Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:55:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 10:56:22 AM PST
I gave mine out 5 times on the Amazon D3 Forums.

I have Team Speak and Vent, heck I have my own vent serer. But I refuse to use any more than those 2. This world has about 20 different VOIP that everyone uses and I'm not putting all of them on my PC... heck I knew about TS before Vent.Though if there is excessive swearing or slurs, I may duck out of TS

My name in D3 is Badgerlord#1734,

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:57:01 AM PST
I will send you an invite tonight. Hopefully we can turn any frown you have upside down. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:02:51 AM PST
Duster says:
I'm assuming it's USB? Then yep! Mine is USB, otherwise the standard mic input works too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:05:46 AM PST
Duster says:
Well I don't remember it Griff! Lol.

There isn't excessive swearing or slurs. Everybody is over the age of 25, so it's not a constant whine fest like some TS servers.

I've been using TS for about 10 years now, it's really handy. I can't stand vent. Tried it some years ago and it just seemed outdated compared to TS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:52:16 PM PST
I agree but it was what most guilds in WoW used so it kinda became my default.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:37:25 PM PST
I just played some of this today after I've been reading through the thread. Inferno is 100x easier at monster power 0 compared to before.

Much more fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:19:00 PM PST
It's far more balanced for newer players to inferno, by that I mean players coming directly from Hell more to inferno and so much more fun.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:02:24 PM PST
Duster says:
Well I'm glad people are seeing the light, lol.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:54:40 AM PST
Hey Duster, I accepted your Friend Invite this morning, but it didn't add you to my friends list and I'm not sure why.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:22:59 AM PST
J. says:
Most of my friends from launch have quit, so I'm certainly looking for some new people to game with.

Add Gun5181#1350, I'm usually on.

I have 60's of each class, but my main is a Witch Doctor. Just ask for help. Grinding Paragon and MF'ing gets boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:06:34 AM PST
Duster says:
The same thing happened for me when I added Ninja. I restarted the game and he showed up on my friends list. The next time you log in I will be there Griff ;)

Maybe not actually online, but on your friends list anyways...

Odds are I will probably be playing a bit tonight, but I more than likely won't be playing until Christmas Eve after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:07:46 AM PST
Duster says:
I'll add you tonight J. The other guy I usually play with is a Witch Doctor as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:29:22 AM PST
Oh ok cool. I'll be online a lot.

I'm working on getting a set of Infernal Machines. I have 3 Act 1 keys, 2 act 2 keys and haven't started act 3 yet. This morning was freaking Witch Doctor Morning :p I got 3 Legendaries, all for Witch Doctor only. I cried.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:35:02 AM PST
J. says:
I'm sitting on about 10 IM's right now. I've done MP5-7 Ubers, don't know how I would do any higher.

Maybe Blizz is trying to tell you to start a WD?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:40:26 AM PST
I already have a WD, the Legendaries I got were horrible anyway so they would be useless to one.

I can't do MP5+ i can't even do MP4. heck I still die in MP3 to certain packs (oooh reflect damage how much i HATE you)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:51:23 AM PST
J. says:
I finally splurged and picked up a LS Skorn, so RD mobs don't make me kill myself anymore.

You would think that after IM Oblivion Knights in D2, Blizz would learn it's a poorly thought out mechanic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:06:51 AM PST
LS Skorn?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:17:09 AM PST
J. says:
Sorry, Life Steal.

I think mine has about 5.4% (before the Inferno reduction)

And Skorn is one of the few 2 handers worth picking up, currently. It was a tough choice between going the 2 handed route vs picking up a decent Manajuma knife and off hand, but it was the best option for my gear/build.

Now I'm seeing crits around 1.2m on a steady basis.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:19:16 AM PST
my crits are 300k at most if I'm using the strongest Meteor.

I haven't found a use for 2handed weapons yet, perhaps becasue my offhand is rather powerful and i end up losing like 10,000 DPS switching from a 1 hander + source to a 2 Handed weapon

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:29:40 AM PST
Duster says:
98% of two handed weapons are useless in the game. Skorn is pretty much the only decent 2 handed weapon.

I dual wield on my monk. I kinda doubt I will get a skorn. I just need two weapons with LS now...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:31:23 AM PST
i had a skorn once, it was worse than the weapons I had... maybe I was wrong....

2 handed weapons should have been made so that they ahve the DPS to compete with Dual wielding/MH-Offhand Held item. As it stands... most 2 handed weapons have barely more DPS than a 1 handed weapon.

Should have like...1900+DPS on them...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:45:55 AM PST
Duster says:
Maybe you got that legendary before the patch?

I do agree, for the loss of attack speed and marginal DPS gain it's pretty bad. I can't survive with a slow attack speed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:47:01 AM PST
no it was post patch, just bad. And not for my class.

I'm good at getting useless items :3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:49:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 7:53:22 AM PST
J. says:
It really depends on your build, equipment, and play style.

A nicely rolled Skorn can be Best in Slot, but you lose out on the resource management perks of your class specific 1 handers/ off hands.

I gave my Wiz my WD's old Skorn, but I prefer her Triumvirate/wand combo more.

Plus, I'm working on making her a CM Wiz, so I really need more attack speed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:52:12 AM PST
Well as a wizard I would lose all but the hat.

AP on crit can be the most valuable resource for a wizard, by far, in the rigth situation it can allow for infinite casts of Meteor... and sooo much death. but you need more than just a hat can give.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 2832 49 seconds ago
Nvidia releases the GTX 980/970 Maxwell cards, introduces new AA technology 21 5 minutes ago
Here's the Guinness World Record for largest collection of Silent Hill stuff 0 12 minutes ago
OT: Jeepers Creepers 3 Cathedral 13 19 minutes ago
Is there a future for the Darksiders series? 3 35 minutes ago
Tekken 7 Reveal Trailer 17 40 minutes ago
Why are supposedly "fair & balanced" VGFers quick to step on the Sonymite's nuts when he trolls, but ALWAYS give the Xbot that does the same a free pass or even a high-five? 239 42 minutes ago
ot- I see why......................... 26 50 minutes ago
D4 (Xbox One) Is A Bomba. Currently 77 On Metacritc And Dropping 30 1 hour ago
D4 (Xbox One) Getting Great Reviews 73 1 hour ago
OMG! Sony predicts another loss this fiscal year to the tune of $2.14 BILLION 24 1 hour ago
Weekend Gaming 9/19 - 9/21 101 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions