 PM PST
A customer says:
There's a patch for MGS4? I haven't played that in a minute. Why would that game need a patch?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 8:00:47 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Trophy support.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 8:07:14 PM PST
I had 9 updates to DL when I started UC2. Just a fact of life with modern games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:07:11 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 10:25:55 PM PST
A customer says:
Minute = at least a year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:28:24 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:24 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:28:34 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Derp derp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:55:58 AM PST
A customer says:
Welcome to the wacky world of colloquialisms.

Wait, why am I playing along with this? I know you know what colloquial means, and you know I know what a literal minute is, so enough. Thanks for trying, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:40:17 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Bullshit, Uncharted is like 3.4gb.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:05:17 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>A game on PS+ takes a minimum of a day to download.<<

how would you know that if you don't even own a PS3?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:02:22 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
two minutes to download uncharted = ~28 MB/s or ~225 Mbps ... that is some speedy internet you have

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:04:07 AM PST
Peter says:
I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that it downloaded to the PS3 first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:05:49 AM PST
The key word you were looking for is "transferred." You transferred the game off the PS3 in a minute. Your download was first performed on the PS3, which I'm sure took quite a lot longer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:06:18 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
oh so those were just install times from your ps3 to vita? i see

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:25:34 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
What, you didn't want to watch Snake smoke for an hour?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:33:40 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
MGS4 was one of the worst. Much better now since the patch that allows you to do one big install now. Of course that takes forever too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:40:05 AM PST
Finger says:
Couldn't possibly be worse than Gran Turismo 5, could it? I'd think anything worse than that mess would be against the Geneva Conventions. Loved the game, but that install still burns in my memory.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:42:18 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im pretty sure MGS4 was worse than Gran Turismo 5, but its been about 4 years since I installed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:43:13 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah. While the PS3 updates ARE ridiculously long, that was just poor game design.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:44:45 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I just recently installed MGS4 about a month ago it and it took a few hours....Not half a day. Tonight i have to install the XL DLC code for GT5, hopefully its not another lengthy affair.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:54:30 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, I didnt think it was half a day. A few hours for me as well. I think GT5 was about the same, maybe a little less for me. I dont remember. I need to get back into GT5 to check out that new Corvette.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions