Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demon's Souls -- Phantoms, where art thou...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1976-2000 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:41:52 PM PST
Have you killed the dragon yet? If not, do it. That's a lot of easy souls, and I mean a lot at an early level. Protip, don't forget to save your friend if you rescued him in 1-1.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:47:06 PM PST
I haven't. Gotta buy some arrows. And I don't remember rescuing anyone...

OMG,I am such a noob lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:48:54 PM PST
Then, there is at least one item in 1-1 that you really want to go back and get. Thank god for shortcuts. What rings did you get in the first world before you took on Phalanx, because there are 2 that are REALLY, REALLY important to a much easier first playthrough.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:49:50 PM PST
The only ring I got in 1-1 is the Cling Ring, which is fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:52:00 PM PST
Ok, you got the best of the 2. the other makes enemies not realize you are there unless you get closer to them. It's almost a required ring in one particular world, as otherwise you will be dodging flying barbs as you are trying to navigate a cliff.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:54:06 PM PST
My god, I'm going to have to fire this game up again. I'm reliving all of my lovely frustrations through you, Nate. Do me a favor and let me know what soul level you are when you are ready to take on the 3-3 world boss and give me a 20 minute heads up, k? ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:05:24 PM PST
Sure, sounds good. :-)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:32:35 PM PST
elect Tron says:
Good to see this thread again!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:39:22 PM PST
Right. We have a thread that is over 2 years old on page 1 and it's not a necro as I define it. This is the game that defined this gen for me and the litmus test that all games this go around have been judged against. Very few have stood up to that challenge.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:49:46 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I apparently traded this game in and have no recollection of it or it was stolen, it just doesn't exist on my shelf anymore.

Not that I really mind I guess, NG+ was a drag.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:50:14 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
my anus suddenly hurts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:22:35 PM PST
Nope, not a necro. Feels more like finding your lost Souls again.

Okay. I'm in 4-1 I think. It is the Shrine of Storms, and the rolling skeletons are really annoying but they give a huge (for my level) amount of souls.

Speaking of souls, I keep finding these items that are "Unknown Soldier's Soul." Is there any reason to save these, or can I just use them now?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:29:11 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Use them, the only ones you want to save are the boss souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:29:41 PM PST
You see what I meant about rinse/repeat. Lots of good souls there once you get used to the rolling skeletons. Should give you plenty of souls to buy arrows to get rid of an overgrown lizard or level up your stats a little. I always only used the Soul items I found either when I was a little short of leveling up or when I was upgrading items. If done at other times, you are just waiting to lose them because of dying. The only souls you don't want to use are colorless demon's souls or souls from bosses, as those are used to create special weapons or upgrade some items.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:41:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:42:16 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
They're also used for spells and miracles, if you're into that.

EDIT: popping in demon souls now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:43:56 PM PST
Okay, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:48:22 PM PST
Damn, I just used my Phalanx one. Oh well. There's a tone of others to kill.

And yeah, I spent about 10 minutes in 4-1 and got like 6K souls. Pretty useful for my level so far! Those skeletons really make me practice my parry/counter timing. Taking a break for now, may pop in UC1 for a little bit. I need something a little less mind-numbingly repetitive. So far I've upgraded my sword twice, my spear once, and my shield twice. As a soldier class, I imagine Vit and Str are the two stats I need most.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:57:01 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You can finish the game just fine without using the boss souls so I wouldn't really worry about it, they are mostly for getting the all weapons/spells/miracles trophies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:58:49 PM PST
Ah okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:02:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 9:05:04 PM PST
Don't worry, the Phalanx soul is used to make a griefing spear. It's super effective at really making people hate you, but unless you are intending to make people curse you in every known language, you didn't miss too much.

Edit: Don't forget Endurance. It has so many benefits such as stamina and equip load, it's always a good choice. At least until you get it up to 40.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:03:50 PM PST
Good to know. I'll save them from now on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:21:03 AM PST
elect Tron says:
When you come across Flamelurker and beat him, (boss of 2-2, I believe) definitely save his soul.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:54:59 AM PST
^^ This is the one soul that you really don't want to consume if you want to be able to use other souls in all possible manners. Yes, our little fiery friend is the boss of 2-2 and is super difficult to get down if you are going as melee. Stay mobile, and put on a fire-resist ring.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:14:10 PM PST
I got a fire resist ring...earlier there was a dragon blocking this area with a bunch of corpses. When I beat 1-1, the dragon moved. I looted everyone got a fire resist ring.

For now I'm just farming the beginning of 4-1. A few more Str upgrades and I will be able to use the Purple Flame Shield.

I sometimes get weapons or armor that I won't use. So far I've been storing them. Is there any way to sell them or break them down for upgrade parts?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 3:55:58 PM PST
This thread makes me want to play Demon's Souls again!

@Nate - There is no way you can sell items or break them in DS. Btw when you went to 1-1 again, did you go to the gallows at the beginning of the level? You can fight Miralda there and get some really useful stuff there. Make sure your item burden is quite low.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Bungie Killing Off Destiny on PS3 and Xbox 360 7 5 minutes ago
OT: Cable Cutters- Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV... other? 42 14 minutes ago
The Death Penalty - Yay or Nay? 25 19 minutes ago
"Oculus Rift is an overwhelming disappointment" says Digital Trends review 10 21 minutes ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 97 22 minutes ago
OT: Independence Day: Resurgence is a critical bomb 23 27 minutes ago
Microsoft and their console 30 29 minutes ago
Anyone having issues downloading Batman Arkham Knight from the Playstation Store? 0 36 minutes ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 30 1 hour ago
nintnedo is irrelevant 26 1 hour ago
I just realized Microsoft's goal all along 4 1 hour ago
OT: My Fame: An Update 13 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  2067
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions