Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New TMNT: Out of the Shadows game trailer hits the net

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2013 10:35:23 AM PST
http://www.destructoid.com/debut-tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-trailer-appears-247718.phtml

Debut TMNT: Out of the Shadows trailer appears
For XBLA, PSN, and PC this summer95
Jordan Devore, Managing News Editor
22 hours ago - 1:45 PM on 03.04.2013

61 28 29 0

Three new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games will be released by Activision over the coming years, and this -- TMNT: Out of the Shadows -- is the first one. And it looks ... good? The combat, anyway. I'm always afraid to call it so early on, as we're shown little gameplay footage in this trailer.

The fact that this is a downloadable title for PC, PlayStation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade only has me feeling more anxious to see more. I always loved the action figures as a kid -- remember the giant Party Wagon toy? -- but I've yet to really get into any of the games ever since the original Turtles in Time. Wouldn't mind changing that.

[Via All Games Beta]

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/debut-tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-trailer-appears-247718.phtml#GdyrdDkjowJtu74y.99

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 10:40:15 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Reminds me of The Watchmen game. Which is sad, because that game looked awesome and ended up sucking pretty bad.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 10:42:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 10:42:50 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jPIYoBzLSM

Ugh, but it's based on the Nickelodeon show. That link is the trailer for those who can't get onto gaming sites.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:43:47 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Doesn't look exactly like the new show. Shame since I think it's the best version to date.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:45:47 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
At the end of the trailer, Nickelodeon is listed next to Activision. Maybe it doesn't directly relate to the new show and Nickelodeon is just the current license holder?

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 10:46:25 AM PST
saskamazon says:
character models look good ... I'll keep it on my radar, bet my son would really enjoy roaming around as one of the TNMTs ....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:50:26 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Seems darker to me anyways. It almost looked more like the comics for a moment. Can't be that since they would all be wearing red but does have a little vibe of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:52:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 10:55:52 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I saw the developer was Red Fly Studio, and decided not to get my hopes up too high. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:55:06 AM PST
Hey says:
I read the TMNT comic series that IDW puts out and Nickelodeon is credited in every issue but otherwise, it has nothing to do with the current series. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is directly linked to the cartoon series though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 10:57:51 AM PST
FOGE says:
IGN said it is NOT related to the nickelodeon show

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:00:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 11:00:56 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I'm just saying. It makes perfect sense to make it based on the new cartoon. They just signed up for season 3 and season 1 isn't even finished yet. They have Legos based on the new TMNT and a second toy line coming out already.

It's popular to say the least lol.

But having watched every episode out with my kids, it looks different from that short trailer. Whatever it's based on, I hope they recapture some of the magic the arcade games had.

Edit: And FOGE said IGN said so! :p

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 11:06:04 AM PST
Prankster says:
I'm carrying forward my hope from last year that Rocksteady will reveal something this E3 for their TMNT game. Them not doing Batman makes me more confident. Just slightly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:08:50 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
For no apparent reason I thought they were working on that new Deadpool game. Who is developing that?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:08:51 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
It was confirmed by Rocksteady that was just rumor. Only thing they are working on (that we know of) is the Deadpool game.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 11:09:30 AM PST
Prankster says:
Guess I missed that news. And it makes me really sad :'(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:12:33 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Alright, just looked into it, and High Moon Studios is working on the Deadpool game. They're the devs behind the console Transformers game from the last three years.

Guess we don't know what Rocksteady is hard at work on at the moment. Hope E3 does shed some light there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:14:03 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Hopefully the next Batman game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:17:26 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Crap, I'm always confusing High Moon and Rocksteady for some reason.

Anyways I still stand by Rocksteady confirming they are not doing TMNT game. I would google a link but work firewalls stop me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:18:04 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
They have been great, but I'd be happy to see them working on something else. Rumor is that they're not working on the next Arkham game.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 11:54:01 AM PST
Kruger says:
Looks pretty good - lets see how it plays.

The last few TMNT games were ",... meh".

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 11:57:55 AM PST
Hey says:
Yeah, I'm actually surprised it's NOT linked to the show. That's really unexpected. I'm not a big fan of the new series but I can see it being popular with kids nowadays. I can't watch the original 80s one without cringing anymore either, though. The IDW comic series is fantastic and they've been reprinting the old Mirage ones in color too. They had to skip over the Cerebus crossover issue though, which is too bad. I'll just have to buy the original one and read it.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 12:11:42 PM PST
Can't wait for this game. Better do the Turtles justice and not be a sucky game...

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 12:19:42 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
The developers for this game did the Wii ports for Ghostbusters, Thor: God of Thunder, and The Force Unleashed 2, as well as the original Mushroom Men. Not damning, but not especially inspiring of hope.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions