Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Why is owning a gun a big deal for you Americans?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 408 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:09:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:10:05 AM PST
Senator Dianne Feinstein (California) proposed a ban on all assault weapons, hi-cap mags, and anything with a pistol grip. It would require citizens to turn over their firearms to the government. Right... Because that works so well in Britain.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:10:43 AM PST
The NRA is a great place to find the articles, sure. They also pull them from local news media and compile lists of them.

So does Buckeye:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Ohio-CHL-holders-acting-in-self-defense

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:11:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:12:44 AM PST
Not what I'm saying at all. But you know that. It's easier to take what I'm saying and turn it into "Mogwai said it's an invalid point because it would never happen" even though that isn't what I said at all. What I did say is that your little Beretta isn't going to to save you from a vacuum bomb or a cruise missile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:15:46 AM PST
Of course dude. You always make a level headed argument. I don't agree with you at all that our government is kept honest by the "military" strength of it's populace. But disagreement breeds conversation! Detroit is a nightmare and Michigan has the same gun laws as most of the country. Do you see armed citizens helping out the police? I don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:23:07 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, I ve been enjoying these gun conversations over the past couple days. Really interesting topic! And yes, the armed citizens are not helping the police out in the grand scheme of things. Though the city is beginning to grow a bit more vigilant. In fact, a lot of the police force is frustrated and have been leaving Detroit, which is exactly what I'd do.

http://thegrio.com/2012/02/11/detroit-vigilante-justice-is-now-in-vogue-as-city-cuts-back-on-cops/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:24:31 AM PST
Maybe the government will just glass Detroit like Raccoon City.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:29:32 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I don't think most people would notice the difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:30:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:30:34 AM PST
It's a scary city... I was just there a month ago and was too terrified to ever leave the hotel.

We heard a gunshot pulling into valet parking.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:31:33 AM PST
armed ordinary citizens make up a militia. this was true over 200 years ago, and this is true now. this is to stand up against a tyrannical government. state or federal run military's are not militia's and not what the 2nd amendment is covering.

those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. Just because some people think the amendment is out dated does not make it true. the amendment may have been penned more than 200 years ago, but it was only 60 years ago that Hitler disarmed the Jews. Just because it happened a long time ago, does not mean it can't happen again. (and no I do not think that Obama is gonna trk ur grns).

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:40:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:41:36 AM PST
There are two people that have influenced my opn (YEST GUEST) opn of the worst kind of individuals that shouldn't be allowed to own weapons...

Ted Nugent
Gerald McRaney

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:44:43 AM PST
A few things:

1: Title 10 (Federal active duty) forces are limited in what they can do in the US and to US citizens.
2: Title 32 (National Guard) forces aren't as limited because they belong to governors and not the federal government.
3: Soldiers are people. It's easy to get us to shoot nameless, faceless "hadjis" who don't even speak English. Getting us to head to Cincinatti to massacre US citizens is a little trickier. Just sayin'.
4: We can't even get the authority to wage "total war" on foreigners who hate us. Why would you assume that's how we'd deal with an insurgency in our own back yard?

On a related-but-not note: My neighbors know I don't own a gun. I have two very curious and devious young daughters, so it would have to be locked up and therefore useless.
No, my neighbors know that I do possess the will to hurt someone and don't have anything that will kill very quickly. And a concrete building with no windows around the corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:45:06 AM PST
"opn"?

Orange Pekoe Nougat?
Old Pungent Nipples?
Owls Poaching Norfolk terriers?

I don't get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:46:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:47:17 AM PST
Well is your name GUEST...PUNK???...I don't think Sooo!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:49:08 AM PST
Ugh I hate long or thick nipples on a woman.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:55:07 AM PST
Yest?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:00:19 AM PST
Oppan... GANGNAM STYLE!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:11:14 AM PST
Mojie55 says:
You lads still talking about this. Jesus Christi.

Is this not a Video game forum. The number of articles I put up about Video games and get about 5 responses, then I start an obvious troll about Guns of all things and we are now 11 pages deep.

All the people on here that say they hate all the trolling articles are liars. Pretty much the only articles on this forum that get any participation are troll articles.

Ghhhuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssss

lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:11:46 AM PST
Rated M for Mature!!! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:12:12 AM PST
We all have nipples my dear. Even you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:13:58 AM PST
I love troll articles, for the record.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:15:19 AM PST
FOGE says:
You must be new here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:15:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:15:49 AM PST
....Are you still sore about the revolutionary war loss?

Sorry bro, we were better *shrugs*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:17:22 AM PST
Mojie55 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:17:44 AM PST
'Mer-ku.

'Nuff said.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:21:46 AM PST
Even me??? LOL Thanks!!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  408
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions