Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Attention Pilots: Post your Hawken callsign here!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 159 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:47:13 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh, no, I totally got that. I'm just stating that since they're one of the major things that can only be bought with real money I'm glad that they ultimately don't impart any real advantage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:50:37 PM PST
I like the visual flair it adds to the mechs but it isn't something I want to spend actual money on when I can beef up my mech some.

@ Nate

There are also certain weapons that don't belong on certain mechs because they will be ridiculously overpowered. I wish I could customize my mech a little more but thus far I'm really liking the overall setup.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:52:09 PM PST
Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:57:28 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Swank.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:22:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 11:23:57 AM PST
I have uploaded a short video of gameplay on my PC, in case you guys are interested in seen the game running on a Phenom X6 1090t paired with a GTX 680.

All settings maxed out, physx off, 2560x1440 resolution. I get 60fps most of the time, dippin' into the lower 50's when action is too heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fILP2J6DbAA

Remember to choose HD quality. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:35:23 AM PST
Looks gorgeous!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:45:31 AM PST
Pretty fun game, I played a good match last night and came in 5th place with my typical -5 K/D ratio, I am way too aggressive in these things. Honestly, even on my old 9500gt card the game looks great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:59:45 AM PST
Looks good though it's so weird to me seeing how someone else plays because my play style is really out there.

I should start taking some videos and posting them. What program do you use?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:10:23 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh hell man, I'm super aggressive. The trick I've found is to outfit my specs with all the defnsive crap so I can outlast the other guy.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:11:18 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I finally played the tutorial at least!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:17:48 PM PST
Sadly the servers are down right now for maintenance. These guys are doing a great job at releasing patches and keeping this running smoothly.

I keep freaking out though because they call it a server refresh every time and I think I'm going to lose my progress lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:32:49 PM PST
I use Fraps for recording.

I am a total noob at this game, the mech I'm using is the standard I got when I started, no upgrades at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:51:48 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I was able to accept requests before they went down. They also don't impact the tutorials since I was already logged in before servers went down.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:16:20 PM PST
I've got some Roxio program on my computer but I haven't used it yet.

And it's not even you being a noob it is just different weapons, different approaches, and all that. I use the Scout so I have to get up close and personal whereas with the Recruit Assault you can hang back peppering people.

@ McAwesomeo

Oh nice! The tutorials help to get the basics but it is best to get into the action to see how other players play and learn how to counter what people throw at you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:30:30 PM PST
Finger says:
Holy dog poop on ice! That video is awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:51:46 PM PST
I find that being super-aggressive often gets me a near-equal number of kills and deaths, and I've consistently seen the same people get "most kills" and "most deaths." I usually do pretty good with assists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:52:20 PM PST
I like to sit back for a little bit, let my team engage, and then flank them while keeping constant pressure on. Then once I've got a guy or two after me I fall back to where I can corner dodge, drop my repair charge out of sight, and then just keep smacking them with my TOW until they get in close so I can finish them with the mini flak.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:53:32 PM PST
I am MUCH better with the TOW now that I know you can pop it at any time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:57:00 PM PST
They reduced the splash damage on it big time so make sure you're popping it as close as humanly possible to them. It's pretty funny how many people don't realize you can do this or pop it well before it'll actually do anything. Despite the Scout being the weakest mech (in terms of armor) I can typically reduce the damage to 40 or so leaving me wide open to rip people apart.

Also pro tip, you can shoot TOWs and other missiles out of the air. I love spamming the mini flak when someone fires a volley of Hellfires and watching 75% of them explode before they get to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:09:09 PM PST
Didn't know that, nice.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:24:45 PM PST
Woo! Just had my first match as the #1 player in kills. I think I'm going to buy the sharpshooter though. It fits my playstyle a little more than the other classes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:02:01 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, I'm running about 1.0 on kdr.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:02:36 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Pop it at any time?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 4:51:32 AM PST
Hit the fire button when it's in the air and it explodes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:08:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Had no idea!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions