Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: You have one job when watching a movie in a theater

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 5:40:07 AM PST
Ice King says:
Just keep your mouth shut for a couple of hours. How is that so hard for people to understand?
I went to see Sinister last night and every time there was a scary scene a bunch of twits in the theater would start chattering away like they're in their living rooms and no one else but them is around.

I know this is hardly a new rant, but people just suck. I usually wait for movies like this to come to DVD but I was bored lat night and I've been wanting to see a good horror movie for a while. The movie was ok, not super scary but not as bad as some horror movies. The scares were at least more than just cheap jump scares, and if I wasn't so annoyed I might have enjoyed it more.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:41:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 5:42:17 AM PST
FOGE says:
God Bless America

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:42:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I won't piss away money to go see a movie unless I'm sure that it's late in its run and there won't be many/any people there. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with waiting for it to show up on Netflix or Redbox and watching it at home in my actual living room without annoying people on cell phones, or chattering away. The movies are too expensive to go there and have a bad experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:43:27 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:44:03 AM PST
"Thanks for not talking during the feature. And thanks for turning off your cell phone."

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:44:12 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I only go to drive in movies.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:45:08 AM PST
Prankster says:
A couple got their less than a year old baby for the 10.30 PM show of the Avengers back in May when I'd gone. He started crying as soon as Loki began the attack on the agents. Now, I know newly anointed parents feel the need to go out once in a while but there has to be some understanding as to what's going to work and what's not. I felt bad that those guys had to leave the theater once they realized everyone had gotten irritated after 15 mins but it wasn't exactly the best situation for the baby either to listen to all those destruction sounds at 11 in the night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:46:49 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I keep talking my wife out of us taking our toddler to the movies. I keep giving her "scientific" evidence about how it could damage his hearing. Truth is: I just don't want to be that douchebag.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:48:26 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
This is why you don't see movies on a Fri/Sat night - teen nights. I go in the afternoon on Sunday's or the first showing on Saturdays. It's cheaper and there's rarely any teens without parents.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:48:26 AM PST
Ice King says:
That's the thing, I was pretty sure it was late enough in the run. I'm sure the movie is very close to being out of theaters (well, normal theaters. It will probably be in the dollar theaters soon but I avoid those like the plague. Cheap tickets attract cheap people) and it was 5PM on a Sunday.
I was fairly confident that it wouldn't be so bad, maybe even an empty theater. Definitely not the shit I encountered.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:51:50 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Oh and if you are on a "date night". Go to a movie theater that serves alcohol and such, hardly anyone under 21 in those too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:52:19 AM PST
Ice King says:
When I saw Clerks 2 some idiot couple had a baby in a stroller that wouldn't stop crying but they didn't leave. The best they did was get up and stand off to the side for a few minutes during one of the worst crying fits but they were still in the theater.
Between them and the stupid hyenas sitting right behind me who felt the need to clap loudly and repeat every line they thought was funny it was a horrible experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:52:20 AM PST
Good man.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:52:39 AM PST
Ice King says:
That was a good movie.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:53:12 AM PST
UnderDogs says:
Yeah I've given up going to the movies now because of this. It drives me crazy how people are to involved in there own world and have no consideration for others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:58:13 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:58:39 AM PST
Drive-in Movies???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:01:20 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah it's a weird feeling, a good time is like you said, school nights.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:09:51 AM PST
You're right DDustiNN Love*...It is weird walking out of a movie into the blinding sunshine....But 11am is a great time to go to see a film!!!...You virtually have the theater to yourself lots 0 times!!! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:10:04 AM PST
Ice King says:
Although drive in movies eliminate the problem of people talking they have other ways rude inconsiderate people can ruin things.
Like people in SUVs or bigger vehicles ignoring the rule that they're supposed to park in the back rows so they don't block smaller cars. Or if they have to park up close then at least keep their back hatch closed.
Or irresponsible parents letting their spawn do whatever they want and run around while the movie is playing and play hide and seek near your car. And Heaven help you if you open your door and knock them down because you foolishly assumed there wouldn't be some inbred hick child crouching there so Billy-Bob Jr. III couldn't find him. Then they suddenly care about what happens to their kids and go into an alcohol fueled rage.
It should be legal to shoot people like this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:13:09 AM PST
Prankster says:
Yeah, look I totally get that everyone feels the need to go out once in a while and that it can be restrictive once you have kids but it's a moral choice you made yourself and unless you can find a solution that isn't troubling others, you have to sacrifice these outings.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:19:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 6:20:14 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
The last movie I went to in the theatre was Avengers, and that was only because I had free movie passes I had gotten for my b-day that were going to expire. I don't pay to go, and here's why:

1) The cost of tickets. TWO tickets at night costs $23. I might as well spend that, and BUY the movie on Bluray to watch however many times I want, whenever I want.
2) The cost of food. Snacks are insanely expensive.
3) The release window between theatre and Blu-ray is now down to about 3-4 months, give or take (the exception is holiday movies, where for example if its a Christmas movie, they'll have it in theatres this Christmas, and release it on Blu NEXT Christmas) Patience is key.
4) If you have a big enough screen and a nice enough sound system, the theatre isn't needed.

AND, you don't have to deal with people talking, kids texting etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:20:20 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Being kicked out of the theater for doing your wife doggie style when you see shirtless men? Priceless.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:20:35 AM PST
Prankster says:
I'm glad the movies don't cost much here. The tickets are generally $3-$6 (the best seats) and the snacks as such also all cost below $2. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:22:18 AM PST
Ice King says:
Exactly. And from the perspective of the people who like to talk, it's great to watch a movie at home because you can talk as much as you want.
Of course, that implies that these people actually give a damn about bothering others. I'm pretty sure they live in a world where only they exist.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions