Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New Borderlands 2 Character on its Way

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 92 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2013 7:42:02 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/08/a-new-borderlands-2-character-headed-our-way.aspx

During a recent panel at the South by Southwest Interactive conference, Gearbox teased its next batch of Borderlands DLC, which will include a new playable character.

Fans have already started to speculate that this new character could be a melee-focused fighter similar to Brick from the first Borderlands. Polygon has a bootleg of the teaser, which is basically just a bunch of art with some text that reads: Deep beneath Pandora, an experiment has escaped. Bandits beware, a new Vault Hunter is coming. More mayhem awaits.

Gearbox has always done a great job with its Borderlands-based DLC, so we can't wait to hear more about this upcoming content.

-----

it would be nice to see this new character packaged with an increase in level cap or something along the lines of that. will probably end up getting this depending on how the character plays.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 7:47:24 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I haven't even hit 50 on my first character yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 7:48:58 AM PDT
Interesting.

I don't think I will end up buying the character but I never liked Brick in the first Borderlands. I haven't even played the last DLC and I can't see myself getting back into the game until the fourth DLC comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 7:49:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 7:59:59 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Lvl 50? I'm only lvl 13 :(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 7:59:27 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
im at 48 still. every once in awhile i go back and play a little more. i will hit 50 when i hear they are raising the cap though.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:01:19 AM PDT
I've got five level 50s just itching to get an increase.

Yeah BL2 is my all-time fav....ever....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:03:53 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Me too, haven't played in months though, still need to download Hammerlock's DLC, though the reviews kind of turned me off.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:19:13 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
i have multiple level 50 characters and wont play again until the level cap increase.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:21:07 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
hammerlock was okay. VERY short! like could beat it in an hour kinda short.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:21:37 AM PDT
kinda sorta?

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:25:49 AM PDT
DVvM says:
So that's what they were doing while they weren't making Aliens: Colonial Marines respectable.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:32:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 8:34:15 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I was pretty disappointed with Hammerlock dlc. Story was meh and was sort. Liked the dlc's they did for BLands 1 a lot better.
Plus that whole thing with A:CM left a bad taste with Gearbox.

Edit: I finished story and all dlcs solo. Only some of the raid bosses are impossible solo.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:32:51 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Did you play solo? Torgue's DLC was very close to being unplayable solo, and the reviews made Hammerlock sound even worse.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:33:48 AM PDT
pokritz says:
damn, I really enjoyed BL1 DLC...seems the consensus is that the BL2 dlc just isn't all that great

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:34:45 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
yeah i did. i just did a playthrough one run with my level 50 character. easy peasey.
i wanted the story and the achievements. didnt care about the tiny bit of loot and XP doesnt exist for a level 50 anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:50:27 AM PDT
Actually a lot complained that Torgue's DLC was too easy...

I disagree

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:50:46 AM PDT
"Did you play solo? Torgue's DLC was very close to being unplayable solo"

Really? I had much more trouble in Hammerlock. Torgue's was really cool and perfect for me. Could depend on your class and mods, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:02:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 11, 2013 9:03:11 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Well I haven't played Hammerlock so I can't really compare, but that's what I'm worried about lol.

The majority of Torgues was Ok, but the bosses and that tower thing leading up to the blimp boss were pretty frustrating.

Edit: I guess maybe I should have said it close to being un-fun, rather than un-playable.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:15:15 AM PDT
The Drizzle says:
same here.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:16:58 AM PDT
I didn't think Torgue's was that bad but I played on normal with a level 50 character. The main quest that I think is ridiculous is the racing trophies since I couldn't get the last one.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:21:43 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Races were easy for me once I found a shortcut online.

That Buzzard quest to get the ship parts/cargo boxes(w/e) was absolutely impossible.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:24:37 AM PDT
OP says:
Well, that and you won't be able to do it without the Afterburner relic you got from Ellie (?).

I hated the buzzard quest (and subsequent battles involving the buzzards), and I never finished the 3rd battle in the bar (the one where you have 90? seconds to clean the place out).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:27:14 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I sold that relic and was able to beat all of those races, just youtube it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:27:22 AM PDT
I used the shortcuts but I still can't come in on time. I am always 1-3 seconds past the time. I wasn't doing it with the relic though since I had sold it.

The Buzzard quest wasn't that bad for me. I think I had to retry the last one once but that was it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:28:12 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah my weapons weren't super great either, especially my corrosive ones.

It kind of hurts that I don't have Xbox Live gold so I can't get any gold keys.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  Mar 11, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions