Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hitman or Far Cry?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 9:07:30 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Can only get one right now will probably have to wait until Christmas for the other. Which one would you guys recommend over the other?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:13:40 PM PST
Personally Hitman.

Now that's just because I wasn't a big fan of Far Cry 2 and really liked Hitman Blood Money.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:20:22 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Same here I played Far Cry 2 years ago on PC and didn't really care for it much at all, but 3 looks much better I think I'll end up going with Hitman though

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:29:14 PM PST
I guess it depends on what you like more. Are you more of a stealth fan or a shooter fan? Both seem to have potential in both genres.

Far Cry 3 is getting reviews pretty soon, I think as early as this Wednesday on IGN. Granted, this site is IGN which may differ for you based on your opinion of them, but it's a review regardless.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:48:44 PM PST
A customer says:
Far Cry. The first is a classic. I've never played a Hitman game that I've liked. I don't even think it's a good concept for a game.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:29:17 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
Far Cry 3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:57:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 3:59:07 AM PST
farcry 3 won 23 awards at E3 and it's going to have Single player, Co-Op on the campaign, and Multiplayer (like Battlefield and COD) with unlock trees etc. I think what will make this game a smidge better then the others, The Map Editor! make your own maps and DL community made maps, that's Endless replayability instead of waiting 3-6 months for a 10-20 dollar map pack. the fire effects are some of the best I have ever seen and with wildlife added to this one I think it will really be a blast to play. (also the fact that Malaria is Gone and Gun Jamming is also Gone from the game leaving only the fun parts)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:57:56 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Hitman reviews

IGN - 9/10 (surprise!)
Gameinformer - 8.8/10
Official Xbox Magazine - 8.5/10
Joystiq - 4/5
Gamespot - 7.5/10
Gametrailers - 6.9/10

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:18:32 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Still scratching my head over that 6.9 from Gametrailers.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:51:17 AM PST
I guess it really comes down to what kind of game do you like. Personally, I would go with Far Cry 3 as the Hitman series never really grabbed me. Heck, I didn't even like Sam Fisher until it started to become more of an action game than a 'sneak-around' title.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:54:32 AM PST
new Tron says:
Far Cry 3, because it looks incredible, and I'm sure they've fixed all the customer complaints from Far Cry 2.

I'm not a fan of the Hitman series.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:12:21 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i want both but far cry has more gameplay hours overall.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:16:12 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
FarCry 3 on PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:16:37 AM PST
new Tron says:
Ubisoft PC? Yuck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:18:34 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
This is a PC game, it will play and look subpar on consoles. I'd rather sit back and enjoy the beautiful settings as it was made FOR PC.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:19:54 AM PST
waxc3 says:
its not a pc game for me. sorry.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:54:56 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Far Cry 3 looks amazing, can't wait for it.

Hitman doesn't really appeal to me at all, the new footage and a few reviews really turned me off.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:03:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:03:12 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Hitman looks fantastic and inviting, but $65 for a SP game I cancelled. Why did the devs say most people won't finish the game ? Liars ! This was going to be my last game fo the year. I may do like Max Payne and start from the beginning before I play HA. I only played one of the hitmans a long time ago and i don't think I played long.

Far Cry 3 looks OK. Amazing ? At E3 it looked amazing but those were cut scenes. More like tedious; go kill a rabbit (1 part) for its pelt to help build your 5 part arrow quiver and with an extra first person camera that really bothered me on Far Cry 2. Hunting and gathering is fine but with a paint mixer camera I'm not sure I'll be loving the experience as I drive across the maps. Wasn't driving a pain in the azz too like you were driving a jeep with rims for tires...it had tires, but it felt like it didn't. They love the F with the camera. 16 camera angles to open a door or get into a vehicle. I'm pretty sure they want us to vomit. I'll wait on this one and make sure they nailed it.

That's a long time for me until my next preorder, Cry3 in March.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:15:20 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Two completely different games in different genre, I think it just comes down to what you prefer playing first.

Open world FPS or a Third person level based action/stealth game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:17:10 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The Last of Us is not coming out in 2012. 12/31 is a placeholder date.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:28:48 AM PST
Prankster says:
I wasn't even looking at Far Cry till just now. I saw this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZfi1QfdIE...

..and wow! That looks frickin' amazing! Totally gonna get that if it reviews well.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:42:33 AM PST
I'm getting both but farcry 3 will be better and will have a longer campaign.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:01:15 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Skip them both and work on your backlog.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:18:52 AM PST
Semschy says:
According to co-optimus.com the co-op isn't for the campaign. It's just an extra co-op mode similar to Uncharted 3.

2 local players, 4 online or any combination in between, complete objectives on 6 multiplayer maps.

It should be fun, but I wouldn't buy it just for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:22:08 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Hitman

I've had enough FPS for the year.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OMG! Sony predicts another loss this fiscal year to the tune of $2.14 BILLION 5 1 minute ago
Stealth D4 (new game from Swery) Release This Friday on Xbox One 4 3 minutes ago
Quality Bluetooth Headsets 0 11 minutes ago
sunset overdrive is silly, stylish, and incredibly smart 10 11 minutes ago
Zoe Quinn: 5 Things I Learned as the Internet's Most Hated Person (Also, it's a Cracked Article!) 107 12 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 2152 14 minutes ago
Assassins Creed: Unity - Collectors Edition preorder $60 at Dell 26 21 minutes ago
Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer - Whao!!! 15 23 minutes ago
Final Fantasty IV came out on Steam today 9 26 minutes ago
3 free games; you must have the good gaming system to get them 11 35 minutes ago
OT: Just Listened to the Wall (fully) for the First Time in Over a Decade.... 25 36 minutes ago
Anyone like the Games Steel Beasts and winSPMBT? 0 38 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions